IGNORED

American Politics / Current Events Thread

CodysGameRoom

1484076693_Screenshotfrom2020-12-0317-37-37.png.30745e531ff7ce0358224b3b0bb848e3.png

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/12/03/kyle-rittenhouse-court-kenosha-shooting-charges-thursday-december-3/3808176001/

The fact that Rittenhouse raised millions for his defense is so pathetic. We all know that if the same thing had been done by a black man (same age and circumstances as Rittenhouse) many people would be demanding the death penalty 😕

Edited by avatar!

22 minutes ago, avatar! said:

The fact that Rittenhouse raised millions for his defense is so pathetic. 

We're in a country of 350 million people, where 74 million of them were willing to vote for Trump to try and get him a second term.

If anything, we should be glad that so few of them saw fit to support Rittenhouse' legal fund...

3 hours ago, avatar! said:

1484076693_Screenshotfrom2020-12-0317-37-37.png.30745e531ff7ce0358224b3b0bb848e3.png

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/12/03/kyle-rittenhouse-court-kenosha-shooting-charges-thursday-december-3/3808176001/

The fact that Rittenhouse raised millions for his defense is so pathetic. We all know that if the same thing had been done by a black man (same age and circumstances as Rittenhouse) many people would be demanding the death penalty 😕

I love that you state this as a fact everyone would/should agree on, but if by "many people", you mean racists, then yeah, maybe so.

But I'd like to think that a majority of people would look at the situation objectively, regardless of race. For those demanding the death penalty for Rittenhouse, do you think it's because he's guilty of murder, or is it because of his skin color? 

2 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

We're in a country of 350 million people, where 74 million of them were willing to vote for Trump to try and get him a second term.

If anything, we should be glad that so few of them saw fit to support Rittenhouse' legal fund...

Taking donations out of the equation, do you believe that all Biden voters think Rittenhouse is guilty of murder? (and by default, all Trump voters think he acted in self-defense?)

Maybe not every single one, but I bet 99.9%

I am ok with making an example out of that shit head for the rest of the racists that the right wing whips into a frenzy. 

Dont Bring a gun across state lines to a riot to shoot black people and antifa. Your house/ or business? Sure, defend it.

No one actually buys the lie that he was there to “defend property”-a blatant excuse to have the best chance possible to shoot someone. Bonus for a left winger.

Think about how awesome shooting an Antifa would look to all his russian bot followers on parler?

Maybe Charlie Kirk could get him on his podcast 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

Taking donations out of the equation, do you believe that all Biden voters think Rittenhouse is guilty of murder? (and by default, all Trump voters think he acted in self-defense?)

I would be willing to bet that most Biden voters don't believe Rittenhouse has a legitimate claim of self defense.

And I would similarly be willing to bet that most Trump voters do think he has claim to it.

But that is a bit different than them feeling strongly enough about it to send the kid money for his legal fund -- which was the point of my earlier comment -- being glad that despite 74 million people voting for Trump, relatively few of them support what Rittenhouse did enough to contribute to his legal defense.

Edited by arch_8ngel
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

I love that you state this as a fact everyone would/should agree on, but if by "many people", you mean racists, then yeah, maybe so.

But I'd like to think that a majority of people would look at the situation objectively, regardless of race. For those demanding the death penalty for Rittenhouse, do you think it's because he's guilty of murder, or is it because of his skin color? 

I stand by what I said. It's true that "many" is a relative term, but the point is you would hear a lot of outcry that Rittenhouse should be executed were he black.  There is CLEAR as day evidence that blacks are disproportionately given the death penalty for crimes where white people get off much easier. Unfortunately in many instances people do NOT look at the situation objectively. This is a real problem.

https://www.aclu.org/other/race-and-death-penalty

Rittenhouse will NOT get the death penalty. Wisconsin does not have a death penalty, and few (if any) people have called for him to face the death penalty. I do hope there's justice, in which case Rittenhouse will find himself with a life sentence. Oh, I'm sure his supporters/lawyers/liars will appeal and appeal, but I hope he rots. It's clear he's a murderer. 

• Like 2

597938268_Screenshotfrom2020-12-0621-26-18.png.b2c50e517848b6f18e31c9f60d7a1b37.png

https://apnews.com/article/mary-trump-donald-trump-cruel-traitorous-c2c6812cdc5e1daeaf111d566e52f405

Mary Trump, a psychologist, author and outspoken critic of her estranged relative, rejects the notion that putting a former president on trial would deepen the nation’s political divisions...“It’s not simply that Donald is horrible and incompetent and cruel, it’s that he’s been allowed to be,” she said. “Every transgression that’s gone on unpunished has been an opportunity for him to push the envelope even further. That’s partially why we’re going to see him smashing as much stuff on his way out the door as he can.”

• Like 2

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/supreme-court-denies-trump-allies-bid-to-overturn-pennsylvania-election-results/ar-BB1bKzAD?li=BBnb7Kz

The Supreme Court on Tuesday denied a last-minute attempt by President Trump’s allies to overturn the election results in Pennsylvania.

The court’s brief order provided no reasoning, nor did it note any dissenting votes. It was the first request to delay or overturn the results of the presidential election to reach the court.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Haha 2

If conservative politicians, know American are hurting, people are sitting in food lines for hours, does that make politicians evil for not providing for those Americans? I mean through their actions conservative politicians can alleviate a portion of what people are suffering and they are like nope don't feel like it. 

10 hours ago, Californication said:

If conservative politicians, know American are hurting, people are sitting in food lines for hours, does that make politicians evil for not providing for those Americans? I mean through their actions conservative politicians can alleviate a portion of what people are suffering and they are like nope don't feel like it. 

Instead “Red state” AGs are bringing worthless lawsuits challenging election results just to soothe Daddy Trumps fragile ego. Lawsuits that will instantly get thrown out BTW

Led by the Disgraced Texas AG Paxton who is truly pathetic. 

And I read on the news People are starting to say (via Rush Limbaugh 😂😂😂) red states want to secede.

Little do they know the only reason they can function is because of “Blue” states and our? Super high tax output. Maybe Texas could survive, but with clowns like Gohmert and Daddy Issues Ted Cruz, dont think it would last long. 

Republican politicians only pretend to care about their constituents, keep them dumb, poor and unhealthy and they will slurp up whatever lies you feed them. 

There's so much misinformation about the Texas lawsuit floating about it hurts.

The SCOTUS did not agree 6-3 to hear it. That was a Twitter hoax. It's been docketed, meaning the SCOTUS staff has acknowledged Texas has filed suit per required protocol, but that's it. They do that for every case.

The Texas AG that filed the suit, Ken Paxton, is under indictment for securities fraud and possibly bribery and abuse of office. Note that the Texas solicitor general, Kyle D. Hawkins, has not joined the suit. Solicitor generals usually do, as they are usually the ones that argue the case before the SCOTUS. So why has Paxton filed suit? He's probably angling for a pardon.

The other states that have "joined the suit" have filed amicus briefs. That's a way of stating that they're "interested" in the case. They're not actually committed. As a lawyer online stated, "With a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is interested, the pig is committed."

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 3

593799158_Screenshotfrom2020-12-1012-07-58.png.b61a8f8f8b15df500b5df8ce1d49dfb8.png

https://www.startribune.com/staggering-surge-in-violent-carjackings-continues-citywide/573257391/

Apparently Minneapolis also approved a $19 million police budget cut.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/minneapolis-city-council-approves-police-110500121.html

"We all share a deep and abiding reverence for the role our local government plays in service of the people of our city. And today, there are good reasons to be optimistic about the future in Minneapolis," Frey said in his written statement.

Good luck to all of you in Minneapolis, I truly hope your city recovers...

Edited by avatar!
  • Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted

"The constitutional issue is not whether voters committed fraud but whether state officials violated the law by systematically loosening the measures for ballot integrity so that fraud becomes undetectable"

"Well, we have no evidence, but that's just because it's impossible to find."

MAGA nation needs to stop lying to itself and admit this is all about winning at all costs.  Call your coup a coup, and drop the pretense.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Thats what Im saying. If you like Trump because he’s racist, then own it. Be true to yourself. 

Dont lie and say its because he is “Conservative”, because he is obviously not.  

My neighbors who had the half-mast Trump-Pence flag finally replaced it with a rebel flag, so take that for what it's worth...

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

They like Treasonous losers? 😂😂😂😂

I'm curious what the actual narrative is in their circles, regarding the flag switch.

I know Rush Limbaugh has been talking about secession on his show -- so maybe it's supposed to be supporting that (not that Virginia would remotely be "in play" for such a thing, regardless).

But at some level, I'm sure the Trump supporters became aware that they were being mocked and laughed at for the flags at half mast.

Being as destructive as possible yet again.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/12/10/us-execution-texas-gang-member-brandon-bernard/

This guy was not part of the actual shooting, in 1999 when he was 18 years old. The jury regrets the sentence, he was remorseful, he fucking crocheted and traded patterns with other inmates. But the president orders execution on his way out just because.

• Angry 1