IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

You know, after reading more and more comments tonight in that thread posted by my kid's school, screw it.  If I can lay my hands on one of those pistol-sized pump mini Super Soakers, I am totally going to start carrying it around to dispense hand sanitizer.  And should some anti-vaxx, anti-mask, anti-keep-your-ass-home-so-you-don't-have-to-take-it-to-the-ICU mouth breathers try to start something, I'll be ready.  "But officer, I was just trying to help them keep healthy!  Look, they don't have any hand sanitizer at all, and here I am with a full tank!  Who was I not to share?"

I can picture it now... @darkchylde28 points out that Kevin Bacon was in Footloose. And that Footloose shows how bad misinformation can be. As well as how if we cooperate with each other, both sides can create something that benefits everybody. With "dancing" being masks, and cooperating resulting in creating masks that both work and make everybody feel comfortable wearing them.

And after all that, @Driftwood would disagree when it comes to the idea that Kevin Bacon was in Footloose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Administrator · Posted

I am vaccinated, but have been masking indoors recently as things have been heating up again.  I was walking toward a grocery store yesterday as someone was walking out.

The person walking out didn't have a mask on, and when he saw me put mine on, he made a snarky comment about people and their “fuckin masks.” 

i just ignored it and walked on in, as there is no point in getting into a needless confrontation or have some angry person yelling and spitting near me.

If a business requests me to wear a mask for the safety of others, it only seems respectful to comply, especially given the current data I’m seeing.

I get people are tired of masks and want to just move on, but the virus doesn’t really care whether we are “done” with it or not.  I’ll keep being flexible, following guidance and data as we go along, and do whatever I can to find the balance of living life and enjoying things, while also being safe and respecting others by doing a very simple deed.

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

Yes we have been masking up again. Even if the vaccination lessens the illness I still don't wanna deal with it. I'm a big baby when sick and low on pto. Haha

If a booster is offered I'll get it, causes boosters make sense. 

My friends parents wouldnt get the vaccine until recently and it was too late, her mom caught covid like that week before. She is doing well and not in hospital thankfully. 

• Sad 1

I generally give old folks a pass when crowding me in the queue, but I still act passive aggressive when younger folks refuse to social distance.

The other day my friend and I got yelled at by a random woman at a coffee shop for not wearing masks whilst drinking and chatting together. I'm fully vaccinated though, and I work with this guy, I mean we might as well be gay lovers or something, we interact with each other enough, whether we wear our masks or not won't make a difference in this situation.

If you care about your life, vaccinate, if you don't care then roll the dice and croak of that's what fate has in store for you. 

Breakthrough cases, how many deaths though? 

Preaching to the Choir I know.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Weren't we all taught as kids how silly throwing tantrums (especially in public) makes you look?  Sounds like there's way too many grownups that need a refresher course on both that and what is real and what is make-believe (you know like people who take "reality" shows at face value?)!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fcgamer said:

If you care about your life, vaccinate, if you don't care then roll the dice and croak of that's what fate has in store for you. 

Pee-Wee Herman seriously needs to make a comeback and do this same PSA only referring to how not getting the vaccine (and you know what this PSA very much applies to idiots who choose to drive drunk as well) isn't just wrong...

Edited by Estil
  • Like 1

On 8/30/2021 at 10:52 AM, FireHazard51 said:

image.png.db5756c82a53ab94b929e5a2b05c3bc1.png

This data is for Ohio and the areas where I work.  Hamilton is were Cincinnati is for reference.  Clinton County is a VERY rural county.  I don't think I saw counts these high even at the peak before the vaccine was available.  Shit is getting real people.  I'm suppose to being going back to work tomorrow and Covid outbreak is the worse it's ever been.

You need to come over to Brown County. It's been pretty low around here. I probably spend almost as much time in Clermont though.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

46 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Stupid knows no bounds.

https://www.insider.com/oklahomas-emergency-rooms-are-clogged-with-people-overdosing-on-ivermectin-2021-9

Oklahoma's ERs are so backed up with people overdosing on ivermectin that gunshot victims are having to wait to be treated, a doctor says

Whatever happened to use ONLY as directed? 😞