IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

Graphics Team · Posted

Regarding the graded Ken Griffey Jr.'s Winning Run box:

I realize that's a display-box, but I mean … logically … why doesn’t everyone grade just the box? It’s the only thing you see anyway once it’s entombed. You get the same slabbed display piece, and you still have access to the game and the manual to … I dunno … use? It’s a win-win.

-CasualCart

• Agree 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2021 at 10:59 AM, tidaldreams said:

IDK, still seems kinda low to me. The last one was a 9.8 A++ for like 220k i think, so ~5x less for a 9.6 A++?

I was a buyer at <20k, too bad it didn't even come close to that 🤣

I have a 9.4 A+ being listed soon in that price range. Please let me know if you're still interested.

• Wow! 1

3 hours ago, AnimalHouse said:

Anyone notice Heritage accepting VGA graded games now? I was looking at upcoming games and noticed VGA, VGA, VGA. Example: VGA 95 Mint Super Mario Land Series Lot of 3, Search: VGA

Whats next: UKG, RGS, IGS, P1, VGG or LG??

I still don’t understand putting all three of those games together. They could all command four to five figures each. Might turn away some buyers knowing they need to lump one huge payment into it for all three.

As for the other grading outlets, I’m sure if cgc gets more adoption, we’ll see them enter in too. Honestly any of them are possible if buyers begin to ask for other authenticators. It seems like staff at HA have a their finger on the pulse of the market.

9 hours ago, AnimalHouse said:

Anyone notice Heritage accepting VGA graded games now? I was looking at upcoming games and noticed VGA, VGA, VGA. Example: VGA 95 Mint Super Mario Land Series Lot of 3, Search: VGA

Whats next: UKG, RGS, IGS, P1, VGG or LG??

An official HA rep announced this about a month ago on social media. I'm sure you'll see CGC enter the fray too.  The rest of those grading companies are not credible and I don't any legitimate auction house would sell them.

Speaking of IGS, saw a thread where someone posted an N64 game that is actually getting damaged in the IGS case because of the inner plastic spacers that have sharp edges.  You can see on both sides of the back of the game where it has cut into the seal and the seal is starting to peel on both sides at the inner plastic moldings.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, jonebone said:

Speaking of IGS, saw a thread where someone posted an N64 game that is actually getting damaged in the IGS case because of the inner plastic spacers that have sharp edges.  You can see on both sides of the back of the game where it has cut into the seal and the seal is starting to peel on both sides at the inner plastic moldings.

Ohh!!! Pics plz!!! I wanna take a look! 

Mad Man Images GIF by getflexseal

8 hours ago, jonebone said:

to be fair, mint game boy games are damaged in wata holders too. i sent in a game that got 9.8 and i can clearly see the holder has damaged the corners. 🤷‍♂️ Others have reported the same thing, both in and out of the holder. 😞 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, jonebone said:

The rest of those grading companies are not credible and I don't any legitimate auction house would sell them.

I agree with you on all the grading companies you mentioned except UKG. There is no basis to say that UKG is "not credible" and that "no legitimate auction house would sell" games graded by UKG.

UKG just happens to be a popular grading company on the European continent rather than in America; it has done nothing to be attacked or to be lumped in with the fly-by-night grading companies mentioned above.

Edited by Seth
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, inasuma said:

to be fair, mint game boy games are damaged in wata holders too. i sent in a game that got 9.8 and i can clearly see the holder has damaged the corners. 🤷‍♂️ Others have reported the same thing, both in and out of the holder. 😞 

I've cracked out a couple of Wata games from holders now and I haven't noticed any damages from taking them out of the case.  

15 hours ago, jonebone said:

An official HA rep announced this about a month ago on social media. I'm sure you'll see CGC enter the fray too.  The rest of those grading companies are not credible and I don't any legitimate auction house would sell them.

This is "new" news to me. I read CGC was coming out last year and then delayed into this year. Not sure why. Pandemic maybe? Its like there in hiatus mode or mulling to go live. 

Edited by AnimalHouse
grammar

8 hours ago, Seth said:

it has done nothing to be attacked or to be lumped in with the fly-by-night grading companies mentioned above

I didn't mean for it to be "attacked", etc. I was referencing all the other companies Heritage hasn't accepted yet. I didn't include CGC to the list because its under development. I agree UKG would be the US equivalent to VGA. So much so, when I first saw UKG on ebay. I thought it was VGA's EU branch.

I believe IGS is more into VHS than video games. On Heritage, I saw several VHS titles graded by VGA. It doesn't surprise me them wanting a slice of this niche market too. 

With the pandemic raging on and some supplies running short. It wouldn't surprise me a bunch of companies started grading brands of toilet paper lol.

8 hours ago, inasuma said:

to be fair, mint game boy games are damaged in wata holders too.

No grading company is perfect. *knock on wood* I haven't had this experience but I remember a while back finding human hair in several slabs. Not cool.

Edited by AnimalHouse

Man, that Metroid hangtab is probably the biggest high end "flop" I've ever seen. Maybe next to the first print Zelda that didn't outsell the second print Zelda just a couple months later or the VGA 95 SM64.

The earliest, second nicest, rarest copy of Metroid is barely better than a random ass nice copy of Tecmo Bowl. Brutal.

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

Man, that Metroid hangtab is probably the biggest high end "flop" I've ever seen. Maybe next to the first print Zelda that didn't outsell the second print Zelda just a couple months later or the VGA 95 SM64.

The earliest, second nicest, rarest copy of Metroid is barely better than a random ass nice copy of Tecmo Bowl. Brutal.

If we’re being totally honest, I don’t think Metroid is anything better than the mid range of the “high end.” It’s decently known but it isn’t Mario and Pokémon sadly.

edit: that was a joke. First print red in near mint went for 20k tonight. It’s as uninteresting as tonight’s signature lol

Edited by inasuma

1 hour ago, inasuma said:

If we’re being totally honest, I don’t think Metroid is anything better than the mid range of the “high end.” It’s decently known but it isn’t Mario and Pokémon sadly.

edit: that was a joke. First print red in near mint went for 20k tonight. It’s as uninteresting as tonight’s signature lol

You’re probably right. Metroid is just a niche specialty of hardcore hobbyists that’s really more of a mid 80s shelf filler in Nintendo’s lineup. The bona fide household name classics like Clu Clu Land and Urban Champion are the historically important pop culture artifacts worthy of the upper echelons!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1