IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

4 minutes ago, inasuma said:

All the fun stuff was patched out of the site. Still a huge bummer.

I enjoyed seeing my grades before they shipped lol

My two orders from over a year ago have finally moved into grading/post grading. Literally a week or so after they made the change haha. Would've loved to see the grades. Especially before they send the email (that I know I'm going to get) asking for more money. Values for games have skyrocketed in the past year. Smh. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, WalterWhiteJr. said:

Lol PSA bought Wata 48 hours after these sales. 

Technically Collector's Universe (PSA's parent company) bought WATA.

3 hours ago, RH said:

Well, this just makes me want to say "screw it all" and release my pop report I've generated from the Wata data I pulled FROM THEIR FRONT PAGE back in June.  Things are just getting to shady and the general consumer needs to have as much legitimate info they can too help make wiser decisions.  Although, we all have to admit that who is using any wisdom when they make such insanely high purchases.

(No, I will not share it hear, and I will not give it to you via PM. I only want to do it much more badly now.  I will not actually share it, so do not ask in PM.)

I can't imagine how many PMs you get. 😞

1 hour ago, arch_8ngel said:

What am I missing as to why sharing this would be a problem?

Have you ever been legally tied up with a corporation with 1000x the cash as you? Even if what you did was legal, it's an enormous drain. lol

53 minutes ago, Californication said:

Normally I pass on Pats videos, but that one was pretty good. Thank you for posting it. I agree with everything he says basically.  

Other than condition, there is no reason why this game should’ve driven that premium. There were millions and millions sold nothing about the game is rare outside of the condition. 

The whole idea of this fetching that price because it’s a pivotal game is bullshit. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Normally I pass on Pats videos, but that one was pretty good. Thank you for posting it. I agree with everything he says basically.  

Other than condition, there is no reason why this game should’ve driven that premium. There were millions and millions sold nothing about the game is rare outside of the condition. 

The whole idea of this fetching that price because it’s a pivotal game is bullshit. 

Agreed 100%

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Gulag Joe said:

HOT TAKE: multiple games will sell for over a million dollars in the next big heritage auction.

HOTTER TAKE: At least one will be a sports game.

I think high grade Tecmo Bowls will continue to go up in price.

My sleeper pick for a potential big time sports game sale is a high grade Sega Genesis Team USA (from 1992, "The Dream Team"), especially now that WATA and PSA are run by the same company. You have a rare game that is hard to find sealed representing the greatest team ever assembled in sports history and the fact, the game comes with some Team USA cards, so it appeals to game and card collectors.

Edited by Dumars2001
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dumars2001 said:

My sleeper pick for a potential big time sports game sale is a high grade Sega Genesis Team USA (from 1992, "The Dream Team"), especially now that WATA and PSA are run by the same company. You have a rare game that is hard to find sealed representing the greatest team ever assembled in sports history and the fact, the game comes with some Team USA cards, so it appeals to game and card collectors.

unfortunately not in great shapeD2177B40-4C8A-4F27-82DC-B4B5DB21C264.thumb.jpeg.53f75919f9c72766779860d6547331c8.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dumars2001 said:

I like that sleeper pick of the Dream Team, I also think the tecmo bowls have potential. Imo, the first 7 figure sports game is gonna be Jordan vs Bird for NES in high grade.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dumars2001 said:

I sold one with a lot of wrap wear a couple months back, probably still on eBay.  I like the title and lots of titles but I'm picky on condition and it had tons of wrap tears.

You could pick tons of sports titles that are undervalued when sealed Mint.  Just because they certainly aren't out there supply wise (just like everything else), it's just the low demand that keeps them cheap.  All you need is one in front of an audience and boom.

People put too much thought into "I can't believe ______ sold for $xxx,xxx!"  It's much more simple.  Let's say there's $10M, $20M, etc. in money at the table and tuned into the auction wanting to grab something.  You got 250 games to pick from, now go!  That money is getting spent and it is just whatever supply gets thrown into the market at that given moment.  

Edited by jonebone
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

@DefaultGen I had to throw you a sub for that video. Bravo sir, Bravo. 

I did as well, haha.

I have a few sealed Genesis titles. NOTHING amazing at all. Primal Rage, Some TNN fishing game, Jungle Strike. Part of me says even if I could get a couple hundred bucks for them I should do it, but I don't really wanna go through the hassle of waiting 2 years or whatever to get them graded. 

13 hours ago, Dumars2001 said:

I think you could EASILY make the argument that the 9.4/A+ Round Seal Tecmo Bowl that sold for 46k was the best purchase of the auction, for where this is going. That is like a population 10ish game from what I have seen (in round seal) and it's one of the nicer copies out there.

The game I think will be just massive is the first Madden for Genesis and SNES. Jonebone has one of the nicest ones I've ever seen for Genesis. These are cardboard games, hard to find, and extremely condition sensitive. That Dream Team game will also be really big, I'd wager. It's very hard to find and that cover is going to be so coveted.

Edited by ExplodedHamster
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maertens29 said:

It's funny because Tecmo Bowl *really* doesn't resonate with me at all.  I get the significance, but this is definitely an instance of me being born in '93 and just not having the same cultural experience with it.

Me too, I grew up playing Tecmo Baseball lol. My first football game I loved was Madden 92.

2 hours ago, ExplodedHamster said:

I think you could EASILY make the argument that the 9.4/A+ Round Seal Tecmo Bowl that sold for 46k was the best purchase of the auction, for where this is going. That is like a population 10ish game from what I have seen (in round seal) and it's one of the nicer copies out there.

The game I think will be just massive is the first Madden for Genesis and SNES. Jonebone has one of the nicest ones I've ever seen for Genesis. These are cardboard games, hard to find, and extremely condition sensitive. That Dream Team game will also be really big, I'd wager. It's very hard to find and that cover is going to be so coveted.

Nah... Hagane was definitely the best deal.