IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Adventure Island

BeaIank

Farthest I've ever played this game, actually kinda fun.  I think I got hit by invisible ice shrapnel after the ice fell 🧐

*Edit* Slight update, looks like I died near the same spot.  Hmm... invisible ice shrapnel or could it be that pretty flower I got moments earlier in stage...✍️ 

Ah, I see, I think my meter ran out, so fruit is kinda important in this game..

adv_score3.thumb.jpeg.68dbca22cc766e08f3fa3fe6e6d7e85d.jpeg

Edited by nesmaster14

I recently played through Adventure Island II and tried the third game as well so I was curious to see where it all started, but having played the previous games I just can't go back to this one. It just controls so much worse and you can't jump high without gaining some momentum first? I died a bunch of times and only made it to the third area of the first level and I don't think I will be trying to get better at this game. Sorry, it's not my cup of tea.

Adventure Island.jpg

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, Richardhead said:

My least favorite thing about playing this game for high score is the stupid risks I take just to get 50 more points. If I’d just move on I would have 1000s of more points, but I’ve just gotta have that fucking apple!

I feel this deep down inside of me. 

• Wow! 2

1 hour ago, Richardhead said:

My least favorite thing about playing this game for high score is the stupid risks I take just to get 50 more points. If I’d just move on I would have 1000s of more points, but I’ve just gotta have that fucking apple!

me: "wtf am i risking the only life i have for a 50 point carrot that is hanging over certain doom?"

46 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I feel this deep down inside of me.

wanna whole lotta love

Edited by skinnygrinny
  • Haha 2

There's an especially tricky jump in 4-3 over a pit with an icicle waiting for you on the other side. I'm still trying to figure out how to do this jump consistently. It's so awkward.

EDIT: I know how to do it now, but it still makes me nervous. Fortunately the rest of the stage isn't so bad as long as you take your time.

Edited by mbd39
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

There's an especially tricky jump in 4-3 over a pit with an icicle waiting for you on the other side. I'm still trying to figure out how to do this jump consistently. It's so awkward.

I noticed several jumps like that when I played through the game earlier in the week. I had to burn a couple of lives just to figure out how to make it past those areas.

We seem to have a great battle going on for the top spot this week! @Kid Dracula and @bertsampson are slugging it out for 1st place! @mbd39 is also making a run for the 300k mark! Who will emerge victorious?

Ninji tip #2: Coyotes are sly and like to escape, try striking from behind; more points to take!

Edited by ninjistar
words