IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

1 hour ago, Andy_Bogomil said:

Gotta sell 'em some time I guess.

My guess was that there's such a glut of them after things went nuts that they basically have no choice but to put multiples up at the same time, lest they incur the wrath of people who submitted them and had HA just sit on them forever as they got doled out slowly over months and months.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

actually i was making fun of the fact that it got a high grade with such defects as that. i have no idea it was damaged afterwards. either way just more confirmation they are jizzers laughing at their customers

Flawless when I bought it, flawless when I received the graded game back and flawless when I placed it into the hands of a Heritage Auctions representative. They were here at a local show and shipped it back to Dallas themselves. When I asked why it hadn't yet been in an auction from them receiving it in April, they then told me the cases got damaged and had to go to Wata for recasing.

I'll post more details once there's a result.

IMG_20211008_141922.jpg

• Wow! 3
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 2

17 hours ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

actually i was making fun of the fact that it got a high grade with such defects as that. i have no idea it was damaged afterwards. either way just more confirmation they are jizzers laughing at their customers

its just terrible no matter how you look at it what a joke

Are you effing serious? Based on your photo prior to submission, there's not only a nick like I noticed, but the whole bottom edge has been pushed in! But since the graded photo is gone, I can only go with the cropped photo I took.

Why was the sale cancelled? At least it was the same copy, since it has the same dark spot near the bottom-right of the shield. But they fucked up big time. The way the game looks after damage can't be 9.4, right?

And if it's 9.4 and you guys think it's OK, it means before damage it was higher. and since it's 9.4 in a perfect case, it means at that point it had been re-cased, right?

Not that I care since this whole business is a scam even when done properly, but this is just ridiculous. How the hell does the box get crushed like that after being graded in the case? Did they show you pics of the shattered case with the game inside?

Un fockin believable, stop giving these penis-munchers your money already.

• Agree 3

On 9/17/2022 at 12:52 PM, Code Monkey said:

Flawless when I bought it, flawless when I received the graded game back and flawless when I placed it into the hands of a Heritage Auctions representative. They were here at a local show and shipped it back to Dallas themselves. When I asked why it hadn't yet been in an auction from them receiving it in April, they then told me the cases got damaged and had to go to Wata for recasing.

I'll post more details once there's a result.

IMG_20211008_141922.jpg

so you gave the raw game to HA and had them sub it to wata? or you subbed it to wata yourself and it got damaged in encapsulation?

20 hours ago, tidaldreams said:

so you gave the raw game to HA and had them sub it to wata? or you subbed it to wata yourself and it got damaged in encapsulation?

I had it graded and received it back. I was then at a local gaming convention and just happened to see Heritage Auctions had a booth so I came back the next day with a dozen games, all graded. I gave them the box and when they shipped the games back to Dallas for listing, somehow they got damaged and had to then go back to Wata for a second time to get new cases.

11 hours ago, Gulag Joe said:

I know this is the Heritage thread, but I’m watching this month’s Goldin Auction. Thought this was a completed listing at first, but it still has a week left. I’m measuring the strength of the sealed games market on this auction.

70614DF4-8977-418E-B902-0A4BA2B62924.jpeg

Imagine bidding in a goldin auction lol

i just can’t.

Edited by inasuma

So what should it go for? 8000$? 55000? 750000?

After that crazy span when the mario went for over a mil and all the surrounding hype, are there still games moving for 500k plus regularly? Genuinely curious.
Wonder if you can track all recent auction sales across all the houses for graded games and filter by overall price. Project for someone who can build sites I guess. 

On 9/22/2022 at 2:41 AM, Gulag Joe said:

I think if it can reach $10k, that would be a good sign for the market. A 9.6 A+ sold for $9k a while back. This is an A++ so I feel it should be valued between 10-15k. Anything less than that would be a steal for this title over the long term considering the rarity of the grade.

the 9.6 A++ collectors sold for only like 14k a few months ago so anywhere around there would be a very good comp 🤣