IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Alpha Mission!

BeaIank

@BeaIank   Okay, I have a question:  the rules state "Once you reach SYD x 1 lives" your run is over and you take a picture.  My issue is that this can happen multiple times.  Is your intention that we only get exactly two lives to get our score, or can we get multiple free men, fall down to x1 and gamble and keep playing, get more free men, and then take a pic at the start of our last x1 life?  For example, Gloves had over 200k, meaning he (I'm assuming) used four lives to get that score before he hit x1 Life, rather than two...

Administrator · Posted
6 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

@BeaIank   Okay, I have a question:  the rules state "Once you reach SYD x 1 lives" your run is over and you take a picture.  My issue is that this can happen multiple times.  Is your intention that we only get exactly two lives to get our score, or can we get multiple free men, fall down to x1 and gamble and keep playing, get more free men, and then take a pic at the start of our last x1 life?  For example, Gloves had over 200k, meaning he (I'm assuming) used four lives to get that score before he hit x1 Life, rather than two...

According to the rules it can only happen once, you're overthinking it. 

The MOMENT your lives reaches 1, you're done. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gloves said:

According to the rules it can only happen once, you're overthinking it. 

The MOMENT your lives reaches 1, you're done. 

So you're saying you can get all the free men you want if you're at x2 or more, but if you are at x1 and get multiple free men, you cannot play them?  That would be a weird interpretation because it makes the order you get free lives and deaths matter, when it shouldn't, and it would defy what I'm assuming is the intention of the rule, which is simply to circumvent the fact that the game never shows your score ever again in any capacity once you go game over...

Edited by Dr. Morbis

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

So you're saying you can get all the free men you want if you're at x2 or more, but if you are at x1 and get multiple free men, you cannot play them?  That would be a weird interpretation because it makes the order you get free lives and deaths matter, when it shouldn't, and it would defy what I'm assuming is the intention of the rule, which is simply to circumvent the fact that the game never shows your score ever again in any capacity once you go game over...

You can't possibly get free men at 1x, cuz once you hit 1x, your run ends. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Gloves said:

You can't possibly get free men at 1x, cuz once you hit 1x, your run ends. 

Well I'll wait and see what Bea says so at least I'll know we're all on the same page moving forward.  By the literal interpretation of the rule, you are correct; it seems to me though that she meant "take a picture at the start of your last man of your game," since it doesn't show your score ever again after game over, not because she wants sub-100k scores to have exactly a 2 man game, but people over 100k to have a 3 man game, but only if the free man came before two deaths, not after.  It just seems really arbitrary.

Anyway, I just want to make sure I know exactly how this is going to be on day 1, so we can avoid any confusion down the road... 🙂

Edited by Dr. Morbis

Edit: Reread the rules and revised with an earlier score. I’m not sure what it means to “point press” the final boss is but I think I unintentionally did it, because it took forever and I racked up a ton of points, so this is the run just before that one.

2C5522AE-46D2-47FC-A624-DD47F56D1080.jpeg.876f9a23305a46394be251d1183d428c.jpeg

Edited by dvertov

Events Team · Posted
6 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

You can't get to SYD X 1 more than once because once you reach your last life, your run is DONE!
The runes are really clear about this:

• Once you reach SYD x 1 lives, pause the game at the start of the stage and take your picture
  • You are not allowed to play your last life. You must pause the game, take your picture and end your run.

So, if you get extra lives before you reach your last life, you can burn them at your leisure, earn more of them and keep burning... as long as you don't reach your last life.
Once you get to SYD x 1, YOU ARE DONE!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Have you been playing Lethal Enforcers again? 

My son pretends he is Luke Skywalker and that is his "blaster." He plays its with it so much, we bought him an actual star wars blaster toy. He still prefers the light gun most of the time. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1