IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

4 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

Look, I'm not into the YouTube video scene, so I don't know you from Adam.  But evidently (reading this thread, and other commentary) quite a few people actually do care about your opinion and the fact that you covered this topic.  Whether you want the responsibility, or not, of being an apparently trusted source of information, you seem to have stumbled into it.

I have no interest in creating "videos with a narrative I want to express", so it isn't particularly hampering to me to expect to be truthful and accurate.

So my main disagreement with your posts, that you seem to want to wave away as "pedantic", is that while you claimed to go to great lengths to supply factual information, you then chose to make statements that weren't accurate (and just wave them away as "well a 'reasonable person' would have jumped to that conclusion anyway").

That just seems intellectually dishonest, to me. Or at best, careless.

I read the entire FTC ruling on it, word for word. they have the exact information. It was not careless of dishonest in the slightest. It really seems like you just want to argue. I appreciate it and everything but I didn't come here for that. I would love it people want to discuss or teach me something about video game collecting.

Edited by karljobst
  • Like 5
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, BriGuy82 said:

That's how I view it. I asked a few simple questions on NA and got gang banged. You saw it happen. 

I was referring to the bit in the middle of his post.

Don't disagree with you, at all, that questioning WATA at NA was clamped down on way too hard.  Pretty sure I was right there with you on pointing out the problematic conflicts of interest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Events Helper · Posted
4 minutes ago, karljobst said:

. I appreciate it and everything but I didn't come here for that. I would love it people want to discuss or teach me something about video game collecting.

Might want to avoid this thread unless pinged then, and even then probably still avoid it lol.

• Haha 4
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Zach said:

Back in the NintendoAge days, these people controlled the narrative, and now they can't. If this was a thread on NA, it would have been immediately locked and half of us would have been banned. 

I don't disagree with this statement... a rift was forming near the end of NA between myself and the mods/admins as to what should be allowed on the site. I'm a free speech kind of guy, and we often bumped heads on issues regarding bannings and thread removals. It's one of the many reasons I walked away from everything.

• Like 5
  • Wow! 5
  • Love 4
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Dude.... Pay attention. I'm talking about WATA. This has nothing to do with Dain selling his collection. 

October 2017 - Dain leaves Wata.

March 2018 - Emails from Wata with Dain listed as being involved (WHEN HE HAS CLEARLY SHOWN PROOF THAT HE WAS NO LONGER OFFICIALLY INVOLVED.)

Dain says he wasn't involved (just advising on the side). Wata says he WAS involved, per the email. Either Dain is lying right now, which I doubt, because why would he? Or WATA was using his name for their benefit in a manipulative and dishonest fashion.

Oh, I didn't get that that was the angle you were coming at it from. In that case, I don't really have an opinion, as I don't think the facts are sufficiently clear. I guess it would be up to Dain whether he wants to comment on whether by saying he wasn't "involved" after 2017 (in the context, remember, of whether he was a director or executive or whatknot), he also meant that he was no longer advising them, and whether he has any problem with Deniz describing him as being on an "advisory board" after that date. I can hardly comment for him, I don't know the guy and had nothing to do with any of this. 😛

Edited by AdamW
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Dain said:

I don't disagree with this statement... a rift was forming near the end of NA between myself and the mods/admins as to what should be allowed on the site. I'm a free speech kind of guy, and we often bumped heads on issues regarding bannings and thread removals. It's one of the many reasons I walked away from everything.

I for one, am pro anarchy.

sue makes stuff GIF

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Dain said:

I dont think you have so far, but maybe its time to make a post and go thru everything that happened.  Could make things easier to understand for the people that were hurt by how things went down.

• Agree 3

12 minutes ago, karljobst said:

I appreciate it and everything but I didn't come here for that. I would love it people want to discuss or teach me something about video game collecting.

I can teach you more than you would ever want to know about Pokemon box prints, if you like. Just step this way...

wait! stop screaming and come back here! I haven't finished with you yet!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Dain said:

What a joke. You were completely absent from anything to do with the forum for the better part of a decade. You would have had to show up for any "bumping heads" to have occurred. You just sat back and let us get shit on, some things never change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow! 10
  • Love 1

@Dain I seem to remember you're a runner, someone mentioned you're a cyclist too, is that true?

If so, if you make it to Taiwan, look me up. I'll cycling with you in the rural areas here, to the sights, even up to cloud level at some point. One word of caution though, if I see wild Formosan dogs, I go full alpha male and let my cycling mates to deal with the barks and bites 😉

• Haha 1

Just now, B.A. said:

What a joke. You were completely absent from anything to do with the forum for the better part of a decade. You would have had to show up for any "bumping heads" to have occurred. You just sat back and let us get shit on, some things never change.

I was seriously waiting for this exact comment.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 3

13 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

I was referring to the bit in the middle of his post.

Don't disagree with you, at all, that questioning WATA at NA was clamped down on way too hard.  Pretty sure I was right there with you on pointing out the problematic conflicts of interest.

Yes, you were and I still appreciate it. 

• Thanks 1