IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Sealed mint PS1 "rares" on life support even 9.8 A++, sheeeeesh. I mean everything is crashing, just crazy to see stuff like this not even get off the ground, as much as they are "old collector" games.

lQ50zOA.png

WYfbfbL.png

I mean, to those of us who have been shaking our heads at the whole WATA debacle for the past 2-3 years, it's not really too shocking, honestly.  A lot of these games are finally settling down to where they really should have been this whole time--still overpriced to those of us not in the sealed/super mint game, but within the realm of reason for even us, meaning folks who do collect in that sphere aren't having to cough up the equivalent of 2-3 houses just for a sealed copy of a super common game.  This is simply the market correcting to around where it really should have been this whole time, without all the crazy pump-and-dump investors radically skewing all the numbers.

• Love 1
  • Agree 1

Does anybody know who bought it? The number of people spending that kind of money on video games can’t be that big of a pool. I wonder if the person bought the copy for 144k also bought this one. Like maybe he/she put in a couple bids to raise the price to try to protect his/her investment only to win it again 😂 

1 hour ago, final fight cd said:

Does anybody know who bought it? The number of people spending that kind of money on video games can’t be that big of a pool. I wonder if the person bought the copy for 144k also bought this one. Like maybe he/she put in a couple bids to raise the price to try to protect his/her investment only to win it again 😂 

its a amazing how many expensive things a wealthy person buys. There’s quite a few of them.

Sniffing around a few YouTube chats and Discord groups for sealed and graded collectors, people are really feeling deflated.

Apparently the next great hope for these guys is that a bunch of "fresh blood" from comic and card collectors are going to flood into the scene once CGC comes on to the market with their grading, but honestly I'm calling that the purest of all hopium...

Why were all these guys trying to build a hobby on the back of secondhand interest from other collecting communities?! Isn't that just the dumbest way to go about building up a sustainable future for what is meant to be the next big collectable boom?

Looks like a lot of them have started to figure out that this whole thing was dumb, at least, expensive lesson, but lesson learned... I wonder how the dentist is getting on...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Sniffing around a few YouTube chats and Discord groups for sealed and graded collectors, people are really feeling deflated.

Apparently the next great hope for these guys is that a bunch of "fresh blood" from comic and card collectors are going to flood into the scene once CGC comes on to the market with their grading, but honestly I'm calling that the purest of all hopium...

Why were all these guys trying to build a hobby on the back of secondhand interest from other collecting communities?! Isn't that just the dumbest way to go about building up a sustainable future for what is meant to be the next big collectable boom?

Looks like a lot of them have started to figure out that this whole thing was dumb, at least, expensive lesson, but lesson learned... I wonder how the dentist is getting on...

They're absolutely not trying to build a hobby, they're trying to get the next wave of money laden investors and suckers involved so that they can do more pumping and dumping.  While the value of something in one's collection is certainly nice, it's absolutely not the first priority or point of enjoyment for any true collector.  "New blood" to interact with can be nice, but anybody who's collected for a decent amount of time and put any thought into it will realize that the more collectors there are in a given collecting hobby, the more competition there's going to be, causing prices to go up, availability to go down, etc., all bad things for anyone whose primary interest in a collecting hobby is actually collecting.  If someone's primary motivation and actions within a collecting hobby is to flip stuff for as much as possible, as often as possible, they're really not part of that collecting community at all, regardless of what they profess.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

The thing that sticks in my mind is the guy or group that bought that dumb mario for a mil and half. Literally threw away at least a million dollars. 

The dude that sold it though made out like a straight up bandit though. 

image.png.d910d633975a466fbd700fa7457c4c22.png

1 out of 3 danks, but is he the master dank!?

7 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

👀👀 real ones know you are a chump that threw a mil in the trash 🫢🫢🫢 💩💦

Nice hype beast hat, bet that guy is insufferable lol

guarantee he has way more than 1.5 mil to be dropping cash like that considering he founded reddit

Edited by inasuma