IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

Tecmo Super Bowl was a far superior game but that only went for 13k. Granted, there are about 15 more of those slabbed than the circle seal TB. But these prospectors want the “rookie card” games. It’ll be interesting to see what the Ken Griffey jr baseball sells for in August since there’s only 12 of those that have been slabbed. And I won’t be surprised to see NFL Gameday 2003 (Tom Brady) command 5 figures eventually. Back in the day you couldn’t give that game away for free. I’ve been seeing the PS1 version of that game climb near a grand ungraded. Wait til the prospectors find out the PS2 version came out a day earlier than the PS1 version- making the PS2 release a true “rookie card” game to have!

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

You’re probably right. Metroid is just a niche specialty of hardcore hobbyists that’s really more of a mid 80s shelf filler in Nintendo’s lineup. The bona fide household name classics like Clu Clu Land and Urban Champion are the historically important pop culture artifacts worthy of the upper echelons!

I can’t remember the last time I went out without someone talking about how cool urban champion is.

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, mlbfan10 said:

Good luck if you're bidding today! 

I didn’t get any of the games I wanted. Silver went just a bit too high, then sbk2 shot up from 900 to 7k. Oh well. Very entertaining auction block nonetheless!

1 hour ago, mlbfan10 said:

Wow!

image.png.ad5887ac70b4a0861cc056b99e9d60ab.png

This is melting my brain haha

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ExplodedHamster said:

I am not 100% positive, but believe so. 

It makes sense, I would assume he's like a hundred millionaire at least.

It also makes sense that the purchaser of the biggest financial belly flop in video game history has an NFT ape profile picture... Apparently this guy is addicted to poor purchasing decisions, lol! 🤣

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, OptOut said:

It makes sense, I would assume he's like a hundred millionaire at least.

It also makes sense that the purchaser of the biggest financial belly flop in video game history has an NFT ape profile picture... Apparently this guy is addicted to poor purchasing decisions, lol! 🤣

He’s a founder of Reddit and married to Serena Williams lol.

The irony of him being a founder of Reddit is really off the charts.

Edited by ExplodedHamster

17 minutes ago, ExplodedHamster said:

He’s a founder of Reddit and married to Serena Williams lol.

The irony of him being a founder of Reddit is really off the charts.

Damn, I guess he's really just spending his pocket money then! I think we know who actually wears the pants in that relationship, Serena Williams looks fierce AF! 😲

Coincidentally, my wife is ALSO named Serena, and she is ALSO fierce as fuck, lol! 😅

Edited by OptOut
  • Haha 1