IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

36 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Apparently it may no longer be quite good enough anymore...we may have to start wearing masks again whether we have the vaccine or not... 😞

Did I forget to mention that the ones who for whatever reason haven't been vaccinated are FOOLS? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Estil said:

Apparently it may no longer be quite good enough anymore...we may have to start wearing masks again whether we have the vaccine or not... 😞

Did I forget to mention that the ones who for whatever reason haven't been vaccinated are FOOLS? 

Well maybe if we didn't get shitty vaccines, we wouldn't refuse to get vaccinated 😉 *

*I have some friends who don't want to get vaccinated with AZ, yet that's all available here in Taiwan at the moment. Female, young, prime age for issues

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Estil said:

I never stopped wearing my masks.

That being said the breakthough infections for the fully vaccinated are really low and the hospital rate for break through infections are really low. It's generally only an issue for at risk demos.

Now it sounds like the infections and hospitilazion for the unvaccinated are getring worse for all ages. The infections for younger people are getting more serious.

So I am going to keep wearing my mask, but if someone doesn't wear a mask who is fully vaccinated I get it.

Edited by Californication
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Californication said:

So I am going to keep wearing my mask, but if someone doesn't wear a mask who is fully vaccinated I get it.

We should all be wearing triple masks 😉

Different note, where I'm at, movie theatres and night markets were opened, yet schools had remained closed until today, and still there's tons of red tape about what those schools can do.

At least we can rest well knowing that swimming is still prohibited, right? Then again surfing and diving are allowed. 

Want to get out by yourself and do some nice cycling? Sure, but you gotta wear a mask the whole time, which actually did lead to me getting heat stroke a few weeks back, when the temperatures were 86, with a feel like temperature of 95. Though after collapsing and vomiting, at least I can get a respite from it all by going indoors with my friends and eating dinner together, with other families all around. 

It's all brilliant!

• Eyeroll 1

Wear again?  Nope, nope nope...short of being thrown out of a place, nope.  Vaccine does what it's supposed to...you either don't get it at all, or a minor form of what could/should be a lot worse.  What's next masking everyone over chickenpox because that vaccine either minimizes the issues or blocks it too.  NO vaccine is perfect, you just get varied benefits.

As Cali said, it's an unvaccinated persons problem, they can deal with the repercussions of their stupid life choices, but I did what's right and I refuse to go backwards for it.  Breakthrough's are nearly non-existent, and I think deaths from those are aren't they...or even a hair of  percentage over a nearly non-existent one for those with the shot.  Might as well try winning the powerball.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Wear again?  Nope, nope nope...short of being thrown out of a place, nope.  Vaccine does what it's supposed to...you either don't get it at all, or a minor form of what could/should be a lot worse.  What's next masking everyone over chickenpox because that vaccine either minimizes the issues or blocks it too.  NO vaccine is perfect, you just get varied benefits.

As Cali said, it's an unvaccinated persons problem, they can deal with the repercussions of their stupid life choices, but I did what's right and I refuse to go backwards for it.  Breakthrough's are nearly non-existent, and I think deaths from those are aren't they...or even a hair of  percentage over a nearly non-existent one for those with the shot.  Might as well try winning the powerball.

Just to be clear:

The unvaccinated people do include people that want the vaccine and can't take it for health reasons.

And I hope that the news articles out of Indonesia saying a hundred kids died is not accurate since there isn't a vaccine for children under 16.

On 7/26/2021 at 9:19 PM, Tanooki said:

I'm aware of that, generalizing it because those who (choose to) refuse outweigh a slimmer number who are just kind of screwed, and those probably are wearing masks anyway or just don't care anymore and are over it I suspect.

Ya, they are the biggestbpart of the problem.

On 7/28/2021 at 3:34 AM, fcgamer said:

Just got my second jab today! In two weeks I'll either be fully vaccinated, or dead. If the latter, I give @OptOut full permission to create a "Rest in peace my dearest friend" thread, dedicated to yours truly 🙂

How ya feelin?  My 2nd shot (pfizer) straight up rocked me for about 2 days.  The first night was so bad i almost called an ambulance, no joke.  Thank god it got rapidly better after the first night.

5 hours ago, Boosted52405 said:

How ya feelin?  My 2nd shot (pfizer) straight up rocked me for about 2 days.  The first night was so bad i almost called an ambulance, no joke.  Thank god it got rapidly better after the first night.

Oh wow, that sounds horrible! I'm glad you ultimately pulled through though!

I felt nothing from my second jab, at least so far. The first one I had a slight headache, but otherwise I felt fine, had even busted out my weight routine 

One of my doctor friends had a severe reaction to the first AZ jab (Phillipino guy), his face and lips got really swollen and puffy. So he got the Moderna for the second jab and was fine I think.

Thanks for checking in though dude, it means a lot to me!

On 7/29/2021 at 2:45 PM, Boosted52405 said:

Luckily it only "rocked me" for one day...still wasn't any fun...I prefer this kind of Rock Me better 😄 

(cute related bonus):

On 7/26/2021 at 11:16 PM, Californication said:

Just to be clear:

The unvaccinated people do include people that want the vaccine and can't take it for health reasons.

And I hope that the news articles out of Indonesia saying a hundred kids died is not accurate since there isn't a vaccine for children under 16.

Actually, Pfizer has been approved for use in kids as young as 12, while Moderna and J&J are still labeled for 18 and older.

On 7/29/2021 at 3:45 PM, Boosted52405 said:

That's not a bad thing at all.  According to experts, the worse you feel after a vaccine is indicative of how strongly your immune system has responded.  So if you felt like you were hit like a truck (as I did for a bit after my second Moderna shot), it means that your body immediately recognized the threat and did the equivalent of rolling out the tanks and carpet bombing what it perceived as the enemy.

The same experts say that folks who didn't feel anything are probably fine as well, but seem to tiptoe around how strong those folks' reactions would actually be to a real threat ("everybody's different...").  One thing I finally managed to find which talked about that had one doctor saying that in test subjects those with no noticeable reactions "simply" weren't generating some of the regular natural defense responses (inflammation, running a temperature, etc.) but were still generating antibodies as they should.  To me, that seems to say that while those folks should come out the other side ok, they'll probably have a worse time with an actual infection since their body isn't doing anything else to slow it down while antibodies are being produced and dispatched.  That's strictly me thinking and speaking logically, though, and not any sort of actual medical opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

In regard to more recent posts in this thread in general regarding mask wearing...  I and my family never stopped wearing our masks, carrying hand sanitizer, being mindful of what we're touching when out, who (and how many) we're around, etc.  I totally understand folks who are roaming around mask free not wanting to go backward, but I personally find it irresponsible and distasteful that anyone would drag their feet or outright refuse going back to masks for everyone.  The idiotic policies of the CDC, governments, and businesses are what has allowed this situation to once again progress.  Sure, those that got vaccinated were potentially more protected than those who weren't, but the absolute lack of requirement to prove your vaccination status before tearing off the mask and wandering around like it was 2019 (or prior) before simply allowed all the anti-maskers and super spreaders (not always the same people, so I'll separate them, even if they frequently go hand-in-hand) to do what they had always been doing--going with no protection and letting the virus run rampant everywhere, mutating into even worse versions along the way.

Would I love it if everybody could wander around like nobody had anything to worry about again?  Absolutely!  However, based on the fact that huge swaths of the human race can't be bothered to care about how their actions affect the welfare of other people, let alone themselves, leads me to the opinion that not only is the CDC correct in rolling back their rules (suggestions, really) regarding vaccinated folks needing to mask up, but that state, local, etc. governments should get off their collective asses and start restoring (where applicable) and actually enforcing mask mandates, with real, demonstrable consequences if they're not obeyed.  Cop catches you without a mask where you're supposed to have one?  Here's a big fat ticket.  Second offense?  Just like driving, here's a nice spike to the fine.  With virtually every store that I've been to in the last 6 months to a year offering complimentary masks at their entrances, there's not really any real excuse for folks to not be putting one on and wearing it while they're around other folks who aren't their immediate family.  Somebody ending up with a life-altering fine or losing their driver's license or such would certainly do a lot for compliance (and hey, think of all the lawyers who would get to go back to work in order to fight all the cases this would likely generate).

There are at least two graveyards which clearly show what happened to entire branches of my extended family, on both sides, due to the 1918 pandemic.  I've seen reports of similar things happening to people this time around, much for the same reasons that you can read about in old newspapers, books, firsthand accounts, etc.--people refusing to socially distance, mask up, and sanitize (terms actually used more than 100 years ago and not invented in or for modern times).  This needn't keep going, but unless we all do everything we can, it's just going to keep steamrolling over people, most likely until we either get lucky and it "burns itself out" somewhat like the 1918 flu did (finally mutated into a mostly non-lethal version which became dominant) or we as a species end up a lot worse off than we ever have been (huge population die offs, people living in bubbles, who's to say?).

• Disagree 1

@darkchylde28 Yep i know having side effects is generally a good sign that it's working etc, however I had some adverse effects almost certainly.  Had the 2nd shot early like 8am that day, and was absolutely fine until about 8pm that night.

It started with a graze of chills, nearly nothing at all, and within minutes I began to shiver.  It escalated to extreme shivering with nearly all branches of my body, most notably my jaw that was straight up opening and closing rapidly forcing my teeth and jaw to chatter like never experienced before.  Concurrently, the back far top part of my skull begin pulsating with the most extreme pounding pain I never could have imagined.  Due to the shivering I attempted to grab a hoodie sitting on a chair about 4 feet away, but my body would barely function at all and it took me a very long time to pick up the hoodie and put it on, which didn't help.  I was so freaking scared I came very close to calling 911 and thank goodness within ~20 minutes it started to dissipate.  From that point, my weekend was upside down rocked for about 48 hours.

I feel the need to mention that since I did not feel any uncomfortable side effects that day, I continued to be active and productive that day and might not have consumed enough water (contributed to affects?).  I question that though because I was prepared and well hydrated going into the 2nd shot.

Now I'm still a little spooked with the idea of a booster shot, but I'd still do it.  I am fairly certain my level of side effects is generally uncommon, so would still highly recommend anyone on the fence to get it.

Instead of worrying about the vaccinated folk masking up again, we should be more concerned about the non vaccinated folk getting vaccinated. 

For those who cant have the vaccine, it's one thing, but for those who just don't want to get it, well we shouldn't be bending over backwards for them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Instead of worrying about the vaccinated folk masking up again, we should be more concerned about the non vaccinated folk getting vaccinated. 

For those who cant have the vaccine, it's one thing, but for those who just don't want to get it, well we shouldn't be bending over backwards for them.

I have a coworker that won’t get the vaccine because “he doesn’t know what’s in it”.

This dude is grossly overweight, an alcoholic, a pot head and eats like garbage……

He’s worried about what’s in the vaccine…

He is going to fucking die from diabetes before the vaccine kills him. Not to mention that if he gets the Rona, I’m guessing he won’t fare as well as I did. 
Lost my shit on him today because he doesn’t wear his mask and treats it all like a joke. I hate masks and want to go back to “normal” so fucking bad. Asshats like him piss me off. I used to like this guy too.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

I think the government is pulling out all stops to get Americans vaccinated without introducing consenquences. And it sounds like Fox is starting to change their rhetoric. Govt. needs to nut up and start requiring vaccinations to go places. This is not new, kids are required to get vaccines to go to school.

The real issue is going to be that the western governements and specific billionaires have blocked generics from getting manufactured to vaccinate the world. Now they are talking about kids dying and more break through infections.

It feels more apocalyptic now then it did last year imo.

Edited by Californication
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Except that with the fun new Delta variant, even the vaccinated can and will carry a full viral load if they manage to catch it (which is much easier for vaccinated folks than with previous strains).  Despite the fact that the vaccine has tended to make sure those who still caught the delta variant don't end up in the hospital or die, they can (and apparently do) still spread the virus as easily as anyone else who's been infected.  So you know what that means?  WEAR YOUR DAMNED MASK and KEEP YOUR GERMS TO YOURSELF.

Just like with all the folks who won't get vaccinated that you're looking down on from so high, if you pick up the delta variant, you can take it home and kill Grandma just like filthy 'ol Billy Bob in the trailer park--because you weren't wearing your mask to keep it to yourself.

11 hours ago, Richardhead said:

I have a coworker that won’t get the vaccine because “he doesn’t know what’s in it”.

This dude is grossly overweight, an alcoholic, a pot head and eats like garbage……

He’s worried about what’s in the vaccine…

He is going to fucking die from diabetes before the vaccine kills him. Not to mention that if he gets the Rona, I’m guessing he won’t fare as well as I did. 
Lost my shit on him today because he doesn’t wear his mask and treats it all like a joke. I hate masks and want to go back to “normal” so fucking bad. Asshats like him piss me off. I used to like this guy too.

It sounds like that dude doesn't know what's in his beer, let alone the vaccine, so I think we can all tell that that's really a BS reason.  At this point, pretty much every non-medical excuse that's thrown out is BS.  Would it not cause you (or anyone in that sort of situation, really) undue problems at work, I'd say to keep a little spray bottle around and just hose him down in the face when he drops his mask, just like folks do to cats when they're doing something they shouldn't.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 1