IGNORED

American Politics / Current Events Thread

CodysGameRoom

5 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Remember when conservatives said vehicular homicide was justified if someone was blocking traffic

Edited by The Strangest

Biden wins, trump claims victory, puts out a bunch of bs conspiracy theories that his loyal mob will immediately and blindly subscribe to. The destruction we saw in the streets this summer will be childs play compared to what happens when the well armed trump army believes the election was stolen from them. 

If Biden wins, strap in everyone. We’ve got violent thugs acting this way before the election, imagine if their guy loses.

Now I’m confused because I was under the impression that allegedly violent gatherings like this were punishable by tear gas, rubber bullets, unmarked vans abducting people, and unlawful arrests. But these guys seem more violent than the peaceful protestors the police were attacking a few months ago, and they got nothing.  Pigs gonna pig, I guess.

3 hours ago, NESfiend said:

The destruction we saw in the streets this summer will be childs play compared to what happens when the well armed trump army believes the election was stolen from them. 

I would wager this does not happen. All of DC, NYC, Philly, B-more ect are all boarded up already. It's not bc they think hicks from the country are going to loot their stores...

3 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I would wager this does not happen. All of DC, NYC, Philly, B-more ect are all boarded up already. It's not bc they think hicks from the country are going to loot their stores...

Only one side has had people indicted for a big conspiracy to kill a major leader. That happened with their guy in power. Those militias are not going to go quietly into the night if their guy loses. And he is already on tv blaming his incoming loss on the supreme court. You know, the one he packed all his candidates onto. But his cult will buy that bs like they buy all his other baseless claims. Its far more dangerous than protesters

Edited by NESfiend

I refuse to believe a word that comes out of his mouth after using the Bible as a prop, after botching the COVID-19 response, and just being an awful human being in general.

I do not believe in Biden either, but at this point I hope he wins just out of spite.

Donald Trump brought nothing but disrespect to the highest office in the world, and hundreds of thousands of innocent people needlessly died because of his cowardice to act swiftly in the early days of the pandemic.

America has 4% of the global population, but a quarter of global cases. That tells me that he failed and doesn’t deserve a second chance.

Fuck Donald Trump, and everyone who enabled him from 2016 to 2020, myself included.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Editorials Team · Posted
6 hours ago, The Strangest said:

If Biden wins, strap in everyone. We’ve got violent thugs acting this way before the election, imagine if their guy loses.

Now I’m confused because I was under the impression that allegedly violent gatherings like this were punishable by tear gas, rubber bullets, unmarked vans abducting people, and unlawful arrests. But these guys seem more violent than the peaceful protestors the police were attacking a few months ago, and they got nothing.  Pigs gonna pig, I guess.

Four more years of Trump will give his cult of personality room to grow to dangerous proportions.

Though I worry it's too late either way.  If Biden is elected the cult might only grow faster.  When the RNC figures that out, they're gonna try and catch lightning in a bottle again with some other rhetoric-driven lunatic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Sadly not the reality, as a lot of the sabre rattling is due to shit spiralling out of control from within, hence a desire to distract by looking outward.

Things haven't reached where they have, i.e. Chinese warplanes flying over the country every day, multiple times, just because of Trump, let's not kid ourselves.

Even look at President Tsai's last Taiwan national day speech, it was along the tunes of trying to maintain the status quo, de-escalation. 

But due to a lot of bad press recently (Uyguhr reeducation camps, Hong Kong, Covid-19, trade battle with the States, etc) of course they are looking at this. But the relationship with the States is only one minor part of it all. 

We need the weapon deals to pass and continue, if we want any hope of trying to stage off an invasion. We also need someone who is willing to define a bit more the relationship between the USA and Taiwan.

Otherwise, we will honestly just see a Crimea situation, or another Hong Kong. And that would be a damn shame, since Taiwan is, you know, it's own sovereign nation with its own people, culture, currency, president, a leader of gbltqxyz rights in Asia, etc, AND is democratic, in comparison to China, the country that never once was in control of it, and is one big human rights violation.

So yeah, the days of the States just doing nothing and maintaining ambiguity and the status quo are long gone, in terms of being effective towards a growing China that should be a concern for the whole of the USA. But from what I've seen and heard from Biden campaign, it doesn't look promising.

P.S. for those who wonder why we *should* care about Taiwan: pick up a map and look at it's location, strategic interests baby, in the Asian sphere.

14 hours ago, NESfiend said:
16 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Only one side has had people indicted for a big conspiracy to kill a major leader. That happened with their guy in power. Those militias are not going to go quietly into the night if their guy loses. And he is already on tv blaming his incoming loss on the supreme court. You know, the one he packed all his candidates onto. But his cult will buy that bs like they buy all his other baseless claims. Its far more dangerous than protesters

Assuming you're referring to Gov. Whitmer, Trump isn't "their guy" as they are anti-Government in general. 

And @RegularGuyGamer is right, those cities aren't boarding up in preparation for a Biden victory. 

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
7 hours ago, fcgamer said:

If Biden is elected, Taiwan as a nation is screwed. Fuck him. 

Steer your frustration towards Trump for being the incendiery, anti-science, pandering, divisive, pathological lying, incapable of leading, fuck-up who whose entire platform is blaming others and pitting Americans against one another.   Because of him we are gonna be entirely focused on our disintegrating country for awhile.  Tough luck. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Steer your frustration towards Trump for being the incendiery, anti-science, pandering, divisive, pathological lying, incapable of leading, fuck-up who whose entire platform is blaming others and pitting Americans against one another.   Because of him we are gonna be entirely focused on our disintegrating country for awhile.  Tough luck. 

It's funny, I saw a lot of that shit stemming from the Obama admin.

Dems never could get over the fact that the sleaze Hillary wasn't elected last time, that's where the hatred stems from. Should have gone with Bernie in 2016, I actually liked and would have voted for him...

No lie, I'll never forget when I went to a Hillary Clinton presidential campaign in 2008. I went with a German buddy of mine who visited me after I studied abroad in Germany.

It was a really awkward experience, most of the people there felt so "proud" and "astonished" that two heterosexual white males would show up. In their words, "You guys are so brave for your stance, I'm so happy for you."

So yeah, look deep within yourselves, you never gave Trump a chance last time did you? Lets be honest here. 

• Confused 2

53 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Also, you talk of frustrations. I hope if Biden gets elected, when shit does go to hell over here (and it will), that ultimately the States gets screwed as well and we can all suffer being whipped by China. 

Gotta have a broader worldview and understanding of world politics , bro. 😉

• Confused 1

Editorials Team · Posted
9 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Also, you talk of frustrations. I hope if Biden gets elected, when shit does go to hell over here (and it will), that ultimately the States gets screwed as well and we can all suffer being whipped by China. 

Gotta have a broader worldview and understanding of world politics , bro. 😉

14 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

It's funny, I saw a lot of that shit stemming from the Obama admin.

Dems never could get over the fact that the sleaze Hillary wasn't elected last time, that's where the hatred stems from. Should have gone with Bernie in 2016, I actually liked and would have voted for him...

No lie, I'll never forget when I went to a Hillary Clinton presidential campaign in 2008. I went with a German buddy of mine who visited me after I studied abroad in Germany.

It was a really awkward experience, most of the people there felt so "proud" and "astonished" that two heterosexual white males would show up. In their words, "You guys are so brave for your stance, I'm so happy for you."

So yeah, look deep within yourselves, you never gave Trump a chance last time did you? Lets be honest here. 

I'm sure there was some sort of point buried in this nonsensical rambling.

Bro.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Editorials Team · Posted
1 minute ago, fcgamer said:

@Reed RothchildSee you in hell bro , when everything goes down. 🙂 Lets see what happens the next few years, I called it. If I'm right, things will be so f'ed here, just like in HK. If I'm wrong , I'll take you to all the breweries and tap rooms here for beer, and pick up the tabs, if you visit. 

Okay, take care.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

I voted! Mostly Republicans at the state level, exclusively democrats at the national level. Call me a RINO, IDGAF.😀

"RINO" is the absolute dumbest insult they've come up with, in recent memory.

Basically everyone and everything they manage to label that way is  American-center-right, and was mainstream Republican for a good long while before the rest of the part took such a sharp turn.

• Like 2