IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Bro you're quoting something from 3 hours ago. May as well try chatting with the Mayans.

I wonder if you went far enough back in the thread, you'd actually go back past the big bang and see what happened before the universe as we know it formed.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I don't know of anyone who's not here because he is. 

As I've said - clean slate. @Tanooki has been a totally fine member of VGS as far as I've seen. What's past is past and he's entitled to his opinion whether you or I or anyone disagrees or not.

That's the beauty IMO - he should be able to express his opinion even on this without fear of being banned for that opinion. He's certainly not hurting anyone by having an unpopular opinion, and I personally feel that it livens the place up. 

Dang. You’re right. I’m sorry.

Did you ever get a haircut? 

2 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

This is where I’m out of the discussion and honestly offended that some people would even like or agree with this post. I have always been an honest and hard working person whether it was buying, selling or trading and my feedback received here and elsewhere reflects that. This kind of backlash just for being so dastardly to suggest that maybe Karl’s grand unifying theory of the Wata / HA conspiracy isn’t really a conspiracy is something I don’t need. I was hoping at least VGS would be a place where I could have a discussion without these kinds of personal attacks but I guess not. For the record, I got the same and worse for the same topic over on Reddit:

Personal attack?  I expressed thanks for letting me know who I wouldn't do business with--someone who had expressed they were A-ok with behavior that I saw (and continue to see) as completely unethical.  I don't have anything at all personal against you, just pointing out it's good to know who's on the other end of the spectrum from me as far as personal ethics is concerned.  As far as the Reddit stuff...you kind of stepped in that all on your own, from what I can see.  If what the original post says is true (the shop owner deletes any criticism about graded games), then, to me, that's a legit criticism of the guy, and no matter how friendly you might be with him in real life, doesn't make his online actions seem less censoring or the wrong move to make.

2 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

I could be wrong but shill bidding is when you make a bid you can’t actually pay up on. If you end up winning the auction you just don’t pay. If someone else wins then you accomplished your goal. 

What Wata / HA did with SMB was heavily discussed on here and well known. They didn’t hide it. Because it’s not illegal. They publicly said “we pooled our money and paid for it because we think it’s worth that much. It’s shady, but now it’s worth a lot more. Mission accomplished, and not shill bidding.

No, shill bidding is when someone bids on something in order to bump up the price for the seller/auctioneer, usually in hopes of provoking a bidding war.  The best shills go ahead and pay for their bid should they win, versus retracting it, as really, they've only served to increase the perception of "verified" value of what the seller is peddling.  A university's definition is "Shill bidding in English auction is the deliberate placing bids on the seller's behalf to artificially drive up the price of his auctioned item. Shill bidding has been known to occur in auctions of high-value items like art and antiques where bidders' valuations differ and the seller's payoff from fraud is high."  A literal dictionary definition is "the practice of bidding for something that you are selling in an auction in order to increase the selling price".  So if you're stating that you're ok with someone "stirring the pot" by quietly bidding up their own stuff, so long as someone else legitimately has a higher bid at the end and pays up...that again leads back to the difference in personal ethics that led us to these replies.  If you're not stating you're ok with that sort of thing, it's unclear from the quote directly above, and you might want to clarify it, as it's not a great look, ethics-wise.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Bro you're quoting something from 3 hours ago. May as well try chatting with the Mayans.

Imagine how I've felt the last couple of days, leaving for ~24 hours, then coming back to ~10 pages of stuff to sift through, while the back end keeps growing out ahead, lol!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Administrator · Posted
Just now, darkchylde28 said:

Imagine how I've felt the last couple of days, leaving for ~24 hours, then coming back to ~10 pages of stuff to sift through, while the back end keeps growing out ahead, lol!

I keep glancing at my phone and I have like 10+ notifications every time. It's really distracting!

• Love 1
  • Haha 3