IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Alpha Mission!

BeaIank

Administrator · Posted
25 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Arthritis is a bitch when it comes to shooters.  As is carpal tunnel.  As is homework 😛

The hell are you talking about man? I honestly find that I do far better at games in general if I toss on Daft Punk's hit album, Homework.

• Like 2

Just now, Gloves said:

The hell are you talking about man? I honestly find that I do far better at games in general if I toss on Daft Punk's hit album, Homework.

I didn't know they had an album called Homework 😛 Of course, I generally don't listen to Daft Punk, so that's probably why. 

But naw, I'm taking a game design course, and there is a LOT of work.  Currently have three classes using Maya 2020 (rigging, environmental modelling, and lighting & texture), and one using Unreal 4 (level design).  So much tech, so little time, and a brain that's suffered far too many concussions 😛

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, the_wizard_666 said:

I didn't know they had an album called Homework 😛 Of course, I generally don't listen to Daft Punk, so that's probably why. 

But naw, I'm taking a game design course, and there is a LOT of work.  Currently have three classes using Maya 2020 (rigging, environmental modelling, and lighting & texture), and one using Unreal 4 (level design).  So much tech, so little time, and a brain that's suffered far too many concussions 😛

Toss on Homework while you do your homework. Ez game.

1 minute ago, Gloves said:

Toss on Homework while you do your homework. Ez game.

That would require me actually liking their music.  I'm not a fan.  More of a metalhead than anything else. 

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure I have some kind of brain damage from all the concussions.  I mean, I went to get my niece's cake out of the freezer this evening, and I stood there by the freezer for two minutes because I forgot what I was doing there.

Administrator · Posted
4 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

That would require me actually liking their music.  I'm not a fan.  More of a metalhead than anything else. 

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure I have some kind of brain damage from all the concussions.  I mean, I went to get my niece's cake out of the freezer this evening, and I stood there by the freezer for two minutes because I forgot what I was doing there.

You might just have ADHD like me. xD

5 minutes ago, Gloves said:

You might just have ADHD like me. xD

Nope, bipolar disorder.  I was misdiagnosed with ADHD when I was 13.  Still have tremors in my hands from the Ritalin they prescribed me that was absolutely unnecessary.  I've also had a half dozen known concussions, and many, many shots to the head that probably resulted in one.  I do notice a few little things that never affected me, so if not brain damage directly, there's probably some cognitive degeneration resulting from having my bell rung so often.

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Nope, bipolar disorder.  I was misdiagnosed with ADHD when I was 13.  Still have tremors in my hands from the Ritalin they prescribed me that was absolutely unnecessary.  I've also had a half dozen known concussions, and many, many shots to the head that probably resulted in one.  I do notice a few little things that never affected me, so if not brain damage directly, there's probably some cognitive degeneration resulting from having my bell rung so often.

I feel for ya man. I was diagnosed young as well, so lord knows if that's actually it. Been meaning to get re-checked as an adult.

Just now, Gloves said:

I feel for ya man. I was diagnosed young as well, so lord knows if that's actually it. Been meaning to get re-checked as an adult.

Definitely do it.  I'm not sure how old you are, but back in the mid 90s, ADHD was the new thing that everyone was getting tagged with, and Ritalin was the new wonder drug that they gave to kids like Tic-Tacs.  If you have any questions about whether or not the diagnosis fits, talk to your doctor.  I didn't get my diagnosis until my mid 20s, and didn't bother getting treatment until around 4 or 5 years ago, and that treatment may have saved my life...if not immediately, than at some point in the future.  The average life expectancy of someone with bipolar disorder is around 50 years due to the high rate of suicides.  I'm definitely hoping to buck that trend, but there's been a few times where I wasn't sure I would or not.

Well shit, that got dark... 😛

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Definitely do it.  I'm not sure how old you are, but back in the mid 90s, ADHD was the new thing that everyone was getting tagged with, and Ritalin was the new wonder drug that they gave to kids like Tic-Tacs.  If you have any questions about whether or not the diagnosis fits, talk to your doctor.  I didn't get my diagnosis until my mid 20s, and didn't bother getting treatment until around 4 or 5 years ago, and that treatment may have saved my life...if not immediately, than at some point in the future.  The average life expectancy of someone with bipolar disorder is around 50 years due to the high rate of suicides.  I'm definitely hoping to buck that trend, but there's been a few times where I wasn't sure I would or not.

Well shit, that got dark... 😛

Lol.

Yeah once the panini is behind us I plan to get it done. I've gone this long I can wait a few months to a year to get into the doctor's office. I'm 32, and I was definitely diagnosed during that time when it was "in" to do that. 

7 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Lol.

Yeah once the panini is behind us I plan to get it done. I've gone this long I can wait a few months to a year to get into the doctor's office. I'm 32, and I was definitely diagnosed during that time when it was "in" to do that. 

I'm 38, so yeah, you fit the time frame.  Also, it took me a second to realize you were talking about Covid and not a sandwich, so again, brain damage 😛

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

I'm 38, so yeah, you fit the time frame.  Also, it took me a second to realize you were talking about Covid and not a sandwich, so again, brain damage 😛

I ain't givin' it the respect of calling it by its name anymore. It's a random "p" word from here on.

• Like 1

lol im gunning for the podium.

ti-83... does anybody else love that thinsguy cones in and says "second try" rotfl what a clown. i do love it tho.

wampson. you know he will show up for this one.

morphius seeeeeeems like he tries real hard and plays preeeeeety gooood.

the grinder baby. i forgot more of this game than most know.....C'MON skinny!!!! lets go m'fkrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! rotflllll🤣💪🏻🤣💪🏻