IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Adventure Island

BeaIank

1 minute ago, skinnygrinny said:

i made it to area 3 and have kinda lost the gumption to keep grinding. it takes so much focus and im losing the patience for it.

the grinder has turned into the powderpuff. lol.

Just blame your poor playing on your kid. That’s what @brocklanders.... I mean @Reed Rothchild does. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

i made it to area 3 and have kinda lost the gumption to keep grinding. it takes so much focus and im losing the patience for it.

the grinder has turned into the powderpuff. lol.

I'm basically at the same spot you are in the game. I've not been making as many runs each day. Maybe 2 - 4 per day. I'm continuing to get further each day, but there aren't many days left in the contest week 😄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ninjistar said:

I'm basically at the same spot you are in the game. I've not been making as many runs each day. Maybe 2 - 4 per day. I'm continuing to get further each day, but there aren't many days left in the contest week 😄

i think i got one last disc of 36 grit left. we will try to make it to area 4 by six in tha morning. i just woke up from a nap lol

• Like 1

im getting better ever run but my little nintendo nuts shrink up because  i still die on the first level sometimes. more than once ive sat down to play and died on the first level, this is followed by a "fuck this" + a little fit where i throw the controller on the ground and walk away from the game (just letting higgins starve his next lives out) for hours 

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

im getting better ever run but my little nintendo nuts shrink up because  i still die on the first level sometimes. more than once ive sat down to play and died on the first level, this is followed by a "fuck this" + a little fit where i throw the controller on the ground and walk away from the game (just letting higgins starve his next lives out) for hours 

brutal!

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

I've hit points where I die at the same spot during runs (usually level 2-3 or 2-4). I'm slowly progressing. I honestly think I could play this game for a few weeks this way before I hit a wall and just can't move on / give up. RULE CHANGE TIME! 😄 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ninjistar said:

I've hit points where I die at the same spot during runs (usually level 2-3 or 2-4). I'm slowly progressing. I honestly think I could play this game for a few weeks this way before I hit a wall and just can't move on / give up. RULE CHANGE TIME! 😄 

ive probably died at this spot 100 times. every fucking time i get to it i do the same fucking thing lol. then if i do get past it i die at a spot ive never died before.

273D4D61-003F-4281-A9B5-00D8D7F5EE5D.jpeg

2 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

ive probably died at this spot 100 times. every fucking time i get to it i do the same fucking thing lol. then if i do get past it i die at a spot ive never died before.

Is that where the platforms slide close to and away from each other on 2-3? I've died there lol. And those frogs!  I actually just bit it by over zealously jumping and flying into a pit on 1-3 😄 

1 minute ago, ninjistar said:

Is that where the platforms slide close to and away from each other on 2-3? I've died there lol. And those frogs!  I actually just bit it by over zealously jumping and flying into a pit on 1-3 😄 

ya the very end of 2-3. the damn frogs is what does it im like "ok got the frogs, cool. fuck me".

2 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

ya the very end of 2-3. the damn frogs is what does it im like "ok got the frogs, cool. fuck me".

I've only made it past 2-3 a few times during a 1-life run. It's always the frogs that get me. I think I'm good with it now, but I'd like to make it much further! 😛 I'll probably record a run just for posterity because there's so much detail to remember in this game. It's not hard, but it takes time!

• Like 1

Wiggins Wiggins Higgins who gives a shit?! You make me chase carrots and some people apples. Watch out for the barracuda! Here comes a rock!! Go! Go! Go! STOP! Whoa...slow down bro...GO mutherfucker FRUIT FRUIT FRUIT FIRE FIRE FIRE!!!! Rock,bird,spider. Jump jump jump squid fox... fuuuuuhhh

saturday reflections

• Like 1
  • Haha 2