IGNORED

American Politics / Current Events Thread

CodysGameRoom

On 11/2/2020 at 5:32 PM, RegularGuyGamer said:

I would wager this does not happen. All of DC, NYC, Philly, B-more ect are all boarded up already. It's not bc they think hicks from the country are going to loot their stores...

Pretty interesting that when it appeared trump was winning last night, there was no rioting reported. 

And when it turned, an angry white mob tried to force their way into the building in Detroit where votes were being counted. "Stop the vote!" they chanted. When the detroit police intervened, those people forgot how respectful of law enforcement they claim to be. Law and order prevailed

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Pretty interesting that when it appeared trump was winning last night, there was no rioting reported. 

And when it turned, an angry white mob tried to force their way into the building in Detroit where votes were being counted. "Stop the vote!" they chanted. When the detroit police intervened, those people forgot how respectful of law enforcement they claim to be. Law and order prevailed

Somehow they haven't managed to take over 10 city blocks and storm the police station/ city hall and claim it as their own. 

Seems to me it's still in peaceful protest territory. 

Edit: just check, no walmarts looted or car dealerships burned to the ground. 👌

Edited by RegularGuyGamer
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Seems to me it's still in peaceful protest territory. 

I haven't read any background, so this is just a discussion of the concept, but I don't think there is a reasonable definition of peaceful protest in a democracy that involves forcing your way into a vote counting location to interfere with the democratic process.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

I haven't read any background, so this is just a discussion of the concept, but I don't think there is a reasonable definition of peaceful protest in a democracy that involves forcing your way into a vote counting location to interfere with the democratic process.

Its worth checking out and some of the best videos of it can be easily accessed via trumps twitter account. Breitbart put out an article saying voting process is unfair because these "challengers" were not allowed access to the building, where they clearly intended to interfere (at BEST) with the counting process. Trump retweeted the breitbart article. 

9 or 10, mostly, if not all, African American Police Officers holding off a white mob trying to get in and rip up their community's ballots. It was a reminder that democracy is resilient, whatever happens with the election

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

From what I've read, no interference had occured.

Comparing seizing city blocks, looting $10M+ of merchandise, injuring 1k+ police officers, $100M+ in property damage to hollering at a vote counting location on one county is an apples to oranges comparison to the lefts outrage and the rights outrage. 

Both are bad. One is objectively worse.

4 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Comparing seizing city blocks, looting $10M+ of merchandise, injuring 1k+ police officers, $100M+ in property damage

Those things aren’t affiliated with any one political party though, as much as some would like to claim. There were even instances of some rioting being started by white supremacist groups to stir up insurrection (Minneapolis and Nashville come to mind).

Meanwhile...

91CD1E28-DF4A-4209-BCF2-819BFAD4F5C8.jpeg

• Like 2

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, The Strangest said:

Those things aren’t affiliated with any one political party though, as much as some would like to claim. There were even instances of some rioting being started by white supremacist groups to stir up insurrection (Minneapolis and Nashville come to mind).

Meanwhile...

91CD1E28-DF4A-4209-BCF2-819BFAD4F5C8.jpeg

And people rationalize this man being the leader of the free world.

"It's about the what he does, not what he says." 

"He's doing a lot for the economy." 

"He'll be tough on China."

Doesn't matter when he's made Americans conspiracy-driven idiots who think they're at war with their fellow countrymen.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Comparing seizing city blocks, looting $10M+ of merchandise, injuring 1k+ police officers, $100M+ in property damage to hollering at a vote counting location on one county is an apples to oranges comparison to the lefts outrage and the rights outrage. 

Trying to kill a governor over outrage about corona regulations trumps rioting. Im not a young man, but cant remember any other assassination attempts in my lifetime. And its early. You think the Michigan militia will stand down when they think black people in detroit stole the election? And trump is supporting that narrative? 

Also, there was no rioting last night. Really more of a summer story. As bad as the riots are, property damage and injury are serious, but threats to democracy shouldnt be taken lightly, non violent or not. We send troops to die at war to protect that democracy. We used to honor them. If az stays blue, mrs mccain has a lot to smile about. 

10 hours ago, NESfiend said:
11 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Trying to kill a governor over outrage about corona regulations trumps rioting. Im not a young man, but cant remember any other assassination attempts in my lifetime. And its early. You think the Michigan militia will stand down when they think black people in detroit stole the election? And trump is supporting that narrative? 

The guys that planned to kidnap Whitmer are not Trump supporters, like I said earlier. They're anti-Government nuts. 

And those few lunatics who plotted to do so, but didn't actually get the chance, does not trump all of the damage that @RegularGuyGamer describes. 

Administrator · Posted

Is this a joke?  Please tell me it is a joke...

C0EEB715-EEBF-49E4-B88F-7DE0C6FF6105.thumb.jpeg.a47c816e71672d0199d343ba8de44459.jpeg

The President of the USA literally asking to stop counting legit votes?????  Seriously folks, this isn’t about left or right, democrat or republican - can anyone actually support this??

All votes should be counted - even if that means Trump gets re-elected, I still believe we must not delegitimize our system.

• Like 2

Administrator · Posted
11 minutes ago, spacepup said:

Is this a joke?  Please tell me it is a joke...

C0EEB715-EEBF-49E4-B88F-7DE0C6FF6105.thumb.jpeg.a47c816e71672d0199d343ba8de44459.jpeg

The President of the USA literally asking to stop counting legit votes?????  Seriously folks, this isn’t about left or right, democrat or republican - can anyone actually support this??

All votes should be counted - even if that means Trump gets re-elected, I still believe we must not delegitimize our system.

It's not a joke, and really just a reminder that he never wanted democracy in the first place.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Silent Hill said:

The guys that planned to kidnap Whitmer are not Trump supporters, like I said earlier. They're anti-Government nuts. 

And those few lunatics who plotted to do so, but didn't actually get the chance, does not trump all of the damage that @RegularGuyGamer describes. 

Lol even though protests were national and the vast majority were totally peaceful, you get to blame the left for the bad apples who rioted. But the right wingers who wore trump gear when they stormed the state house with assault rifles AND were encouraged by trump's LIBERATE MICHIGAN tweets have nothing to do with trump and the right.  If ignorance is bliss, you are living in a hypocritical utopia. 

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted

As long as Biden's lead continues to grow in Nevada, it's basically a done deal, but even if things turn around and he loses it, he still has potential backup plans in Georgia and Pennsylvania. I really don't think all the lawsuits and demands of recounts are going to go anywhere, to me they just come off as desperate last-minute fighting from a side that's quickly realizing they might be losing.

2 hours ago, ChickenTendas said:

Biden has increased his lead in Nevada and looks poised to win Georgia and possibly even Pennsylvania. 

Dont jinx it. Nevada is far from a done deal. Its a small margin wkth lots of vote still out there. Their economy has been hit the hardest by covid regs. Its likely a desperate situation for a lot of traditional voting democrats who are unemployed or underemployed. The margins there were due to be worse for biden than they were for Clinton. 

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

Dont jinx it. Nevada is far from a done deal. Its a small margin wkth lots of vote still out there. Their economy has been hit the hardest by covid regs. Its likely a desperate situation for a lot of traditional voting democrats who are unemployed or underemployed. The margins there were due to be worse for biden than they were for Clinton. 

Are you implying those people would vote for trump? Because it seems like those would be a mortal lock for biden

2 hours ago, NESfiend said:
5 hours ago, Silent Hill said:

Lol even though protests were national and the vast majority were totally peaceful, you get to blame the left for the bad apples who rioted. But the right wingers who wore trump gear when they stormed the state house with assault rifles AND were encouraged by trump's LIBERATE MICHIGAN tweets have nothing to do with trump and the right.  If ignorance is bliss, you are living in a hypocritical utopia.

Who should carry the blame for all of the crime/damage then? If you can't blame the left for the "bad apples" who rioted and actually committed crimes/damage, then you can't blame Trump/the right for the small group of "bad apples" that plotted to kidnap the Governor, right?

Our only point was that, objectively, the unexecuted plot to kidnap the Governor doesn't trump all of the crime/damage that's taken place over the last 6 months. 

Wow, that speech was... something else. America has invaded countries that had less volatile speeches than that.

Just a sad attempt from a sad, mentally unstable old man losing his grip on power. Can this orange bitch just fuck off already? The American people have spoken and they said “Fuck you, asshole.”

• Like 1