IGNORED

General Game Night Discussion Thread

Jeevan

Events Helper · Posted

Another successful night in the books!!!!!

Thanks for coming everyone and enjoying a little gameplay, it was a blast!

The following were there:

@darkchylde28:  UM.......ya, not gonna mention what was said lol

@drxandy:  Hey there sailor...... 😏

@Gloves:  He remembered this time guys!!!!

@Rhapsody98:  Tell DC to um, not talk about that in the middle of the round 🤣

@ZeldaFan042:  Becoming a regular here guys!!!!  Glad to see you again.  Next time don't be so quiet 🙂  

@ZeldaFreak:  Next time, VOTE: ZELDAFREAK!!!!!  Even if we aren't in a game we vote you 😛 

@FireHazard51:  Welcome newcomer.....next time don't sit and stare at me and @Rhapsody98 and I won't fight so hard for you to get voted out!  Also, next time I will try not to get killed if we are a team 😛  Hopefully no dogs were harmed in the playing of games 🤣

@Mega Tank:  Go start an ant colony somewhere's 

@spacepup:  Gottim'  although I am sure you got me back too on the fps 😛  A little hard for me to follow those games, seems like you did better in a group tho.  lol  Also, get louder and maybe you will be spared by @neodolphino next time 😏

@neodolphino:  Which voice channel?  Oh that's right, the only voice channel in discord 😒  🤣  Always a pleasure.  Also, thanks for the second most amazing play for me as an impostor.....We sure did get spacepup out when he killed in front of me eh?

@Vectrex28:  RNG really liked you now didn't it?  Also, glad you could come around, even if you are quarantined 😛 

Hopefully That is everyone!!!!!!  If I did miss you for some reason, please, please, please let me know!!!!  Hope you all enjoyed it!  Always a pleasure and a blast playing with you all!!!!

Looking forward to the next game night!  I will make a poll sometime very soon, so keep an eye out for it to vote for what we will be playing!  

• Like 5

Social Team · Posted

@Jeevan you've opened Pandora's box.  I've played 16 hours of Spector's Edge since Friday....

Spoiler

tenor.gif

I haven't played a FPS in years and now I see why I forced my self to stop playing them and switch to other game types.  It's like fucking crack man.  I REALLY like the digging/building aspect.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
11 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

@Jeevan you've opened Pandora's box.  I've played 16 hours of Spector's Edge since Friday....

Hide contents

tenor.gif

I haven't played a FPS in years and now I see why I forced my self to stop playing them and switch to other game types.  It's like fucking crack man.  I REALLY like the digging/building aspect.

ISN'T IT GREAT! *eyes red from lack of sleep*

• Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
3 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

Hide contents

tenor.gif

3 hours ago, Gloves said:

ISN'T IT GREAT! *eyes red from lack of sleep*

that was gloves reccomendation 😉

• Haha 1

I put forward that we should place 7 Days to Die on the list sometime in the near future.

For those not familiar, it's a bit of a mix of genres.  The basic setting is that you wake up, essentially naked and alone in a post-apocalyptic zombie filled wasteland.  It's completely open world (up to the limits of the dimensions of the generated map) where your mission is to survive and, hopefully, eventually, thrive.  You collect various resources (materials, food & drink, weapons & armor) and can either use the things that you've found or craft your own.  Clear, use, and upgrade existing structures or create your own in order to have bases of operations.  The atmosphere has a lot of the tension and danger of the Resident Evil series, but not necessarily with the constant lack of ammo, armor, and supplies.  There's also an element of Minecraft and similar games in the gathering of resources, building and crafting, but I tend to think of it as being able to take control of your own destiny versus being at the whim of the environment like in other open world games where you've got to find or purchase everything.  On its default setup, every 7th day a horde of zombies track down you (or your party) wherever you are come 10:00 PM, at which point you fight for your survival, then regroup afterward to keep pushing forward.

While we might not play the game this week, I encourage everybody with an inkling of interest to go ahead and pick up a copy from Humble Bundle, as it's currently on sale for $8.49 for the next 3 1/2 days and usually carries a price tag of $25-30.  You can play solo or multiplayer and set up public or private servers visible on Steam or your own private ones which can only be located directly by your IP.

It can be a lot of fun on your own (once you understand how things work--as with any new game it takes a little time to get completely familiar with the mechanics), but it's always been fun to play with other people, win or lose.  Even if we don't all get a chance to get together and play, hopefully some folks will pick this up and enjoy it and maybe play together a few at a time if not necessarily in an official event.

Bare link to the sale in case it was missed in the embedded link above:  https://www.humblebundle.com/store/7-days-to-die

• Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 4:50 PM, darkchylde28 said:

I put forward that we should place 7 Days to Die on the list sometime in the near future.

For those not familiar, it's a bit of a mix of genres.  The basic setting is that you wake up, essentially naked and alone in a post-apocalyptic zombie filled wasteland.  It's completely open world (up to the limits of the dimensions of the generated map) where your mission is to survive and, hopefully, eventually, thrive.  You collect various resources (materials, food & drink, weapons & armor) and can either use the things that you've found or craft your own.  Clear, use, and upgrade existing structures or create your own in order to have bases of operations.  The atmosphere has a lot of the tension and danger of the Resident Evil series, but not necessarily with the constant lack of ammo, armor, and supplies.  There's also an element of Minecraft and similar games in the gathering of resources, building and crafting, but I tend to think of it as being able to take control of your own destiny versus being at the whim of the environment like in other open world games where you've got to find or purchase everything.  On its default setup, every 7th day a horde of zombies track down you (or your party) wherever you are come 10:00 PM, at which point you fight for your survival, then regroup afterward to keep pushing forward.

While we might not play the game this week, I encourage everybody with an inkling of interest to go ahead and pick up a copy from Humble Bundle, as it's currently on sale for $8.49 for the next 3 1/2 days and usually carries a price tag of $25-30.  You can play solo or multiplayer and set up public or private servers visible on Steam or your own private ones which can only be located directly by your IP.

It can be a lot of fun on your own (once you understand how things work--as with any new game it takes a little time to get completely familiar with the mechanics), but it's always been fun to play with other people, win or lose.  Even if we don't all get a chance to get together and play, hopefully some folks will pick this up and enjoy it and maybe play together a few at a time if not necessarily in an official event.

Bare link to the sale in case it was missed in the embedded link above:  https://www.humblebundle.com/store/7-days-to-die

I'm guessing there's not a ton of interest given the lack of responses, but just a heads up that this sale ends in about 11 hours, so if you were on the fence about picking up a copy, you've got until 1:00 PM Eastern tomorrow to do so at the same price, at which point it jumps back up to $25 on Humble.  FYI.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Game Night for 12/12 Super Smash Ultimate 6pm EST start time as normal
Events Helper · Posted
11 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

I'm guessing there's not a ton of interest given the lack of responses, but just a heads up that this sale ends in about 11 hours, so if you were on the fence about picking up a copy, you've got until 1:00 PM Eastern tomorrow to do so at the same price, at which point it jumps back up to $25 on Humble.  FYI.

i bought it!!!!!  😮

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeevan said:

i bought it!!!!!  😮

You'll have to let me know when you're off and we can hop into a game together and I can help show you the ropes.  As with any survival type thing, it can be punishing if you're totally not familiar with how it works, but once you understand the mechanics, it can be a lot of fun and a good challenge.  Plus, it's coop or PvPvE.

• Like 2

Has three battles from Jeevan's Arena, and one battle from when ZeldaFreak and I joined SNES and MegaTank. The last two battles in the video are actually the first ones with Jeevan, Fox, and myself, but I decided to place the other two battles ahead since they have four players instead of just three.

I wanted to include more, such as that battle in Green Hill Zone where Richie was Isabelle and knocked me out with a Bullet Bill. But, there were some technical difficulties (slight video skips, for example) and some battles I couldn't record because my capture device program wouldn't load before some of them started (when I stop a recording, the capture device slows down and acts kind of screwy so I have to close the program and restart it). Also, the video is over 20 minutes. I figured that was enough.

• Like 5

Events Helper · Posted
36 minutes ago, MegaMan52 said:

Has three battles from Jeevan's Arena, and one battle from when ZeldaFreak and I joined SNES and MegaTank. The last two battles in the video are actually the first ones with Jeevan, Fox, and myself, but I decided to place the other two battles ahead since they have four players instead of just three.

I wanted to include more, such as that battle in Green Hill Zone where Richie was Isabelle and knocked me out with a Bullet Bill. But, there were some technical difficulties (slight video skips, for example) and some battles I couldn't record because my capture device program wouldn't load before some of them started (when I stop a recording, the capture device slows down and acts kind of screwy so I have to close the program and restart it). Also, the video is over 20 minutes. I figured that was enough.

Love these!!!!  Thanks for doing it!

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted

Another game night in the books Lady and Gents!!!!

The following showed up to whip some butt in smash:

@drxandy:  Not really a doctor 🤣

@SailorScoutMandy:  Engaged to not doctor, and welcome to the site!!!!!

@fox:  GG buddy, we had some really close matches on my arena with @MegaMan52 glad u were able to join up!

@SNESNESCUBE64:  Everyone likes you and wants to be your friend now 😉  Thanks for helping host btw!

@Mega Tank:  How to get characters?  Can I pay to play?

@Megamanfan:  Welcome aboard buddy, glad you could join and hopefully you will join in again soon.  Also, game night after dark with andy!!!!  Also, something about rotten hamburger?????  $70

@MegaMan52:  Holds to his megaman values!  Had I not got caught in that special i might have had you that first game!!!!  GG tho. and thanks for the youtube vid.  Keep on doing this for sure, I love it.  I will get a card soon as well 😉  

@ZeldaFreak:  I have just under 200 hours!  Haha, still not as much as @SNESNESCUBE64.  Glad you came and were able to play!  Even if you killed me several times 😒

@ZeldaFan042:  Took the time away from studies to come kill with isabelle.  How the hell do you kill with such a cute looking character you animal!!!!

@spacepup:  Played better while on the phone 😉  

@imabadguy1:  Dedededededededededede.  Very good player here boys, good thing he was only there for a short bit 😉  Thanks to the chicken and rice finally being done so he could eat 😏

If i missed anyone let me know please so I can log your activity for charms!

Thanks again for coming guys, glad we could all get together and enjoy some game time!  Hopefully we will shoot for 12/26 for the next one.  I understand completely if you can not show up seeing as its around the holidays!  Poll will be up sometime in the next day or two and will run until Tuesday like normal.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jeevan said:

@fox:  GG buddy, we had some really close matches on my arena with @MegaMan52 glad u were able to join up!

@SNESNESCUBE64:  Everyone likes you and wants to be your friend now 😉  Thanks for helping host btw!

@Megamanfan:  Welcome aboard buddy, glad you could join and hopefully you will join in again soon.  Also, game night after dark with andy!!!!  Also, something about rotten hamburger?????  $70

@MegaMan52:  Holds to his megaman values!  Had I not got caught in that special i might have had you that first game!!!!  GG tho. and thanks for the youtube vid.  Keep on doing this for sure, I love it.  I will get a card soon as well 😉  

@ZeldaFreak:  I have just under 200 hours!  Haha, still not as much as @SNESNESCUBE64.  Glad you came and were able to play!  Even if you killed me several times 😒

@ZeldaFan042:  Took the time away from studies to come kill with isabelle.  How the hell do you kill with such a cute looking character you animal!!!!

@imabadguy1:  Dedededededededededede.  Very good player here boys, good thing he was only there for a short bit 😉  Thanks to the chicken and rice finally being done so he could eat 😏

Thanks again for coming guys, glad we could all get together and enjoy some game time!  Hopefully we will shoot for 12/26 for the next one.  I understand completely if you can not show up seeing as its around the holidays!  Poll will be up sometime in the next day or two and will run until Tuesday like normal.  

That chicken and rice was delicious by the way, here's to another game night!

• Haha 2

Events Team · Posted
On 12/13/2020 at 12:03 PM, Jeevan said:

Me vs two other people trying to temporarily team up to take me down:

d1aef142eb6572d8561db177bba2512b.gif

Hahaha. I forgot how fun Smash is, thanks for organizing this!

• Like 1