IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

CE06812F-003E-4786-9503-78CE188E9BD7.jpeg.052fc0b6ea39ae9510675d12ed85600f.jpeg

7C3FD4DC-BD11-474F-8452-DD43D9F9E02A.jpeg.691108cdc588085703f7915d72670ea9.jpeg

DE009599-885F-42BC-9EE3-8AB5CE2CCF3F.jpeg.2e7711b80ef320f7793b7e88ea7d043f.jpeg

75271BD4-3286-4D5A-8EF6-1830BEB2F2D4.thumb.jpeg.792f42ee9d21097e8dd53223961a96f5.jpeg

Whelp the CD-i guy went back to the local shop with the “good” stuff this time including a system so they called me up and I picked up every piece. Including those Zelda and Mario games that I was pretty sure I was never going to own!! Guess I’m actually collecting CD-i now, lol

I’m broke. 

• Like 7
  • Wow! 3
  • Love 2

Whoa no damn way, I feel like I'm looking at the past with that CDi blowout.  @CodysGameRoom  too good, and I can think of a few solid games from when I had one not in that image.  Not sure about tastes of yours but... Mutant Rampage Bodyslam(final fight/mutation nation type game), lords of the rising sun, chaos control, burn cycle, voyeur, kether, escape from cyber city, dragons lair 1+2 & space ace, lil divil, caesars world of boxing was even decent.  I'd need to browse as list but those come to mind.

Avoid zelda's adventure at all costs, it's positively best described as semi-functional, it's downhill from there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Whoa no damn way, I feel like I'm looking at the past with that CDi blowout.  @CodysGameRoom  too good, and I can think of a few solid games from when I had one not in that image.  Not sure about tastes of yours but... Mutant Rampage Bodyslam(final fight/mutation nation type game), lords of the rising sun, chaos control, burn cycle, voyeur, kether, escape from cyber city, dragons lair 1+2 & space ace, lil divil, caesars world of boxing was even decent.  I'd need to browse as list but those come to mind.

Avoid zelda's adventure at all costs, it's positively best described as semi-functional, it's downhill from there.

Nice! Mutant Rampage Bodyslam is a great name for a game. I actually do have Kether, Dragons Lair II and Space Ace from a previous pickup so that is good to hear!

I doubt I'll get the pricy Zelda one unless I get lucky and find it cheap.

@CodysGameRoom Good to know.

Mind you some of these are just ports too, but I do know a decent selection of things worth bothering if the price isn't toxic but that's on you to decide that.

7th Guest, Flashback, The Apprentice, Lemmings, creature shock, Myst, Inca, the other Maddog Mccree, Arcade Classics(Namco), Pinball, Solar Crusade(chaos control sequel of sorts), those are worth a peek as I recall, some more might be.

The Zelda game, dirt cheap, maybe, as it's Zelda, kind of.  The game is broken.  It can't do music and sfx at the same time, it had bad load per screen, the graphics have issues, the controls aren't as tight as necessary for the style because it's trying to be Zelda 1 in play style overhead and fails miserably.  It would have better utility as a pretty drink coaster.

• Haha 1

image.jpeg.62388ca71d0325c3a58e820104fb1f16.jpeg

image.jpeg.aec4b0071ce11fe1058bf6420f694ec8.jpeg

image.jpeg.14249870b8f33a6c2aed6fe85c3b66f1.jpeg

image.jpeg.b1c5b299053f098c2462e7c83099d41e.jpeg

Went to Walmart. I decided to go to a different location than the one I normally go to and see if they had anything different. I came across some mini Arcade games. I noticed Karate Champ, Bubble Bobble, and Space Invaders. They had multiple copies of Karate Champ and Space Invaders, but only one Bubble Bobble left. I'm thinking I should've went with either Space Invaders or Karate Champ, since I have Bubble Bobble 4 Friends which includes the original Bubble Bobble (I also have the NES, Apple II, and GBA versions). But...I bought Bubble Bobble instead. I guess because there was only one left.

This mini Arcade is part of a different series than the Pac-Man mini Arcade I got earlier this month, and has far better graphics and audio. It appears to contain the NES version of Bubble Bobble, rather than the Arcade version. I got a My Arcade Pac-Man Pocket Player last year that is similar to this, but contains multiple games. I believe there is a pocket version of this Bubble Bobble mini Arcade as well.

Edit: On second thought, I'm glad I didn't buy Karate Champ since that mini Arcade also contains an NES port/emulation. At least the NES version of Bubble Bobble is decent.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1

Well now there's something I had no idea existed which @goldenpp72 has... MMLegends PC and that code legend next to it.  That inspires a bit of curious research.  I own MMX1 for the PC, just never touched the others due to how bad/costly much of it is or lack of interest (X games.) 😄  Very curious to see how those two turned out, have you tried them?

52 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Well now there's something I had no idea existed which @goldenpp72 has... MMLegends PC and that code legend next to it.  That inspires a bit of curious research.  I own MMX1 for the PC, just never touched the others due to how bad/costly much of it is or lack of interest (X games.) 😄  Very curious to see how those two turned out, have you tried them?

Code legends is just kind of a kids programming game so I didn't bother with that. I have tried legends in the past and that's basically just a more HD version of the same game. What turned me on to getting these was oddly X3. It's effectively the Saturn/Ps1 Japanese release, but in America. So once I jumped on that I got the rest, heh.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Yeah, the Code Legend is pretty neat. I bought it through the funding campaign they had because I really liked what it talked about and wanted to do something like this with my son as e's really showing an interest in computers: a coding software designed to teach kids, but you also build your own buster controller to play the levels you design.

Designed in Japan by a team of coding instructors and child education professionals...I was like, 'Sign me up!'

• Like 1

Popped into the underground mall on a family trip to Taipei, digging through the backshelves for lost MD games!

IMG-20230124-WA0001.jpg.bfec18ccb287596296b0b245565f9c06.jpg

Fortunately I had my trusty assistant there to help me dig up some MD gold!

IMG20230124212731.jpg.dba0a771b7f606a7ef88de5e114ad96d.jpg

Managed to scratch ten more games off my list, plus SUPER excited to score my first 32X game since 2017!

IMG20230124213205.thumb.jpg.44d4dd46e3b46d1b3291395340b0d8ab.jpg

I now own 11 out of the 18 Japanese 32X games after a six year hiatus in my collecting for this system. Perhaps this will be the impetus for me to try and finish that set off?

IMG20230124213152.jpg.ea8f1547e667426d95e52b7c9565917f.jpg

The shopkeeper also threw in the SEGA mouse for free, which was pretty cool. I don't have a large collection of accessories for the system, as I am focusing on games right now, but this will look cool on my shelf!

I'll let you guys know if I find anything else on my trip! 😉

• Like 11
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 4

pickupsJAN2023_01.jpg.b4785625ebbfe22efcd543923b2bd2a6.jpg.

Sephiroth's amiibo finally came out.  Cloud, and all my other amiibo are still packed away in a box.  I have no idea how I'll display them all with my limited space though.  Here's NES Works 1987, one of the best years ever and a much fatter book than the other volumes.

pickupsJAN2023_03.jpg.9a5e76552f77f1118b61ebea1f234000.jpg

I got Death's Door on PS5 because I heard it was a good Zelda like and it was only $20.  There seemed to be a vast gulf of time between when I decided to get the Mega SD and it finally being back in stock somewhere.  But finally I have one.  Fire Emblem Engage Divine Edition, I've really like this consistent style to Nintendo's collector's edition.  I missed out on Xenoblabe Chronicles 3 though.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Jicsan said:

I've really like this consistent style to Nintendo's collector's edition.  I missed out on Xenoblabe Chronicles 3 though.

I seem to miss out on every Nintendo collector's games since they instantly sell out and then are scalped. This has been plaguing Nintendo for years and years. Although "plaguing" is not the right word since Nintendo knows their collector's items are underproduced and they seem fine with it. More than fine, I think it's planned. Consider LRG, a tiny tiny company compared to Nintendo, they offer pre-orders for their collector's games so that everyone has a chance to purchase. The huge-and-powerful-N on the other hand does not give a shite about you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

I wouldn't say they've always been fine with it, they do have their moments of middle fingering and utterly trolling the trolls(scalpers.)

When the NES Classic Edition was perpetually hard as hell to get, especially the controllers, they stupidly stuck to their guns and it was a bitch to get any of it, then it was gone.  But as the SNES model came a year later, they did that big press video and everything with the revealing, but then specifically commented on and towards scalpers and those who lost out.  They paraphrasing here roughly, we know it was hard to get the NES due to certain people, you won't need to pay them as we will be reissuing the NES and controller shortly and in larger numbers so people who want one can get one.  And they did follow through.  I was able to just walk in and get the controller those scalpers marks were getting FOMO over paying $100+ for since the release with no problem for retail, and I saw extras, and kept seeing extras of it and the system about.  They filled the immediate persistent need until they shut the second line down.

I kind of wish they'd do this more often, but I get how that specific device is far more desirable than some limited edition game would be to keep it coming.

• Agree 1

Editorials Team · Posted
11 hours ago, OptOut said:

Popped into the underground mall on a family trip to Taipei, digging through the backshelves for lost MD games!

IMG-20230124-WA0001.jpg.bfec18ccb287596296b0b245565f9c06.jpg

Fortunately I had my trusty assistant there to help me dig up some MD gold

Kids gonna be taller than you in a year!

• Eyeroll 1

9 hours ago, avatar! said:

The huge-and-powerful-N on the other hand does not give a shite about you.

Oddly enough I have to say that Nintendo had the best customer service when it came to my own past experiences. It was Sony's U.S. branch, however, that did not give a literal shite. Granted that I never contacted Nintendo about the "mini console" scenarios. But when it came to my DS days they took my disability seriously. And put an actual effort to do what it took to make me happy. With this being a very minor thing for many.

Sony, however, was a mixed bag. Financially, their CSRs were (during their PS3 days) allowed to claim you did not make any digital purchases you made before they are removed were DL'd from a different account. They also claimed that the non-private hubs in Home were "E for Everybody" while ignoring everything people were complaining about. And prior to me reporting their contradictions, and other issues they claim to have recorded, they ghosted those who were harassed by "HafuGirl".

Granted that it is not the "limited goods" scenario. Which could have easily been resolved by Nintendo as all they have to do is create a lottery system if all orders exceeded what they can produce. Sony, at least here, has done things that make me withhold my anger every time I missed out on their mini consoles.

12 minutes ago, FenrirZero said:

Oddly enough I have to say that Nintendo had the best customer service when it came to my own past experiences. It was Sony's U.S. branch, however, that did not give a literal shite. Granted that I never contacted Nintendo about the "mini console" scenarios. But when it came to my DS days they took my disability seriously. And put an actual effort to do what it took to make me happy. With this being a very minor thing for many.

Sony, however, was a mixed bag. Financially, their CSRs were (during their PS3 days) allowed to claim you did not make any digital purchases you made before they are removed were DL'd from a different account. They also claimed that the non-private hubs in Home were "E for Everybody" while ignoring everything people were complaining about. And prior to me reporting their contradictions, and other issues they claim to have recorded, they ghosted those who were harassed by "HafuGirl".

Granted that it is not the "limited goods" scenario. Which could have easily been resolved by Nintendo as all they have to do is create a lottery system if all orders exceeded what they can produce. Sony, at least here, has done things that make me withhold my anger every time I missed out on their mini consoles.

I do agree the few times I contacted Nintendo customer service they were excellent. Let's face it, all huge companies such as Nintendo and Sony are inherently rather shitacular at various times. However, I was primarily focusing on Nintendo's sheer lack of interest, well, to be honest it almost seems like deliberate attempts at never ever ever having enough collector's items to fill demand. 

7 minutes ago, avatar! said:

I do agree the few times I contacted Nintendo customer service they were excellent. Let's face it, all huge companies such as Nintendo and Sony are inherently rather shitacular at various times. However, I was primarily focusing on Nintendo's sheer lack of interest, well, to be honest it almost seems like deliberate attempts at never ever ever having enough collector's items to fill demand. 

Metroid Dread gave me a glimmer of hope that they were doing a better job. It didn't seem impossible to get. Then I don't know what the heck happened with XC3 but there was the whole thing about the CE not even being ready to ship when the game launched and they didn't even offer it through other retailers. I just can't get over how many hours I spent trying to get it and ending up empty handed. I am holding out hope that someone will trade one with me or I can eventually get one at a decent price. We'll see.