VGS NES Weekly Contest - Alpha Mission!

BeaIank

Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

😂

She got tired of people complaining about high participation scores. 😂

Like me with Tetris 😉  

2 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

@Gloves and @the_wizard_666 Bea wants everyone to only make one score post and then edit it when you get a new score so that she doesn't have to wade through 500 posts looking for people's top scores...

...and holy shit Gloves, you're already a ringer at this O_o

Ever seen badger don't care?  @Gloves don't care!

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

@Gloves and @the_wizard_666 Bea wants everyone to only make one score post and then edit it when you get a new score so that she doesn't have to wade through 500 posts looking for people's top scores...

Yeah I'm really just sharing my crap scores early game to show people they need to step up. 

When I make my actual score post I'll @ Bea and actually write the score out. 

Administrator · Posted

@BeaIank fyi its possible to point press infinitely on the 6th or so boss. I'm going to assume it's against the rules to do so, but it's not explicit right now so will you add that to the rules? The boss with the orange background consisting of 4 ground level bases is infinitely farm able if you just don't use bombs. 

Events Team · Posted
Just now, Gloves said:

@BeaIank fyi its possible to point press infinitely on the 6th or so boss. I'm going to assume it's against the rules to do so, but it's not explicit right now so will you add that to the rules? The boss with the orange background consisting of 4 ground level bases is infinitely farm able if you just don't use bombs. 

Will do.

10 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Yeah, I noticed that too, if you just shoot the blue projectile with your lasers and never shoot the pyramid with your missiles, you can score points all day long, but it takes forever.  Anyway, I've beaten your score Gloves, and considering that score was the culmination of 30 straight years of practice at your end, I'm just going to go ahead and consider this a job well done!  😜

Administrator · Posted
7 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Yeah, I noticed that too, if you just shoot the blue projectile with your lasers and never shoot the pyramid with your missiles, you can score points all day long, but it takes forever.  Anyway, I've beaten your score Gloves, and considering that score was the culmination of 30 straight years of practice at your end, I'm just going to go ahead and consider this a job well done!  😜

I've never played this game prior to today (that I can recall), and I've put about an hour in. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Well shit, I missed that part 😛 At least I only got three...I'll just edit the first one from here on out (and leave the rest for posterity's sake 😛 )

7 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

That offer is for someone who I know I am better at with 99% of games.  I ain't stupid 😉

This is entirely fair.  I also don't dedicate ALL my free time to playing games, as I have other hobbies and interests as well.  But there's a few there that may end up getting me a free lunch or two 😛

Just now, NESfiend said:

Ive never played this game and keep hitting the damn Rs. I guess you have to memorize where they are at on each level. Ill get a participation score in tonight. I dont see a world where I really compete in this game, but who knows

It's definitely not your typical shooter where you just go in guns a'blazing and figure you'll dodge all projectiles till you see the credits screen.  You have to avoid like 50% of the power ups you see and you have to manage your E-meter so that you have enough for each boss encounter, on top of knowing which weapon you need to use on different bosses, and this is on top of all the other standard shmup stuff like not getting killed every two seconds.  It is for sure an interesting game, but not for the "please hold my hand so I can see the whole game" kind of gamer...

Just now, Richardhead said:

Giving up already?

For a bit.  My thumbs aren't built for shooters, and we're not allowed to use turbo, so I gotta rest.  This is why I say I suck at them - I have a hard time actually playing long enough to get good.  Stupid arthritis 😛  Also, I can't give up on something I never thought I'd win 😉

• Wow! 1

Just now, the_wizard_666 said:

For a bit.  My thumbs aren't built for shooters, and we're not allowed to use turbo, so I gotta rest.  This is why I say I suck at them - I have a hard time actually playing long enough to get good.  Stupid arthritis 😛  Also, I can't give up on something I never thought I'd win 😉

Just hold down B. I was tapping like crazy first few games. Holding down shoot works fine here. 

• Eyeroll 1