IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

45 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

What exactly is “the Hawaii collection”? Outside of a sealed game from Hawaii. Who is the owner, and why should I care?

Also, does wata charge extra for “collection” designation?

I think the Hawaii collection was a huge sealed game find from back in the day from a former rental shop? It was before my time and I could certainly be wrong, just seems to ring a bell. 

Moderator · Posted
2 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

What exactly is “the Hawaii collection”? Outside of a sealed game from Hawaii. Who is the owner, and why should I care?

Also, does wata charge extra for “collection” designation?

https://blog.watagames.com/2020/09/29/the-hawaii-collection-the-singer-collection/

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Based on my expert market gauge (sales of the OG), it appears the sealed market is trending upward. A 9.6 A++ sold for $4k in January of this year, which was surprising to me as I thought it was way too low. Tonight’s auction is two seal grades lower (9.6 A) but sold for just over $5k.

590BA26B-33BA-4ACA-A354-E74C9442B08A.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Gulag Joe said:

Based on my expert market gauge (sales of the OG), it appears the sealed market is trending upward. A 9.6 A++ sold for $4k in January of this year, which was surprising to me as I thought it was way too low. Tonight’s auction is two seal grades lower (9.6 A) but sold for just over $5k.

590BA26B-33BA-4ACA-A354-E74C9442B08A.jpeg

I missed the A++ one. That was Genesis? That's insane for a Genesis seal... unless,  were they using their Genesis curve for grading that particular seal?

I wouldn't read too much into any individual data point.  Things go low and high all the time.  I bought a under the radar game for about $250 on a weekly, cracked it out and sold it for $1300 in hours on ebay.  Savvy buyers will know which ones went high and which ones went low.

As for that MK, you don't want a 9.6 A anywhere near $5k.  Overpaid and seller is happy with that sale I'm sure. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, 3rdStrongestMole said:

I missed the A++ one. That was Genesis? That's insane for a Genesis seal... unless,  were they using their Genesis curve for grading that particular seal?

Yes Genesis- blood code > snes “sweat”. I’m not sure what the Genesis seal curve grade is other than maybe they’re more lenient on the early tube seal releases? MK was not a tube seal though if that’s the case.

C296AEEE-79FB-4654-B567-EC2E17F52302.jpeg

Edited by Gulag Joe

1 hour ago, Gulag Joe said:

Yes Genesis- blood code > snes “sweat”. I’m not sure what the Genesis seal curve grade is other than maybe they’re more lenient on the early tube seal releases? MK was not a tube seal though if that’s the case.

C296AEEE-79FB-4654-B567-EC2E17F52302.jpeg

I've just seen a lot of Genesis seals get a little more love for the grade from WATA. But I didn't even think about the seal differences... they probably were the tube sealed ones I've seen in the past.

9 minutes ago, 3rdStrongestMole said:

I've just seen a lot of Genesis seals get a little more love for the grade from WATA. But I didn't even think about the seal differences... they probably were the tube sealed ones I've seen in the past.

The scale has changed a bit over time.  There's plenty of A++ out there that would be A+ if graded today, they did get a bit tighter.  On CIB they went the other way though.  Probably about a .2 higher on a lot of stuff now.

1 minute ago, jonebone said:

The scale has changed a bit over time.  There's plenty of A++ out there that would be A+ if graded today, they did get a bit tighter.  On CIB they went the other way though.  Probably about a .2 higher on a lot of stuff now.

Yeah. It didn't take me more than a minute to find an example 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384996374908?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=LqTYa6-1QOm&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=VQ47At4ySIG&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Agree 1