IGNORED

General Game Night Discussion Thread

Jeevan

Administrator · Posted
12 minutes ago, MegaMan52 said:

Fixed.

MegaMan52.  My post was not targeted toward you nor specifically referring to you.  As DC pointed out, other people made suggestions that were lost in the mix - which you can see if you review that spreadsheet.

I can't change the past.  All we are trying to do, is to gather information about what people have suggested, incorporate changes into our system (such as forcing only new games every other game-night), and are actively taking steps to improve things, including heeding feedback.

I'm sorry that you aren't happy with how things turned out, but if you truly are done with game nights, I would really appreciate it if you would stop bringing past negativity into our game night discussions.

• Like 2

Not to add anything in a bad way, but it does occur to me that bringing things up in a negative light that the team have worked to and have addressed/corrected is likely to make some (including myself) less likely to want to choose those previously overlooked games.  Not out of spite or such, but moreso exasperation and/or the negativity which became associated with them (out of frustration).

The dead horse has been resurrected and bandaged, no need to keep beating it.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, spacepup said:

MegaMan52.  My post was not targeted toward you nor specifically referring to you.  As DC pointed out, other people made suggestions that were lost in the mix - which you can see if you review that spreadsheet.

I can't change the past.  All we are trying to do, is to gather information about what people have suggested, incorporate changes into our system (such as forcing only new games every other game-night), and are actively taking steps to improve things, including heeding feedback.

I'm sorry that you aren't happy with how things turned out, but if you truly are done with game nights, I would really appreciate it if you would stop bringing past negativity into our game night discussions.

I'm not posting in the poll topics, but this is the General Discussion for Game Nights so I should be allowed to say whatever's on my mind. 

And yes I am done with the game nights, I thought I made that clear on Discord when I asked if you could remove my name from the Game Night Participant ping. Also, I haven't participated since June so you don't need to worry about me bringing any "negativity" to the game nights.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Confused 1

Administrator · Posted
16 minutes ago, MegaMan52 said:

I'm not posting in the poll topics, but this is the General Discussion for Game Nights so I should be allowed to say whatever's on my mind. 

And yes I am done with the game nights, I thought I made that clear on Discord when I asked if you could remove my name from the Game Night Participant ping. Also, I haven't participated since June so you don't need to worry about me bringing any "negativity" to the game nights.

I removed the Game Night role as soon as you asked.  If there is an issue there still, please let me know.  We will do our best not to notify or ping you in the future.

You are allowed to post here - I'm not censoring anyone.

I'm just asking you - as a please, not a 'demand' - to let your frustrations about our past handling, stay in the past, or try to forgive us here / give us a break.  We are working hard to improve this and make it enjoyable for everyone.  We've apologized after you became frustrated, and I'm just doing the best I can here to take what we have now, and improve it going forward. 

I'm investing serious time and effort into collecting information to try to make sure we treat everyone fairly and people don't get left out.  I can't go back in time and do this sooner.  I'm trying to make this a fun, positive, event for as many as I can.

• Like 2

Administrator · Posted
14 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Oh I forgot, I created a dedicated server for CS:GO which is free on steam. It’s public and I can add whomever admins if anyone has interest on using it for game night. I have free Azure credits for the server and me and my irl friends were looking for a game to play. 

Very cool 🙂

I added CS:GO to the list from your suggestion after reading through past comments.  It sounds like fun and we'll definitely include it in some future options.  Thanks!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2022 at 4:55 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

On a positive note, thank you Game Night team for scheduling a large amount of your personal time, and spending your own money, in order to host these events.  It may seem like a thankless job at times, but your efforts are appreciated.

I still remember the first VGS game night I participated in, on October 31, 2020. You know what I did when I left that night? Thanked @Jeevan for letting me participate.

Edited by MegaMan52