IGNORED

American Politics / Current Events Thread

CodysGameRoom

2 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Embarrassing.  2020 is such a low point for US history.

They tried to infiltrate the capitol in Michigan, too.

https://twitter.com/BGOnTheScene/status/1338569994767101956

Protip: Biden won Michigan, so there's no such thing as "GOP electors" in that state.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
54 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

They tried to infiltrate the capitol in Michigan, too.

https://twitter.com/BGOnTheScene/status/1338569994767101956

Protip: Biden won Michigan, so there's no such thing as "GOP electors" in that state.

Imagine a political party saying "oh, these guys we rounded up are deciding the president now"

Maybe that's what the Libertarians need to do to get ahead.  Tell everyone the state voted for them because they found some "electoral voters" to vote for them 🤣

• Like 1

1667770561_Screenshotfrom2020-12-1718-04-08.thumb.png.95bb91317a1394a9d3c107a08d2af147.png

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/15/946776718/u-s-scrambles-to-understand-major-computer-hack-but-says-little

So far, the list of affected U.S. government entities reportedly includes the Commerce Department, the Department of Homeland Security, the Pentagon, the Treasury Department, the U.S. Postal Service and the National Institutes of Health.

Russia, at work, as always...

Wonder how Biden will tackle Russia and China?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/supreme-court-erupt-shouting-match/

The latest thing making the rounds is that Roberts was shouting down Alito and Thomas over whether the SCOTUS should hear the Texas case. The rumor goes that they were in a "sealed room" and that some unnamed person heard a heated argument.

This was dispelled by the fact that the SCOTUS isn't even together right now, they're all virtual in separate locations. 

It should also be noted that Alito and Thomas didn't necessarily agree with the case, they're just of the opinion that the SCOTUS has original jurisdiction on state disputes.

Editorials Team · Posted

Russian supervisor: "Okay, first I want someone to create a post on Facebook about the Supreme Court being shouted down by Roberts"

Analyst: "I'm busy creating this twitter post about how Dominion Machines had cert authentication from Venezuela"

Analyst 2: "I'm posing as a cyber security expert in thedonald.win right now.

Supervisor: Just do both.  No one verifies anything anyways."

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/12/trump-losing-his-mind/617446/

The latest manifestation of this is a report in The New York Times that the president is weighing appointing the conspiracy theorist Sidney Powell, who for a time worked on his legal team, to be special counsel to investigate imaginary claims of voter fraud.

As if that were not enough, we also learned that former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, who was pardoned by the president after pleading guilty to lying to the FBI, attended the Friday meeting. Earlier in the week, Flynn, a retired lieutenant general, floated the idea (which he had promoted before) that the president impose martial law and deploy the military to “rerun” the election in several closely contested states that voted against Trump. It appears that Flynn wants to turn them into literal battleground states.

On 12/20/2020 at 10:30 AM, MrWunderful said:

You are a Braver man than I. No way would I go near that 😂😂

I agree to the point that we should give Reed either a "1up" mushroom or a badge for being that brave!

Plus reading a lot of what was said those people sound like they belong in 1930s Poland, 1930s-1940s Germany, Pope Urban II's military, and/or the Roman Empire when they were vilifying both Jesus and His followers. 🤔

Ugh... Someday I'm going to be allowed to use my brain for useful information. Like video games and things that can be connected to video games (like birthdays and anniversaries). 😩

34 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

What are the odd’s Trumps last attempt at any sort of actual work is getting his veto overridden on the stimulus?

As if he wasnt a miserable failure enough 😂😂

I hope his aggression works, but it's not likely. 

If he would have done this before the election we probably would have gotten real stimulus, and he maybhave even won.

The conservatives are alreafy trying to pivot the blame for the small bill from Mitch McConnel onto the Democrats. It is hard to say if this is part of that scheme or if he really wants bigger stimulus to increase his popularity as he leaves.

Either way, Mitch McConnel cucked him for not getting on board for bigger stimulus before the election.

What are the implications for Georgia turnout?

Edit: He can't veto so it's nonsense. But he is kind of screwing Mitch McConnell by showing the Republicans don't want more stimulus. Is this payback?

Edited by Californication

27 minutes ago, Californication said:

I hope his aggression works, but it's not likely. 

If he would have done this before the election we probably would have gotten real stimulus, and he maybhave even won.

The conservatives are alreafy trying to pivot the blame for the small bill from Mitch McConnel onto the Democrats. It is hard to say if this is part of that scheme or if he really wants bigger stimulus to increase his popularity as he leaves.

Either way, Mitch McConnel cucked him for not getting on board for bigger stimulus before the election.

What are the implications for Georgia turnout?

Honestly I would like to see everyone get more as well. However, I will admit I enjoy seeing him be disrespected at every time he actually “tries” to be presidential. 

I do feel like he is just a reality tv character at this point, and the establishment is looking forward to sticking it to him on way out. 

its pretty obvious he is looking for ways to Milk 4.99/month out of whatever Rubes he is going to sell TrumpTV news network to after he is gone and nobody REALLY cares what he says. 

As for the GA turnout, I feel that it isnt going to change many voters minds. One side is about how much can you pledge to God king, and one side trying to stop it. 

Perdue and Loeffler have already Proven to be more or less ineffective and obviously self dealing unless we are gauging on sycophancy and pretty far right anyways. 600$ a month isnt going to change whether you support that, or dont. 

I should point out that Donald J. Trump shows signs of having either/both histrionic personality disorder and/or borderline personality disorder. Which should have been looked into.

When it comes to Obama, that is why he targeted Biden from the very start. As Obama's former VP, that itself has Trump feel that Biden is not the type of President he wants for this nation. It is also the reason why he went after Hillary Clinton after she became Obama's Secretary of State. And more or less the reason why he is trying so hard to stay President. Among other things that includes his role in the birther movement, etc.

And with China it is pretty clear they will not let him do business his way. With this being a major issue for him before he became President. Because he wants to do business his way for the most part, and his presidency shows what he does when that is not allowed. So even if his Chinese bank account is no longer active, him having one strengthens this conclusion. And goes back to my opening statement on what he has.

So yeah... What makes his attacks on democracy a bigger issue than him attacking non-foreign agencies that need some of this money to maintain is the fact he ignores things like this like everything else done in his favor: https://www.businessinsider.com/voter-election-fraud-pennsylvania-charge-dead-mom-vote-trump-2020-12

Which no longer surprises me that he will get all the credit for the things he does not do. 😩

Edited by FenrirZero

2028841875_Screenshotfrom2020-12-2820-28-03.png.61b25c2af6b77386150d89a4fdb77c62.png

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/12/27/worcester-police-arrest-4-teens-accused-of-throwing-bricks-at-cars-severely-injuring-man/

The two 15-year-olds and two 16-year-olds are now facing numerous charges, including throwing missiles at a train or bus, mayhem, aggravated assault and battery by means of a dangerous weapon (a brick), assault with a dangerous weapon (a brick), and malicious damage to a motor vehicle. A 37-year-old man was struck in the face by one of the bricks, and was taken to the hospital with severe injuries. A total of 19 vehicles were struck by bricks and damaged, police said.

Apparently they are going to be charged as juveniles. BULLSHIT. They should be tried as adults, but hey, if you're young and want to get away with murder or close to it, Massachusetts is a great state for you! Meanwhile, in China, the age of "criminal responsibility" has been lowered to 12 years for "abominable crimes such as murder or causing injury that leads to death or severe disabilities."

https://www.reuters.com/article/china-parliament-crime/china-lowers-age-of-criminal-responsibility-to-12-for-abominable-crimes-idINKBN29007O

Editorials Team · Posted

McConnell being fed to the wolves.  The Democrats know that he's right: we shouldn't be printing money for everyone, especially higher income individuals who haven't lost a paycheck.  But Trump totally screwed him over and they smell blood in the water 😅