IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

1 hour ago, Californication said:

I don't think you understand what organic means.

Organic means that rather than using cleaner "synthetic" fertilizers that are often just extracted from the natural stuff, they just toss a bunch of literal shit on the food and call it a day.

Fits well here. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, kell said:

I said a particular segment of demand has grown organically. What you showed is price (total market). Do I need to explain why you cannot compare the two?  

I'm a CPA as well.

Do you have data to support the organic growth of the particular segment? I’d be interested in seeing it. 

• Like 1

I can't 

5 minutes ago, Californication said:

Then how do you not know what organic growth means?

Not sure why I am engaging with this... but I need to finish my coffee.

Organic growth is by "gradual or natural development." I used it for collectors, which would mean more collectors (not speculators) have entered the market due to natural influence. For example, video game relevance and popularity has increased. Therefore, more people (collectors) seek out games to buy, generating more demand and thus, drive prices higher.

That's it. Organic growth.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 2

2 hours ago, SealedWholesale said:

2 hours ago, SealedWholesale said:

I will attach the early-submission program that we offered to select individuals, which includes at the bottom a spot in the Attendee Guide for C2E2 so you can see a couple shots of our games and some high-level information. 

I would absolutely love to see a list of names of whom were part of the early submissions program. Transparency is a good thing, right? Who were the "select individuals"?

Edited by BriGuy82
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SealedWholesale said:

@Dain_ did u know wata was using your name after

--- September, 2017 (legal papers were signed on October 18, 2017):

because I remember how weird it was seeing your name in March 2018 w was like ---- well if he supports it, it might be alright

so your name was the only one that seemed like it wasnt what it was and likely caused a lot of people to invest who otherwise wouldnt have

I was asked to be part of the beta testing program, where several games were sent to several subject matter experts to grade the games and return the grading results. This process was to hone the overall grading process. I also gave Deniz some constructive feedback on the WATA website after it opened. I had no skin in the game, I did these things to help a friend get his business off the ground. So that's what I did, I advised him where I had knowledge, such as sealed games and websites 🙂

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Vectrex28 said:

Oh, nice seeing you here! I really enjoyed the video.

Dain may have had good intentions but there were a few things that could've been handled better, such as giving the mod team a bit more insight when selling the site

Fair enough, and I've never blamed anyone for feeling this way. I totally get it and I do have many things to add to this conversation I'll eventually write about.

• Like 12
  • Wow! 2
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Dain said:

Fair enough, and I've never blamed anyone for feeling this way. I totally get it and I do have many things to add to this conversation I'll eventually write about.

Hey I appreciate you taking criticism so well, which has become way too rare in this day and age. I'd love to read about your thoughts about all this, keep me posted 😄

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Events Team · Posted
7 minutes ago, OptOut said:

FUN FACT: 

Everyone's favourite pal @OptOut only ever heard of Nintendo Age by listening to Pat's podcast! 😲

Without Pat Contri, you all would have a gaping hole in this site to fill where Ol' Opty wasn't! 😇

I probably never would've had any interest in retro games in general (or, if nothing else, realized that collecting them was totally a thing I could do) were it not for me binging tons of AVGN videos as a kid back in the day.

People like to shit on people like James and Pat I notice (Well, particularly Pat) but honestly I personally think we owe a lot to people like them. They were some of the people who initially put the concept of game collecting on the map thanks to their popularity. Potential hot take, haha.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

People like to shit on people like James and Pat I notice (Well, particularly Pat) but honestly I personally think we owe a lot to people like them.

Pat did have some strong and divisive opinions, but no more than anyone else, IMO. If he didn't have a YT channel/podcast, I don't think he'd get nearly as much hate. His Punk videos were goofy, but the review portions had merit.

James has always been a filmmaker first and the Nerd was always just a character for him to build short films around. I don't think he took the reviews that seriously. He was (and still is) entertaining.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3

34 minutes ago, kell said:

I said a particular segment of demand has grown organically. What you showed is price (total market). Do I need to explain why you cannot compare the two?  

I'm a CPA as well.

I agree the two shouldn't be compared. The organic growth is immaterial compared to the growth of the market so there is no point in discussing it. Organic growth is a blip, a little bitty data point compared to growth resulting from incoming speculators.

• Agree 2

New game: Organic Growth!

Stage 1 - You're at your favourite con, and there's sealed games everywhere! Snap 'n Slab 'em all up before that killjoy Youtuber catches you in the act!

Stage 2 - Congratulations! Your WATA-slabbed games caught the eye of Jimmy Halps and Jeffy! Get as much money from auctions and become a WATA director!

Stage 3 - It's time for the big one: Super Mario 64, 9.8 A++! Corrupt as many newspapers for headlines and sell as many shares of the game as you can

Stage 4 - Uh-oh! You have been exposed. Time to make a quick escape to the Bahamas with all your illegal WATA money!

Edited by Vectrex28
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, Dain said:

Hey Dain! Great to hear from you 😃

Did you get back to collecting or have you quit cold turkey  🍗 

836846DE-9092-40B6-81DB-D5149FDC3A23.thumb.jpeg.5d88b368b70fa642ab1955b7fb5407b5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Dain said:

I was asked to be part of the beta testing program, where several games were sent to several subject matter experts to grade the games and return the grading results. This process was to hone the overall grading process. I also gave Deniz some constructive feedback on the WATA website after it opened. I had no skin in the game, I did these things to help a friend get his business off the ground. So that's what I did, I advised him where I had knowledge, such as sealed games and websites 🙂

so you quote an email from 2017 not to "be a part of wata " as your official stance and then become an advisor shortly after where Deniz can advertise you to investors?

• Like 2