IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

So I finished up 2 more today, though the TG set isn't complete as I didn't go for a full set, just the set I wanted. On the shelf is a reproduction Magical Chase but I have the real graded one in a different spot. The Atari XE set is a full set however, that would be the whole US lineup along with the Demo cart, very annoying set for how small it is. 

20230206_162342.jpg

20230206_163923.jpg

• Like 13
  • Wow! 2

1 hour ago, goldenpp72 said:

So I finished up 2 more today, though the TG set isn't complete as I didn't go for a full set, just the set I wanted. On the shelf is a reproduction Magical Chase but I have the real graded one in a different spot. The Atari XE set is a full set however, that would be the whole US lineup along with the Demo cart, very annoying set for how small it is. 

20230206_162342.jpg

20230206_163923.jpg

How hard was that XE set? I had a couple rare-er CIB games and people were fighting over em

1 hour ago, goldenpp72 said:

20230206_162342.jpg

20230206_163923.jpg

I’m sorry is that Magical Chase sealed? I’ve never met a billionaire before 🤣🤣😂😂

1 hour ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

How hard was that XE set? I had a couple rare-er CIB games and people were fighting over em

Difficult in my mind, I started about 5 years ago. Crystal Castles, Into the Eagles Nest, Summer Games and Karateka I think were the worst ones to find, along with the Demo cart in recent times. It was a lot cheaper just a year ago, really annoying. 

Edited by goldenpp72
  • Like 1

Cool pickups recently. Fantasy Zone was the last Tengen game I needed for NES. The resident evil vinyl I found at a local record store, the record store is really cool. Whenever @Jeevan PMs me I know it’s gonna cost me money. The homebrews came from him and apparently he does so much business he has his own sticker lol. Neutopia II I’ve been meaning to buy for awhile but was looking for a better price. Ended up PMing someone on eBay and they didn’t have best offer turned on but they took less than they had it up for which was cool. 

I’ve got many Jeevan stickers around here. 

image.jpg

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

After the big lot of GC games last month, I've been buying more GC games and I'm going for the US fullset:

IUz0htEh.jpg IfpKSllh.jpg 

Also got some GBC and GBA CIB games:
ghN9YEXh.jpg

Also got 2 manuals that I was looking for some time. Well, I was looking for one of them, the other I didn't know existed. I'm trying to get all the Brazilian Gamecube manuals released by Gradiente here. Gradiente only localized the manuals. The back of the manuals is the translated version of the back of the box of the games. I thought there were 6 manuals but I found another one and looking through some old magazines I think there's another one.

The two manuals that I found recently are Star Fox Adventures and Luigi's Mansion. I know I'm missing the Pikmin manual and I think there was a Super Mario Sunshine manual. 

FGule90h.jpg 

• Like 10
  • Wow! 3

I showed a Cool Spot set the other day, but I had to wait until this morning to finally have Zool in hand. Still missing the cart but otherwise I think I'm done buying for all the Game Boy based systems, and just one more for the 3DS and I think I'm done collecting Nintendo stuff entirely pre Switch. I already condensed my shelves entirely to assume no more will be added, but still waiting on one more arrival to call it. 

Zool was really hard to come by, and definitely one of the 'I'm not sure if I'll come by this ever' things, so I feel better about it now. 

20230209_202430.jpg

Edited by goldenpp72
  • Like 9

So today ended what was almost an 11 year, 2 month scenario for me. With it being 4 days from being the 5th anniversary of when I first got to see the "premier images" of Final Fantasy VII Remake. Which itself is also the 5th anniversary of the day I finally got to try anything from Shake Shack.

And before I continue, I want to thank @rokushadows again for the prize. I also want to thank--

[His speech was cut short in favor of a YouTube-type commercial.]

Edited out the rest...

Edited by FenrirZero
  • Like 7
  • Wow! 1

6 minutes ago, pacowles said:

325277C5-6B89-45D9-BFFA-0B32E194729C.jpeg.b33c94af491904fa71814083f6d3fa59.jpeg

Just some Japanese Virtual Boy games. Some are allegedly brand new. Maybe they didn’t shrink wrap these in Japan? 

They weren’t. I believe the earliest Nintendo system to have sealed games was the GameCube. Some shops may have done their own seals but it wasn’t the norm to do so from what I’ve seen.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, pacowles said:

325277C5-6B89-45D9-BFFA-0B32E194729C.jpeg.b33c94af491904fa71814083f6d3fa59.jpeg

Just some Japanese Virtual Boy games. Some are allegedly brand new. Maybe they didn’t shrink wrap these in Japan? 

@Brickman is correct.

I used to deal with Japanese GB/GBC games. And I found that them being sealed was never a factory thing prior to the GameCube release there. And even then they also had those games packaged differently. It was not until the Wii did all of the games have a more uniformed look in terms of both packaging and being wrapped.

As for allegedly... They are saying that the boxes do not appear to be opened. Some sellers did open them in the past, but they often had a way to do it carefully. And only did it when they wanted to be sure all of the contents are there. Thus the whole "no wrap" scenario back then. While these days I am more prone to take that seller's word than what Super Potato's grading system says.

(It's a 6 year old situation. Involving a incorrectly graded GBC variant copy of Dragon Quest Monsters.)

Edited by FenrirZero
  • Thanks 1

Wow @Brickman and @pacowles  Very nice GBA games, wish I had a few of those like Kururin, and Japanese VB boxes are so much prettier.  Nintendo over there didn't seal up any cartridge based console boxes at all in shrink wrap, hybrid and handhelds included through the GBA days.

...and to add more red and black to the day here we go.

During the early part of this week dumb luck struck twice over at AtariAge.  I noticed a mention of a broken VB on a listing of all sorts of stuff, got to talking to the poster and negotiated it at parts for $110 shipped, a complete dead unit with Mario Tennis.  And then a day later and less than an hour on the site, a Game Gear went up with a few games, 2 cases, system manual, and was $40 shipped I was on that (paid $4 up the street earlier for nba jam below).  I was told it worked which surprised me, they're fishy in more than one way you know if you know.

I considered making a post over in the restore area, but I already have one and for a VB I did a few months ago.  It definitely arrived dead, well, mostly dead.  I got it to work once, then nothing but it did hum from the get go so power was getting into it somewhere.  I opened it up, nothing looked rotten other than the ribbons (left was out, right flaky.)  I solder fixed that pretty quickly, then to test... dead system, only a little drum on the inside has a little glow so it got some juice, not enough to turn over.  I checked the battery box earlier saw a little bit of acid in the bottom which I got all out with vinegar and alcohol after, still nothing.  Crap!...and double crap, it got into the controller.  The blue chunky acid didn't stay in the box, it instead seeped into the controller along both metal prongs.  That took some serious time to clean and clear since it can't be popped off.  I finally got life back, score, verified I got the ribbons right the first time again too.  Then if I moved it a millimeter, off.  It distorted the connector so it wouldn't touch battery box to controller tabs (controller side) so I had to get to manipulating it over 15-20min or so to finally get a steady flow... it's fixed.

The Game Gear shockingly does work, not so much of a sign of bad screen or audio, I'm wondering if it is really dumb luck or an old cap replacement maybe.  There were 2 Sonic 2s, the other I put up.

forumfind-vboy-ggear.jpg

gamegearva1-left.jpg

gamegearva1-right.jpg

• Like 8
  • Wow! 1

Administrator · Posted

The first of a few PC game orders I've made recently came in today! If I'm gonna start collecting these it needed to be a pristine Might and Magic VII that came first for me, as it was the first PC game I bought for myself in a big box like this as a kid and it's super nostalgic for me (and the game is great!). Nabbed Icewind Dale alongside it for a great price and also in amazing condition overall. Really stoked to get these displayed! 😄

IMG_20230211_103844.png

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Gloves said:

The first of a few PC game orders I've made recently came in today! If I'm gonna start collecting these it needed to be a pristine Might and Magic VII that came first for me, as it was the first PC game I bought for myself in a big box like this as a kid and it's super nostalgic for me (and the game is great!). Nabbed Icewind Dale alongside it for a great price and also in amazing condition overall. Really stoked to get these displayed! 😄

IMG_20230211_103844.png

I have a ton of old PC games I'm selling, shoot me an email if you're interested! I have to double check, but I know I have big box of various Origin games such as Ultima Underword, etc.

• Love 1

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, avatar! said:

I have a ton of old PC games I'm selling, shoot me an email if you're interested! I have to double check, but I know I have big box of various Origin games such as Ultima Underword, etc.

AN EMAIL!?!? What the hell year is it? But yeah man I'll PM you lol.

• Haha 1