IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Adventure Island

BeaIank

Just now, skinnygrinny said:

i think i tried once today. just didnt have any interest. i think it will hold its spot in the nes fir a week longer though. wouldnt mind getting better at this one. 

Sometimes it's better to not try.

Getting so close to beating Richard's score and earning a possible third place spot (still time for tables to snipe with a huge score), but fucking up, now that burns.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

i think i tried once today. just didnt have any interest. i think it will hold its spot in the nes fir a week longer though. wouldnt mind getting better at this one. 

I pushed at the end and fell just around 1200 points short of your score (for whenever VGS image server cache updates to reflect the photo). It was all for naught though as the last few hours brought in some scores that pushed me out. You got 8th, Mr @skinnygrinny. 🙂 I still enjoyed the game this week. I look forward to millipede (and not finishing just outside top 8 yet again)! 😄

On another note, we had 24 participants this week! 😮 It seems as though things are heating up as we near the first bye week!

Edited by ninjistar
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ninjistar said:

I pushed at the end and fell just around 1200 points short of your score (for whenever VGS image server cache updates to reflect the photo). It was all for naught though as the last few hours brought in some scores that pushed me out. You got 8th, Mr @skinnygrinny. 🙂 I still enjoyed the game this week. I look forward to millipede (and not finishing just outside top 8 yet again)! 😄

On another note, we had 24 participants this week! 😮 It seems as though things are heating up as we near the first bye week!

The best part about Millipede is it's a shooter that won't kill your hands. Wow it lets you hold the fire button rather than having to mash.

27 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

The best part about Millipede is it's a shooter that won't kill your hands. Wow it lets you hold the fire button rather than having to mash.

I really enjoy Millipede, but I don't recall being any good at it. BTW, grats on your placement this week. I know it's probably not as high as you wanted to get, but you finished strong. 

Events Team · Posted

Congratulations to @Kid Dracula for winning the Adventure Island contest and earning his second win in the history of the NES Weekly Contest. His last win was for Arkanoid dating back to 19 July 2009, during the first year of the contest, which makes it without a doubt the longest gap between wins in the contest history. Not only that, but this was his only two participations in the contest, which makes it a perfect record with a lag of almost 11 years between participation. Glad to have you back at it man!

Also, big  shout out to @bertsampson and @Richardhead for breaking the 300k marks (bert being exactly 6 000 point shy of hitting the 400k mark!), and we can't forget the honorable effort of @mbd39 who was at 3k and change points of getting a 300k score!

Thanks to everyone playing and see you all in the Milipede thread this week.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, ninjistar said:

I really enjoy Millipede, but I don't recall being any good at it. BTW, grats on your placement this week. I know it's probably not as high as you wanted to get, but you finished strong. 

Thanks!

Yeah I really wanted a top three placement and it was well within my grasp. I made it all the way to 5-2 and then died to an easy part. After that I didn't even want to play anymore.

Millipede seems fun. This is the my first time playing and I broke 100k once so far. I'm sure there will be some maxouts but it won't be me.

You got knocked out of the top 8 this week. I had the same thing happen with Star Force and I tried hard. I'm just not that good at tough shooters.

Looking forward to Mario.

Edited by mbd39
  • Like 1

Events Team · Posted

Also, I did my home work and we're good for another round of Contest Participation Charm distribution, here's the list of new entries :
@Mega Tank

@Bubbapauls
@VegaVegas
@nesmaster14
@Kid Dracula
@Splain

Thanks for joining the fun in the last few weeks! Charms will be distributed shortly, once our good friend @Gloves take care of it!

• Thanks 1

Administrator · Posted
22 minutes ago, guillavoie said:

Also, I did my home work and we're good for another round of Contest Participation Charm distribution, here's the list of new entries :
@Mega Tank

@Bubbapauls
@VegaVegas
@nesmaster14
@Kid Dracula
@Splain

Thanks for joining the fun in the last few weeks! Charms will be distributed shortly, once our good friend @Gloves take care of it!

All handed out.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ninjistar said:

oh 1200 points thats gotta sting! wampson beat me like that in alpha mission. i thought you would possibly beat my score. next time. 

good game! and it was fun even if frustrating lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

oh 1200 points thats gotta sting! wampson beat me like that in alpha mission. i thought you would possibly beat my score. next time. 

good game! and it was fun even if frustrating lol

I definitely could have gotten there. Either with taking a bit more patience on the last run I made or making more runs. I, like you, haven't reached my limit on the one-life aspect of this game yet! I probably will put it away for now. This was my first time trying it this way, I believe. I've started playing Millipede. Good games though! I leave you with this as a token of respect for slugging it out with me 🙂 

aicobra.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ninjistar said:

I definitely could have gotten there. Either with taking a bit more patience on the last run I made or making more runs. I, like you, haven't reached my limit on the one-life aspect of this game yet! I probably will put it away for now. This was my first time trying it this way, I believe. I've started playing Millipede. Good games though! I leave you with this as a token of respect for slugging it out with me 🙂 

aicobra.png

kobra!

2E0C7437-0A43-480D-A038-9C875909ADA9.jpeg

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding!

Who's talking about prize giveaway? Yes, another one for this week, and yes, another awesome cross-stitch from our good friend @MeganJoanne (YEAH!). This one has a special feature, has it is comes with two cross-stitches parts! You get Master Higgins AND that annoying eggplant stealing his precious time! So you can play with your cross-stitches and either have Master Higgins chillin alone on the beach, or having him doomed by the eggplant, and many more variations out of your imagination! Here's the thing :

1028372984_AdventureIsland.JPG.36bdceb514952947a9f20197b5e12118.JPG

And here's our list of entries for this week :

1 = @Kid Dracula
2 = @bertsampson
3 = @mbd39
4 = @8bitdontquit
5 = @Tablew/chairs
6 = @VegaVegas
7 = @skinnygrinny
8 = @ninjistar
9 = @Gloves
10 = @Krunch
11 = @Bearcat-Doug
12 = @arnpoly
13 = @JamesRobot
14 = @ookii_risu
15 = @SuperJimtendo
16 = @Ausden
17 = @Bubbapauls
18 = @nesmaster14
19 = @Gaia Gensouki
20 = @Mega Tank

image.png.7ad5e9f863c9da1468619322188b7e36.png

Congratulations to Gaia Gensouki for winning this wonderful two parts cross-stitch! Enjoy it, and don't be too hard on Master Higgins with that eggplant!

Thanks again everyone for playing and participating in the contest threads!

• Like 4

• The topic was unpinned