IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

Administrator · Posted
Just now, Code Monkey said:

This blew my mind, right after Ocarina Of Time sold for $4000 less and it was the same grade. Who would want this over Ocarina Of Time?

Mario > Zelda

... I guess? 

But yes. Fully mind boggling lol. Maybe it's just that though - technical proximity to Mario 64.

8 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

This blew my mind, right after Ocarina Of Time sold for $4000 less and it was the same grade. Who would want this over Ocarina Of Time?

Well, there are over 200 copies of Ocarina on the pop report and only 13 Mario Tennis, and this is a top 3 condition. Makes sense to me.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Be careful friends, Every time wata drops a pop report, a sweaty basement dwelling investment bro gets friction burn on their bathing suit area from the non-stop kvetching.  

“but my investments!!!!!!”

Stay safe, my little virgin amigos. Sell that 9.6 A++ Anticipation for 49,000$ and buy some jergens. 

Im over here waiting for a new wolverine or punisher movie to off-load my slabs and retire. 

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, ExplodedHamster said:

Well, there are over 200 copies of Ocarina on the pop report and only 13 Mario Tennis, and this is a top 3 condition. Makes sense to me.

I'm a huge N64 collector and that Mario Tennis price makes no sense to me. I think I sold a raw one that was about 9.0 B to B+ for 799 a month ago? Think I had it at 899 for 30 days no bites then someone bit on the relist.

People should be aware of pops but shouldn't chase them. That was someone chasing.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 12:41 AM, jonebone said:

I'm a huge N64 collector and that Mario Tennis price makes no sense to me. I think I sold a raw one that was about 9.0 B to B+ for 799 a month ago? Think I had it at 899 for 30 days no bites then someone bit on the relist.

People should be aware of pops but shouldn't chase them. That was someone chasing.

I am definitely biased but those are low pop MARIO games we're talking about. I myself spent months looking for either Golf or Tennis in 9.0/A and higher and was offered pieces for as much as 5 figures. I was on IG, FB, here, SGH and god knows where but no traces of anything. The cheapest copy I was offered was a VGA 80 with 2 dented corners for 2700 USD in September 2021.

If Smash Bros 9.2 A+ sells for 26k, Goldeneye 9.2 A+ for 30k and Michael Jordan 9.2 A+ for 26k, then wouldn't a 9.2 A+ Tennis for 15k be proportionate to that? It certainly was not as famous as Mario 64, MK or some of the Mario Party games, but it still was pretty popular. Same with Golf.

• Agree 2

On 4/25/2022 at 7:41 PM, jonebone said:

hey the seal grade doesnt matter if wata never publishes them 🤣

2 hours ago, goonhoon said:

I am definitely biased but those are low pop MARIO games we're talking about. I myself spent months looking for either Golf or Tennis in 9.0/A and higher and was offered pieces for as much as 5 figures. I was on IG, FB, here, SGH and god knows where but no traces of anything. The cheapest copy I was offered was a VGA 80 with 2 dented corners for 2700 USD in September 2021.

If Smash Bros 9.2 A+ sells for 26k, Goldeneye 9.2 A+ for 30k and Michael Jordan 9.2 A+ for 26k, then wouldn't a 9.2 A+ Tennis for 15k be proportionate to that? It certainly was not as famous as Mario 64, MK or some of the Mario Party games, but it still was pretty popular. Same with Golf.

Well they were Saturday games for a reason though. Clearly not expected to pull that weight or they would have been Friday games. 

They are probably tougher to find than Mario 64 or Kart, but they sold way less and have a smaller following to balance out. Not million sellers and I don't see many putting them in top 5 (or even top 10) N64 games all time. But yes if it was a must own game for you then you have to pay to own I suppose.

Also everything off the main path is "low pop", either cause they arent out there or cause most people dont grade them. Compare it to a game that is actually rare and extremely sought after like Mario Party. That's the lowest pop Mario 64 game yet probably an easy number 3 in demand and not too far off from Mario Kart or Mario 64. HA hasn't sold a high grade copy because they aren't out there.

• Disagree 1

• 3 months later...

How did y'all do on the 6th generation and beyond auction? I felt a lot of the prices were pretty low, with a few exceptions (as always).

Here's my early Christmas:

1954411598_2022-08-1913_20_34-MyBidsMozillaFirefox.thumb.png.97a747b9755625ecc593353c5fd45cee.png

particularly pumped about that 95 spider-man. No idea why that went for nothing, plus it’s an excellent game. lol

Edited by inasuma
  • Wow! 1