IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

3 minutes ago, A_Feisty_Pickle said:

2 thoughts on Wata being sold...

How much is this going to delay orders they already have?

How the hell are they going to move all this inventory to California without damaging anything. 

According to the reports they will continue to operate under existing leadership, for the time being.

3 minutes ago, A_Feisty_Pickle said:

2 thoughts on Wata being sold...

How much is this going to delay orders they already have?

How the hell are they going to move all this inventory to California without damaging anything. 

I doubt they'd move out of Colorado. Their entire staff is based there. They'll prob just change the name on the building. 

Just now, A_Feisty_Pickle said:

According to this article they are moving if I am reading it right. 

https://www.actionnetwork.com/news/psa-grading-parent-buys-video-game-grader-wata

Oh yeah...

Also, this is EVEN WORSE...

According to that article PSA ALSO BOUGHT GOLDIN AUCTIONS!!!

So, we thought the collusion between HA and WATA was bad? WE AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET!!!

die family guy GIF

• Like 1
  • Wow! 2

3 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Oh yeah...

So, we thought the collusion between HA and WATA was bad? WE AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET!!!

die family guy GIF

VHS tapes to the moon!

ren and stimpy art GIF by hoppip

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Oh yeah...

die family guy GIF

Well, doesn't the fact that WATA sold to Heritage's competition kind of make clear there was no large undue influence by Heritage over WATA? At least in terms of major company decision-making?

I will say it is going to be an issue that one company legitimately owns and controls a number of major grading companies as well as a major auction house. That is going to be a very difficult needle to thread from a PR perspective.

Edited by ExplodedHamster
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, ExplodedHamster said:

Well, doesn't the fact that WATA sold to Heritage's competition kind of make clear there was no large undue influence by Heritage over WATA? At least in terms of major company decision-making?

I will say it is going to be an issue that one company legitimately owns and controls a number of major grading companies as well as a major auction house. That is going to be a very difficult needle to thread...

There's ZERO honour amongst thieves, brother. 😉

They got a bigger check, that's all WATA have EVER cared about...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, OptOut said:

There's ZERO honour amongst thieves, brother. 😉

They got a bigger check, that's all WATA have EVER cared about...

Well, it's definitely been a crazy ass month in collectibles. So much has happened it's hard to keep up tbh lol

Edited by ExplodedHamster

Well, this just makes me want to say "screw it all" and release my pop report I've generated from the Wata data I pulled FROM THEIR FRONT PAGE back in June.  Things are just getting to shady and the general consumer needs to have as much legitimate info they can too help make wiser decisions.  Although, we all have to admit that who is using any wisdom when they make such insanely high purchases.

(No, I will not share it hear, and I will not give it to you via PM. I only want to do it much more badly now.  I will not actually share it, so do not ask in PM.)

Edited by RH
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Graphics Team · Posted
On 7/13/2021 at 12:04 AM, ExplodedHamster said:

Some fun…theories in this thread, but the sale is real and being paid for. How do I know? I am the seller. No, I did not shill it up or have anyone else do so. The Zelda was also mine and is being paid for. I didn’t shill that either. 

Happy to answer any questions I can :).

That's crazy, dude!

I think the most important question is: How much of that lettuce is going right back into video games haha?

I'm also curious to know how long you were sitting on that Zelda and Mario 64 before grading/auctioning them. Were they in your collection for a long time?

-CasualCart

Exploded Hamster Millionaire.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, RH said:

Well, this just makes me want to say "screw it all" and release my pop report I've generated from the Wata data I pulled FROM THEIR FRONT PAGE back in June.  Things are just getting to shady and the general consumer needs to have as much legitimate info they can too help make wiser decisions.  Although, we all have to admit that who is using any wisdom when they make such insanely high purchases.

(No, I will not share it hear, and I will not give it to you via PM. I only want to do it much more badly now.  I will not actually share it, so do not ask in PM.)

What am I missing as to why sharing this would be a problem?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hammerfestus said:

Aww hell yeah.  Let’s go baby!

image.thumb.jpeg.2debdd2664510929880031cbef4fd7de.jpeg

Also that’s a fun fact about LeBron.

I bought a copy of this on ebay a few months back, mint in the pictures, then it showed up to my doorstep looking like Ace Ventura: Pet Detective delivered it. I even said "please don't ship in a bubble mailer".

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

What am I missing as to why sharing this would be a problem?

I got the data and though I don't think there's anything illegal about what I did, two days later, Wata changed their TOS regarding scraping data and the dump is 100% tied to me and my account.  They know who dumped it.  If I'm the same guy who pulled all of their data and then I release a rather thorough report I created for myself, I don't think they'd take to kindly to that.  Even if they didn't pursue legal action (even without a case, it costs money to get a lawyer to represent you so some companies thug-up like that) I have one game submitted to them since early December, and I want it back.

That said, others dumped/owned the data too.  For those curious, it's a list of all their games they have in their database which they have or might potentially grade.  If the game is supposedly graded, there was also a list of "variants" on each given game.  Variants isn't the best term.  It's more like identifiable items which they grade or annotate on the case, so a "variant" could be the shrink wrap, the box, the manual, the cartridge and it could even be a note stating it's a proto/item in a "collection"/Homebrew/etc.

Anyway, I don't want to be the go-to backdoor guy for this info, but I also don't want to personally release my own report (which any of you guys with the data could possibly create if you know how to use Excel/Google Sheets/A Database).

I'll admit I legally obtained this data, but they still have one game of mine.  At a minimum, I don't want them to hold that thing up in limbo for 20 years, or get it back and they tell me "oops, we crushed your game".  My game is a true gem mint conditioned copy of Riven for PS1 (because I'm a huge Myst fan.)  There was no shelf wear, the shrink wrap was amazing with no warping or miss-folds, and it came from an older gentleman who is slowly selling his collection of games he's been building for over 40 years, according to his bio.  I'm sure it won't be a 10.0 because those grades are saved for initial investors, but I'd still like to get my game back with the hopes it will be in excellent shape. I'm already nervous with everyone reporting damaged games from Wata.  If I had any clue what the past 6 months would have revealed, I would have never shipped the thing off on a whim to get graded but I've never graded a game before and I wanted to get that piece entombed for my shelf.

But I swear, if there's a fruit fly in the case...

Edited by RH
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Oh, and one more thing.  I had at one point shared a few select, raw details for key games.  Those posts were redacted by the admins, and I 100% agree with that call.  There's no need for this site to get caught up in managing what data is posted and then they get hassled by Wata/Collector's Universe lawyers.

If you happen to find a copy of the the data, please do not share it here, or start a thread distributing details.  This is for the sake of the mods and community.  However, feel free to discuss it wherever else you see fit on any other forum.  I'm putting the VGS community first with this one, and that's another reason why I'm keeping the details sealed.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1