IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

1 minute ago, dr_orangejuicer said:

I do too. My take is that we'll see a very long period of consolidation - likely years - and most of the titles people have been paying up for will never see those prices again. Titles with real cachet - e.g. sealed NES black labels - will hold up best.

The slow, steady price appreciation that existed up until 2020 was nice, but I don't think we'll be returning to that paradigm anytime soon. 

EDIT: lol, I'm an idiot. I meant to agree with Inasuma re: doubt that prices will recover next year. After posting, mistakenly posting again when I meant to edit, and then finally editing, I've ended up with this train wreck of a post. 

Edited by dr_orangejuicer
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Gulag Joe said:

I’m just noticing this. I suppose this is just the nature of auctions. But if B+ seals “devalue” a game like in this example, then give me all the B+ seals! Looking through the past sales of the game, they’re all over the place and don’t make any sense but again I suppose it’s all in who’s participating in that auction and how bad they want it.

2436B526-6321-433D-B553-94F432BE2F3A.jpeg

the one for $7800 is a very rare wata insertion error, duh

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, OptOut said:

Who the hell is consigning bog standard ebay fodder game lots to Heritage? What is going on?! 🤪

People who got suckered by the hype who just want something out of the mess they got themselves into.  They didn't understand what was going on getting in, and clearly still don't understand what's going on with that market getting out.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Its weird how some games are actually cheaper on heritage

The final proof, if such proof were needed, of what I was saying ALL ALONG. Sealed/graded is a different hobby!

Other than our friends here, the rest of the guys buying games off heritage have no interest in the games they're buying other than the values and the grades. A bunch of awesome CIB's at great prices don't interest them, because they just don't care about games.

Now that I come to think about it, this may be a masterstroke of marketing on HA's part... Start auctioning a bunch of cool ungraded CIB lots at firesale prices to start hooking in ACTUAL game collectors!

Get them bidding on cheap lots as a gateway drug to try and get em hooked into the harder sealed stuff! 😲🤤

Its A Trap GIF

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, OptOut said:

The final proof, if such proof were needed, of what I was saying ALL ALONG. Sealed/graded is a different hobby!

Other than our friends here, the rest of the guys buying games off heritage have no interest in the games they're buying other than the values and the grades. A bunch of awesome CIB's at great prices don't interest them, because they just don't care about games.

Now that I come to think about it, this may be a masterstroke of marketing on HA's part... Start auctioning a bunch of cool ungraded CIB lots at firesale prices to start hooking in ACTUAL game collectors!

Get them bidding on cheap lots as a gateway drug to try and get em hooked into the harder sealed stuff! 😲🤤

Its A Trap GIF

yeah these cib lots are way too good...

image.png.683788a0117975f7e9235547f879fa3f.png

the incantation looks kinda f'ed but isnt that like $600+ on its own ???

image.png.1ed582564dc8457143eb289fa188b988.png

someones childhood binder for 115 bux

• Like 2

5 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

Let me preface this by saying that it is not my intent to stir the pot.

I ran across this earlier today and had quite the chuckle, then was immediately reminded of everything discussed in the heyday of this thread.

$80,400 and counting. VHS sales record has been broken and the auction still has 2 days left. Don’t worry, there are still pallets of this VHS that still exist that people are sitting on.

3 hours ago, Gulag Joe said:

$80,400 and counting. VHS sales record has been broken and the auction still has 2 days left. Don’t worry, there are still pallets of this VHS that still exist that people are sitting on.

I’m curious to know if you’re making an assumption that there must be low numbers for a crazy high price to exist? Are you ever sceptical about the end prices of some of the auctions? 

While I’ll admit I don’t know a thing about VHS prices, but nearly 5-figures for a bid just seems a crazy price that doesn’t seem organic whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, GPX said:

I’m curious to know if you’re making an assumption that there must be low numbers for a crazy high price to exist? Are you ever sceptical about the end prices of some of the auctions? 

While I’ll admit I don’t know a thing about VHS prices, but nearly 5-figures for a bid just seems a crazy price that doesn’t seem organic whatsoever. 

It's not organic, the video is being auctioned by some well-known YouTubers and all the proceeds are going to charity!

I hope the bids here are legit, that's a lot of money going to some good causes! 😄

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GPX said:

The pallets of this VHS are in the same room as the pallets of 9.8 A++ Super Mario 64.