IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

24 minutes ago, Estil said:

Because...?  Dude seriously they really need to get vaccinated; the sooner the better.

My wife is breastfeeding a 6 month old and is concerned about getting the vaccine while breastfeeding. The other two kids are 3 and 5. They can’t get vaccinated. 

I’m the only one working and going out of the house. Therefore, I’m really the only exposure risk to them. Hopefully, I won’t get it since I’m vaccinated.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

My wife is breastfeeding a 6 month old and is concerned about getting the vaccine while breastfeeding. The other two kids are 3 and 5. They can’t get vaccinated. 

I’m the only one working and going out of the house. Therefore, I’m really the only exposure risk to them. Hopefully, I won’t get it since I’m vaccinated.

Oh okay, I didn't even know about that aspect.

4 minutes ago, Estil said:

Oh okay, I didn't even know about that aspect.

It’s supposed to be fine from my understanding, but my wife is super cautious about things and doesn’t trust most doctors based on some experiences. I respect her decisions and as a result, she stays out of public other than a few outdoor occasions like my son’s baseball rec lessons this summer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

It’s supposed to be fine from my understanding, but my wife is super cautious about things and doesn’t trust most doctors based on some experiences. I respect her decisions and as a result, she stays out of public other than a few outdoor occasions like my son’s baseball rec lessons this summer.

Can't blame her, and honestly, unless they've had people in her exact situation within their clinical trials, they really won't know.  Mothers pass along a lot in their breast milk, so if she were to get the shot but not stop feeding directly, it's hard to say if the vaccine would be held back or not.  None of my business, so don't enlighten me, but if she overproduces, there's the potential for storing up a couple weeks' worth in the freezer, then doing pump and dump for the period immediately following the shot, and repeating 2-3 weeks later when the second shot occurs (for Pfizer/Moderna).  Passing on the antibodies should be absolutely fine, as that's a big part of what breast milk does anyway, but I agree with the absolute caution regarding the potential for passing on any of the vaccine since it hasn't been tested on the truly young yet.  Something to think about (and discuss with a medical professional, versus some random guy on the internet), in case she really wanted to get it but is holding off specifically because of your little one.

Edited by darkchylde28
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Disagree 1

Social Team · Posted

image.png.db5756c82a53ab94b929e5a2b05c3bc1.png

This data is for Ohio and the areas where I work.  Hamilton is were Cincinnati is for reference.  Clinton County is a VERY rural county.  I don't think I saw counts these high even at the peak before the vaccine was available.  Shit is getting real people.  I'm suppose to being going back to work tomorrow and Covid outbreak is the worse it's ever been.

My own county has had about 13,000 cases and 200ish deaths so far. 😞 

This is crazy, I would've thought the vaccine would've been the beginning of the end of this covid crap... 😞  I mean I've been doing my part (I'm VERY lucky I CAN keep myself isolated to the extent I can) and got the vaccine and all but it seems increasingly it may not be good enough. 😞 

6 hours ago, Estil said:

My own county has had about 13,000 cases and 200ish deaths so far. 😞 

This is crazy, I would've thought the vaccine would've been the beginning of the end of this covid crap... 😞  I mean I've been doing my part (I'm VERY lucky I CAN keep myself isolated to the extent I can) and got the vaccine and all but it seems increasingly it may not be good enough. 😞 

Considering only 52% of adults got the vaccine so far we're a long way out still. Luckily my state has been over 70% of adults for a couple months. 

The way the numbers are worse than they were last year at this time, when kids were kept at home from school for remote learning and everybody was locking themselves in their houses, I really, really just want to get one of those backpack SuperSoakers, fill it with hand sanitizer, and start hosing down everybody I see without a mask out at a retail store.  They get a free, dry washcloth with "ARE YOU STUPID OR CRAZY?!" on it after I'm done, lol.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

THIS.  THIS IS WHY THE NUMBERS WON'T GO DOWN.  If you won't spay and neuter your rednecks, who will?

Welcome to Tennessee, everybody!  Proud to be 31st in the nation in education!

spacer.png

(For some clarity, our school system just mass messaged everybody plus posted to Facebook that they were going to start requiring EVERYBODY wear masks, staggering classroom releases, only allow traffic to flow in one direction in halls, etc., in order to try to reduce the spread, and if the numbers don't go down, back to virtual schooling.  Our lovely governor has done his damnedest to block any such efforts.)

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Move to California everybody!

According to fox news, its a mass exodus because of terrible liberal cancel culture, yet there are no houses for sale anywhere and the ones that do sell go for 300k over asking of a 1.2 mil 1200 sq ft tear down. 

But seriously, everybody (most?) here takes masks and vaccines serious. I am so grateful for that. 

San mateo county (where i live) is 83% and santa clara county (silicon valley where i work)is 85% vaccinated

We would love to have you so you escape the covid hell that is a southern state right now

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

We would love to have you so you escape the covid hell that is a southern state right now

If we could anywhere near afford it or have any hope of affording something out there, I'd likely be all for it at this point, convenience of being so near everybody's family be damned.

And I love how someone has felt the need to go through my last few posts in this thread to disagree with them (including how a damned mask works, FFS, LOOK IT UP) but hasn't seen the need to actually enter the debate with any sort of facts to back it up.  🙄

Edit:  Seriously, they crawled back through my, and only my, comments in this thread for DAAAAYS, to disagree with all of them.  Including the one where I pointed out that Pfizer's vaccine was available for those 12-16 and what somebody should expect to feel like after their second vaccine shot.  I mean...grow a damned spine and state your opinion versus being a coward and trying to pull a Reddit-style "downvote everything they said" campaign.  Disagree?  Fine, back it up.

Edited by darkchylde28
  • Love 1
  • Disagree 1

10 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

image.png.db5756c82a53ab94b929e5a2b05c3bc1.png

This data is for Ohio and the areas where I work.  Hamilton is were Cincinnati is for reference.  Clinton County is a VERY rural county.  I don't think I saw counts these high even at the peak before the vaccine was available.  Shit is getting real people.  I'm suppose to being going back to work tomorrow and Covid outbreak is the worse it's ever been.

The thing is, the way those numbers are handed out without an asterisk or definition is done to scare the shit out of people and mislead for attention.  Look up the rates of fully vaccinated who end up with it, and then the smaller rate of those in the ICU/dead over it... we're nowhere even near 1% as it's getting into places below the decimal point.  To me that chart shows some anti-vaxx/low trust rural rednecks and hillbillies are paying for their choices.  IT says a lot when Hamilton is ranked and cases per 100k at those levels against the top one.

Yo, @Driftwood, you going to belly up to the bar and actually make some statement about what you disagree with specifically only me about in here, or continue to act like Reddit trolls do and crawl back through every statement I've made on this topic "Disagree"ing with every one of them in reverse order?  If you've got some different opinion or some beef, go ahead and get it out in the open with and over with.  We're adults on the internet, not grade school kids.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

24 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

The thing is, the way those numbers are handed out without an asterisk or definition is done to scare the shit out of people and mislead for attention.  Look up the rates of fully vaccinated who end up with it, and then the smaller rate of those in the ICU/dead over it... we're nowhere even near 1% as it's getting into places below the decimal point.  To me that chart shows some anti-vaxx/low trust rural rednecks and hillbillies are paying for their choices.  IT says a lot when Hamilton is ranked and cases per 100k at those levels against the top one.

There's a lot of that happening around here of late.  The local nurses and other hospital staff are basically working around the clock, with all ICU beds filled and the ER overflowing, plus a whole dedicated ward for those folks.  Apparently they've had ONE vaccinated person in the hospital thus far, but hundreds and hundreds that weren't.  And I say weren't, because according to the hospital COVID ward staff, while folks like to go around saying how only 1% die of it. the stats coming out of the hospital staff are that basically 1% or less of the vaccinated that make it to the hospital with it are making it back out alive.  It's so bad here they brought the morgue trucks back to idle on-site several weeks ago and sometime in the past few days one of the respiratory therapists at the hospital my SIL works at committed suicide due to the toll on her at seeing so many die.  As much as I've loved how much my son loved being back in school with his friends, with the numbers around here just going up at hundreds of percent per week, I cannot wait until they send the kids back to remote school.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

Well it's not awful around here, the last thing I want is to see kids being forced back home again.  We last I looked only had a few critical counties and they're in the boonies so no surprise there.  Around here it's mostly normal, I mean employees of forward facing places have guards in place and masking, but largely people are free to go about their business optionally.  That does sound rough, so I would image there just are hot spots in places over some others.

Social Team · Posted
52 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I get this e-mail every week and the fact that what ever standard they are using to record measures it's clearly getting MUCH worse than it ever has.  Also some other facts that were cut off that you may find interesting from Ohio....

image.png.4ed28d41d45aa1f4dde615eafa4979ae.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Looks like @Driftwood declined my offer/request to speak his mind about whatever I said that's bugged him, although he did make sure to pretty instantly PM me when I name dropped him to call out his shenanigans, stating only that he "ha[s] no interest in engaging argument with someone regarding politics or vaccines in a VIDEO GAME FORUM."  But apparently enough interest to flood my notification bar with dislikes because they're from me...for...reasons?  Ones he won't specify?  Even after I asked for his input?  So, coward's/troll's way out, I guess.  Cool, cool...I guess.

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

Social Team · Posted
30 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

Looks like @Driftwood declined my offer/request to speak his mind about whatever I said that's bugged him, although he did make sure to pretty instantly PM me when I name dropped him to call out his shenanigans, stating only that he "ha[s] no interest in engaging argument with someone regarding politics or vaccines in a VIDEO GAME FORUM."  But apparently enough interest to flood my notification bar with dislikes because they're from me...for...reasons?  Ones he won't specify?  Even after I asked for his input?  So, coward's/troll's way out, I guess.  Cool, cool...I guess.

That's odd that a "video game forum" would be a reason to not discuss current events.  I mean I know our hobby has attracted many intelligent people from engineers/scientist, doctors/nurses, lawyers, and more.  I think collectively we can have some damn good discussions.  I would never assume that this community is not fit for intelligent conversations.  I mean if you don't want to participate in the discussion then why even leave emotes that in turn makes people want to drag you into something you don't want to talk about.  Just saying if you don't want to discuss something then better lurk harder.

• Thanks 1

Just now, FireHazard51 said:

That's odd that a "video game forum" would be a reason to not discuss current events.  I mean I know our hobby has attracted many intelligent people from engineers/scientist, doctors/nurses, lawyers, and more.  I think collectively we can have some damn good discussions.  I would never assume that this community is not fit for intelligent conversations.  I mean if you don't want to participate in the discussion then why even leave emotes that in turn makes people want to drag you into something you don't want to talk about.  Just saying if you don't want to discuss something then better lurk harder.

Bingo.  Or if you're going to do the Reddit equivalent of "downvote everything I don't agree with," do it to everybody.  I can't possibly be the only person he "Disagree"s with, seeing as many (most?) of in this thread agree with one another.

• Disagree 1