IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Alpha Mission!

BeaIank

32 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

My son pretends he is Luke Skywalker and that is his "blaster." He plays its with it so much, we bought him an actual star wars blaster toy. He still prefers the light gun most of the time. 

Well, you should play Lethal Enforcers. The second one was fun too. I haven't played them in 20+ years, but I'm sure they still hold up if you like light gun games.

Social Team · Posted
3 hours ago, BeaIank said:

Glad someone noticed! I was feeling like I was among a bunch of Gen Zers here!

I had to go back and re-read it.  It's obvious now....I was thinking at the time "WTF is this cryptic rule?"

Ogw0JdjGduGe.gif

I feel like I'm going to get crushed this week.  I got a feeling that my first run at the level one boss will go along these lines...

Spoiler

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jeevan said:

Legit question, sometimes i can use my weapons, sometimes i can't.....why is that?

You energy (e) level has to be 8 or higher to use the weapons. Once it gets down below 8, it will force you back to standard. 

@Bearcat-Doug, I really like the arcade lethal enforcers so I bought both light guns to play it on SNES. Havent tried it in a while, but the speed and hit detection on lethal enforcers 1 on snes seemed totall broken when I fired it up. Were you playing via console? Maybe the genesis version works better? I guess I need to find lethal enforcers 2. Maybe it got better. Id love to have that experience at home, but I wasnt getting it with lf 1

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, NESfiend said:

You energy (e) level has to be 8 or higher to use the weapons. Once it gets down below 8, it will force you back to standard. 

@Bearcat-Doug, I really like the arcade lethal enforcers so I bought both light guns to play it on SNES. Havent tried it in a while, but the speed and hit detection on lethal enforcers 1 on snes seemed totall broken when I fired it up. Were you playing via console? Maybe the genesis version works better? I guess I need to find lethal enforcers 2. Maybe it got better. Id love to have that experience at home, but I wasnt getting it with lf 1

but, but, it was 24!?  I want to use fire, it wont go to fire...........horrible game, horrible, horrible game 😆

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

If i pick up multiple does it negate one?

Im no expert as my rather modest and unlikely to be improved much score shows, but no. The more you collect, the more will be on the menu screen. 

There are some letters you can step on that take away all your upgrades. Im not sure if those strip you of your special weapons also, but I dont think so

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

I had the Genesis versions and they played fine. I haven't played the SNES version with the gun so I'm not sure how it compares.

4 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I had the Genesis versions and they played fine. I haven't played the SNES version with the gun so I'm not sure how it compares.

Makes sense one would work better than the other between snes and genesis. It was suspect at best that both would use the same hardware. 

15 hours ago, BeaIank said:

You can't get to SYD X 1 more than once because once you reach your last life, your run is DONE!
The runes are really clear about this:

• Once you reach SYD x 1 lives, pause the game at the start of the stage and take your picture
  • You are not allowed to play your last life. You must pause the game, take your picture and end your run.

So, if you get extra lives before you reach your last life, you can burn them at your leisure, earn more of them and keep burning... as long as you don't reach your last life.
Once you get to SYD x 1, YOU ARE DONE!

Ah, so it's not the last life of your game, it's the first time you reach "SYD x1."  Got it.  Seems odd to me, but so be it.  I've got six days now to see if I can beat this frustrating game...

Events Helper · Posted
11 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Ah, so it's not the last life of your game, it's the first time you reach "SYD x1."  Got it.  Seems odd to me, but so be it.  I've got six days now to see if I can beat this frustrating game...

I think its because there is literally like half a second to take a pic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeevan said:

I think its because there is literally like half a second to take a pic.

Yeppers. @Dr. Morbis, a lot of contests have play til you reach one life and then its over when the game over screen doesnt contain your score. It really is just to make it an even playing ground where no one is pulling their hair out because they cant get a photo in time. 

Social Team · Posted
On 4/27/2021 at 10:21 AM, BeaIank said:

I am sparing all the kindness I have now to make you all feel cozy and joyful. Battletoads is coming. 🙂

I'm never going to get first place again....

Face Palm No GIF

High Score: 16,300 23,790 33,960

ACtC-3dh5_vT7A1lNOM1RFjnxhWy3m7CBp7ATgjH

Spoiler

ACtC-3fSraRRqTKVNq7QD0aTuU7URBW9vbUJtgK1

Spoiler

ACtC-3e_EMNGSlZeV4YbHNu7gQYwI_7l-duLcWM1

....I failed the participation score my first time playing

Edited by FireHazard51
score update again
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1