IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

5 hours ago, Gulag Joe said:

That Halo drop is wild. This is happening in sports card sales too, save for some of the most popular of cards. But Halo is a popular title, though I value the sealed not for resale version more than the retail release.

Except that it's not, because Halo was one of the most produced titles for the Xbox, even at launch.  Sure, sealed copies are much rarer than open ones, but given the millions of these things that got produced, they are not rare by any stretch, and thus not worth the wild, crazy price boosts that everybody saw on them a relatively short while ago.  The short truth is people stopped drinking the Kool-Aid and started coming back to their senses, causing the bottom to fall out of the massive pump-and-dump arena that existed across multiple collectibles spheres for the past 2-3 years or so.

2 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

I’m just happy that some members here have the humility to admit that they over paid for games they can’t even play 😂😂😂

Oh, they can play them, they would just eliminate all hope of ever getting back even a sliver of what they overpaid for the title in order to do so.  I guess those that get left in their plastic tombs can be permanent idols to hubris and greed?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

Except that it's not, because Halo was one of the most produced titles for the Xbox, even at launch.  Sure, sealed copies are much rarer than open ones, but given the millions of these things that got produced, they are not rare by any stretch, and thus not worth the wild, crazy price boosts that everybody saw on them a relatively short while ago.  The short truth is people stopped drinking the Kool-Aid and started coming back to their senses, causing the bottom to fall out of the massive pump-and-dump arena that existed across multiple collectibles spheres for the past 2-3 years or so.

Oh, they can play them, they would just eliminate all hope of ever getting back even a sliver of what they overpaid for the title in order to do so.  I guess those that get left in their plastic tombs can be permanent idols to hubris and greed?

Disagree. Collectibles investments are simply not feasible in the current economic environment. This is why you see it across the board. Tom Brady rookie cards selling for a hundred thousand dollars less these days compared to 2020-2021 when everyone received free money and the interest rates were nothing.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

Thought about that after I posted it lol actually still playable but worth even less after play!

Im not against grading in general, and do think pristine copies of games (especially rare) should drive a premium. 

But once the investor bros and con artists got a hold of the market, fools and their money were soon parted. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Gulag Joe said:

That Halo drop is wild. This is happening in sports card sales too, save for some of the most popular of cards. But Halo is a popular title, though I value the sealed not for resale version more than the retail release.

it'll drop more then i can finally pick up one or many 🤣 ive bought and sold a few of the other prints already 😎

the NFR version is sus tho id dump that one quick and long the normal one

Edited by tidaldreams

On 12/8/2022 at 5:17 PM, MrWunderful said:

I’m just happy that some members here have the humility to admit that they over paid for games they can’t even play 😂😂😂

I feel sorta lucky that I didn’t pay as much as some. I dont think Ive ever paid more than four figures for a game and I intend to keep it that way. Even less now that it’s a buyers market 🤣

There has been alot of marketing manipulation over the past few years, free money handed out from the government, and now that money is gone.  Fact is, none of the pricing over the past few years was "realistic" outside of maybe the high-grade first prints.  Market is correcting itself and many "investors" have lost money.  

Same thing happened with the crypto coin manipulation from a couple of years ago ala Dogecoin and Alt Coins. ALOT of newbies bought in and got screwed.

We will likely see another cycle of this in the new year with CGC already spamming popular groups with their "first graded" games hitting Heritage.

Edited by Frost271

2 hours ago, Frost271 said:

We will likely see another cycle of this in the new year with CGC already spamming popular groups with their "first graded" games hitting Heritage.

I really doubt it. Forecasts are showing deeper recession in 2023 and even 2024. If anything, CGC entirely missed the boat. They didn't even make the tail end of the boom. They just... missed it.

At this point they will be in the same boat as all the other alternative asset classes when next the govt and fed start pumpin money with low interests rates.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, guitarzombie said:

I feel like this thread is the same 5 people showing off the stuff they got to each other.

I sell it to you for 20$.

You sell it to me for 40$.

I sell back to you for 80$.

You sell it back to me for 160$

we both sell it to a guy for 200$. We both make 100$ profit!

😂😂😂😂

I’m just noticing this. I suppose this is just the nature of auctions. But if B+ seals “devalue” a game like in this example, then give me all the B+ seals! Looking through the past sales of the game, they’re all over the place and don’t make any sense but again I suppose it’s all in who’s participating in that auction and how bad they want it.

2436B526-6321-433D-B553-94F432BE2F3A.jpeg

Edited by Gulag Joe

3 hours ago, Gulag Joe said:

I’m just noticing this. I suppose this is just the nature of auctions. But if B+ seals “devalue” a game like in this example, then give me all the B+ seals! Looking through the past sales of the game, they’re all over the place and don’t make any sense but again I suppose it’s all in who’s participating in that auction and how bad they want it.

2436B526-6321-433D-B553-94F432BE2F3A.jpeg

Looking at the photos, it could be the difference between the game being inserted in its tomb the "correct" way versus the "incorrect" way, seeing as the two are at totally different orientations inside the packaging, lol.

• Haha 1