IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

On 8/4/2021 at 2:47 AM, AdamW said:

...and WATA is about to get flooded by the dozens of copies that instantly sold off eBay after that happened 😄

The first person who sold theres was a genius but for everyone else about to get in on the action is about to saturate the market and be stuck in a price war with each other. It seems the frenzy has spread onto other Xbox 360 titles: CoD MW and BO, GoW, Minecraft, Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, Halo and w/e else people think is valuable. Many of these games are not hard to find.

This reminds of someone who posted on the "wata turnaround times" topic having 10 copies of GB Pokémon red, blue and yellow; waiting to be graded. Then someone else responded something like plz don't flood the market all at once. Why assume this would hurt the market value? Those games are hard to find. Thats like saying if someone were to list on ebay, 10 factory sealed ungraded minty copies of SMB nes (any variation). Would people think this saturation hurt the market? I doubt it.

Edited by AnimalHouse

Just wrapped up a follow-up call as well a little while ago.

TL:DR edition, some of my items may be making it to auction in October or February.

I can give some additional details on my discussion as well if people want to hear more, and having you guys following the process may be beneficial so I don't make any potential mistakes going forward if I decide to pull the trigger, but yeah, this has been interesting to say the least.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, WarMech said:

Just wrapped up a follow-up call as well a little while ago.

TL:DR edition, some of my items may be making it to auction in October or February.

I can give some additional details on my discussion as well if people want to hear more, and having you guys following the process may be beneficial so I don't make any potential mistakes going forward if I decide to pull the trigger, but yeah, this has been interesting to say the least.

Just to clarify, did you contact them or they contact you? What’s made it “interesting”?

1 hour ago, GPX said:

Just to clarify, did you contact them or they contact you? What’s made it “interesting”?

I reached out to them, with an initial list of 9 games, most of which were already seen here in the sealed game forum. I was honestly not expecting a callback from them, but those 9 alone went past their minimum for going to auction, and now they are going through my list of 166 to trim down what they would potentially want to sell, which I will then trim again to see what I want to go with. We conversed a little bit on some previous items that sold as well and just did some Q&A on the whole process -  I just found the whole process thus far to be interesting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, WarMech said:

I reached out to them, with an initial list of 9 games, most of which were already seen here in the sealed game forum. I was honestly not expecting a callback from them, but those 9 alone went past their minimum for going to auction, and now they are going through my list of 166 to trim down what they would potentially want to sell, which I will then trim again to see what I want to go with. We conversed a little bit on some previous items that sold as well and just did some Q&A on the whole process -  I just found the whole process thus far to be interesting.

Are they graded already or are you going to get them graded through them? Was it Valarie who contacted you?

43 minutes ago, tidaldreams said:

Are they graded already or are you going to get them graded through them? Was it Valarie who contacted you?

Not graded, but they offered to help me get it done for me, which honestly I found to be the most cautionary part to this. And no, Valerie did not contact me, though that was who I reached out to initially. She forwarded it to someone else who also works in the category.

Administrator · Posted
27 minutes ago, WarMech said:

Not graded, but they offered to help me get it done for me, which honestly I found to be the most cautionary part to this. And no, Valerie did not contact me, though that was who I reached out to initially. She forwarded it to someone else who also works in the category.

Are you saying that through Heritage you could get your games expedited through the grading system at Wata in time for an October auction? 

37 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Are you saying that through Heritage you could get your games expedited through the grading system at Wata in time for an October auction? 

The rep did say to expect them to more than likely be ready for a February auction over October. He thought they might be ready for October until I mentioned the WATA backlog.

4 hours ago, Gloves said:

They definitely do that for the true cream of the crop stuff.  They hinted a sealed Zelda TM and some sealed long boxes (Resident Evil, Twisted Metal, etc.) that they are doing just that.  It's not that hard to get something through the Warp Zone queue door to door in less than a month which is still plenty of time for October.