IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

52 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

From what I remember Jeff popped in a couple times when NA had the old look to announce improvements and stuff like that. Once the site flipped over to how it looks now Jeff basically disappeared. A lot of people pinged and asked but got nothing but silence. After that we all just starting coming to VGS which became our new home. 

Maybe the ex mods or longer time community members have better information than I do. 

That's basically how I remember it.

• Agree 2

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

That's basically how I remember it.

I also do vividly remember the panic when the site was bought, or at least when it was initially announced that it was going to happen. A few people started immediately abandoning ship and leaving for good, while some others stuck around to see what would happen. I was one of the latter myself, although I don't remember being all that surprised at the end outcome.

@Dain_ did u know wata was using your name after

--- September, 2017 (legal papers were signed on October 18, 2017):

because I remember how weird it was seeing your name in March 2018 w was like ---- well if he supports it, it might be alright

so your name was the only one that seemed like it wasnt what it was and likely caused a lot of people to invest who otherwise wouldnt have

• Like 5
  • Wow! 2

6 minutes ago, WalterWhiteJr. said:

It troubles me that people defend this bs. We are all entitled to our own opinion but my god lol. Maybe time to do some soul searching. 

I’m mean in their shoes, if I had WATA graded games on my shelves I’d be defending it too. 

I don’t own or have ever owned graded games but that doesn’t make my opinion any better than theirs. 

And for now this entire thread is just a matter of opinion. It’s my opinion, that is shared by others. And their opinion, which is share by others. 

I’ve always said collect however it makes you happy. I’m just glad to have a community that is as passionate about it as I am so I don’t feel like a weirdo! And that is wherever you stand on it. I may not agree with @jonebone or @mlbfan10 or @ExplodedHamster but I still value their opinions and welcome their thoughts. 

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, karljobst said:

Hi, I created an account here so I can answer questions.

On the topic of Dain, I felt I was quite clear in the video that Dain was previously associated with the company but is not currently. That's why I said "the cherry on top, is that WHEN WATA Games was incorporated in 2017, Dain Anderson WAS the executive officer.". When I was talking about Jeff, I was using current tense (Meyer IS a director). I then further confirm that Dain was no longer with the business by saying "So this entire deal (when the deal took place) happened between 2 men that WERE or are directly involved with the company". I'm very careful with my words, and my words specifically mention that Dain was not a part of the company at the time of the deal taking place. I apologise for not stressing it more, and admittedly, I keep forgetting that it is very easy for people to misunderstand things.

I've since spoken with Dain and nothing he did was wrong, I just felt it was important to mention for transparency. I will be doing an update and I will be making this more clear. I do believe Dain only had good intentions with everything.

Jeff's statement suggests that I called him an employee. This is not correct (again, I'm very careful with my words). The reason I kept bringing up Kahn's quote was to stress the conflict of interest that arises when people associated with the company grade their own games and sell them. Being a Director is WORSE than an employee because you have more influence over the company, and there is more potential for fraud. A director grading their own games in a privileged way and flipping them without telling anyone they are a director is definitely grounds for fraud. At the very least, it should be investigated.

There were a lot of assumptions about my motives or what I do and don't know (a lot of them wrong) but I would love to answer any questions you have.

Oh, nice seeing you here! I really enjoyed the video.

Dain may have had good intentions but there were a few things that could've been handled better, such as giving the mod team a bit more insight when selling the site to a for-profit cuz I remember this announcement being a bit out of the blue, which angered a few of the mods and was one of the catalysts that led to VGS being made. But then my memory is a bit fuzzy because I left the NA Mod Squad a bit before things were starting to get sour.

Pretty sure I remember the founding of WATA as a few of the mods/admins were involved. Pretty sure I even bought games off of them (Kenny Thrower I do remember getting stuff from him, haha). But from what I remember dealing with them they didn't seem like scumbags to me. The real culprits in this whole ordeal are the Heritage guy, Jeffy, and all those scumbags that willingly create a bubble trying to profit off this silly little hobby of ours.

I really do wonder how much of the shady stuff WATA does is genuine ignorance and how much is scumbaggery

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Californication said:

Mmm organic growth.

chrome_screenshot_1630071352264.png

Good to see you putting your new vocab word to use. Read my comments again, I said demand from collectors, which is only part of demand, has grown organically as new collectors enter the market. 

Edited by kell
  • Agree 1

Just now, kell said:

Good to see you putting your new vocab word to use. Read my comments again, I said demand from collectors, which is only part of demand, has grown organically as new collectors enter the market. 

I'm a CPA. Part of my job is to put together workbooks that map organic growth.

• Like 9
  • Wow! 1

40 minutes ago, Californication said:

I'm a CPA. Part of my job is to put together workbooks that map organic growth.

I said a particular segment of demand has grown organically. What you showed is price (total market). 

Since you are a CPA , and I'm CPA, I don't need to explain why you can not compare the two, right?

Edited by kell
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 2
  • Haha 2
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, OptOut said:

Well, we'll have to make a new category for LEGACY thread of the year, where threads from previous years are eligible to win! 😉

THat or request the admin break off every post from the point of this dust up started days ago and put it in its own thread of which title (to be fair) the starter of this blowout started.  It really should have been in its own thread considering the other was more pointing out to mocking/agreeing(yeah I know) with their posts/practices.

This though, this is grade A level corruption level stuff all popped up and blown way up by Karl there.  I can't do it, know the software enough to know it can be done, and would if I could.  Just ask.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, kell said:
  • in the course of gradual or natural development.
    "the market grew organically from its modest beginnings"

Any other "mistakes" of mine you'd like to correct?

How I understand “organic”  is if genuine collectors from that market are winning the end bids (natural means). If they were purchased by jonebone, sealedwholesale, or 1Up and the purchase was shown and discussed on this forum, then it would seem more “organic” to me.

Currently the end bids are over-populated with hypists, manipulators, or people who don’t reveal themselves. So despite there being more general interest/demand, the biggest players in the scene currently aren’t the genuine collectors themselves but ones with quick-flip incentives. People who only care to inflate the prices rather than to buy them for a bargain deal.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2