IGNORED

American Politics / Current Events Thread

CodysGameRoom

There is a noticable silence from mainstream Republicans over Trump's claims of foul play. Why? Mainstream Republicans had a fantastic result on election day! Like, every vulnerable republican rep and senator won! Why would they cry fowl over this? They are just waiting on the inevitable 270 for Biden and they will prepare for lame duck Trump mode. Republicans got what they wanted policy wise out of him. They are just going to chew him up, spit him out, and make him a memory.

Editorials Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

There is a noticable silence from mainstream Republicans over Trump's claims of foul play. Why? Mainstream Republicans had a fantastic result on election day! Like, every vulnerable republican rep and senator won! Why would they cry fowl over this? They are just waiting on the inevitable 270 for Biden and they will prepare for lame duck Trump mode. Republicans got what they wanted policy wise out of him. They are just going to chew him up, spit him out, and make him a memory.

They know the Senate can muzzle Biden, and they're secretly ecstatic they can dump 260 pounds of orange garbage.

37 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

If Trump loses AZ, he can only blame himself for pissing on John McCain's grave. I guarantee you republican senators haven't forgotton.

100% true. And its actually sad that none of his colleagues in the senate really stood up for him. Republicans in general gave him a pass. If some jerkstore Democrat came along and trashed John Kerry like that years down the line, I gaurentee you he wouldnt get my vote. 

And before anyone loses it, Im not comparing their levels of service. Kerry is just the first big name dem who served that came to mind. Also an overall decent person like mccain imo

Edited by NESfiend
  • Like 1

Just now, Reed Rothchild said:

At times like these, I like to check out breitbart for the lulz

Screenshot_20201106-121122.png

Surely these are Russian trolls? 😛

Also seems like the first poster fundamentally misunderstands that the military leadership takes their oath to defend the constitution and would disobey unlawful orders.

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted

The president is emboldening people with his dangerous and anti-democracy rhetoric.  And that is not an exaggeration or meant to be a partisan statement.  His recent show was full of lies and deceit, with no factual basis for his ridiculous accusations.

• Like 1

Just popping in to say I am thoroughly enjoying watching Trump flounder and throw garbage lawsuits at anything he can. Its hilarious!

Anyone who supports Trump and his rhetoric actually hate America. Im disappointed that almost half of Americans will support authoritarianism, as long as its on their side. SAD! 

Hope everyone else is doing good though

• Haha 2

Editorials Team · Posted

And though I clearly despise Trump, I identify as a son-of-a-former-cop moderate, and this caught my eye since this is exactly what I warned my ultra-liberal family members about back in July:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem-caucus-clash-too-progressive

Around here it cost the Dems a Senator, a house rep, and a governer.  They should have won 2 of 3.  Hell, 2 of the 3 winners lost in 2016.  They just marched them back out and ran attack ads about Nancy Pelosi and AOC.  That's all they had to do.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Silent Hill said:

Who should carry the blame for all of the crime/damage then? If you can't blame the left for the "bad apples" who rioted and actually committed crimes/damage, then you can't blame Trump/the right for the small group of "bad apples" that plotted to kidnap the Governor, right?

Our only point was that, objectively, the unexecuted plot to kidnap the Governor doesn't trump all of the crime/damage that's taken place over the last 6 months. 

Uh...the difference here is...Biden didn't tell people to go out and riot and steal shit? Is this a serious question? Trump is actively encouraging his followers to do things like these, whereas "the left" is telling people to be peaceful and not cause trouble.

Let's do this. For every tweet from Biden inciting his followers to commit crimes, I'll find you a tweet from Trump telling his people about conspiracy theories and how they need to fight back against the democratic governors. Who wants to start?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

At times like these, I like to check out breitbart for the lulz

Screenshot_20201106-121122.png

Gotta love a bunch of doughy guys in their 50s and 60s daydreaming about overthrowing our country (and military) with their ARs

At what point do we consider this talk damaging enough to warrant action? I know it sounds like I’m against their freedom of speech, but this isn’t what I’m talking about. It’s for the same reason you can’t yell fire in a movie theater or the same reason you can’t make threats against politicians. This is clearly an attempt to incite violence and start a coup against the next president of the United States.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

At what point do we consider this talk damaging enough to warrant action? I know it sounds like I’m against their freedom of speech, but this isn’t what I’m talking about. It’s for the same reason you can’t yell fire in a movie theater or the same reason you can’t make threats against politicians. This is clearly an attempt to incite violence and start a coup against the next president of the United States.

Forget about those breitbart clowns, Real american patriots need to demolish Trump and his family in courts if Biden wins.  

Publicly.

Destroy his gaudy Brand, and show everyone what a treasonous whining loser he really is.  (If the TRUMP name isnt ruined beyond all repair all ready lol)

Every Hatch act violation. 
Every penny spent at Trumps properties by other countries. 
Every secret meeting with Putin. 
Every single Tax return. 

Dont forget about the MAGA zombies showing up at election centers with weapons either! 

3 hours ago, The Strangest said:

You can bet your bottom dollar there are federal agencies that are scouring the web to find things like this. The investigation into the plot to kill the Michigan governor likely started with feds monitoring the net and finding similar crazy talk online somewhere and digging into it. 

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted

The next generation of Trumps.  Except, instead of being charletans who know how to manipulate people because they want to be loved and adored, they'll be true believers:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/10/17/kevin-van-ausdal-qanon-marjorie-greene-georgia/?arc404=true