IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Tournament Finals!

BeaIank

40 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Was that the year we had The Punisher, and I threw up the winning score on day one, causing only like two more scores to get posted? 😆 That run stands as my personal best high score too.  Still want to play that one on the contest again, it's such an underrated game.

The Punisher is one of those games that I've been interested in trying. I should give it a go.

49 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Was that the year we had The Punisher, and I threw up the winning score on day one, causing only like two more scores to get posted? 😆 That run stands as my personal best high score too.  Still want to play that one on the contest again, it's such an underrated game.

8 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

The Punisher is one of those games that I've been interested in trying. I should give it a go.

Cabal is better 🙃

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, guillavoie said:

For the record, it was 1st half tournament of 2015.

2 hours ago, mbd39 said:

Still can't believe it was almost 8 years ago that I started playing in the contests. That was such a competitive year too.

I’ve only ever done as well in the tournament as I did my first year 😂

crazy thing is I’ve definitely gotten better every year. Circumstances/new players/ tetris damn you!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BlackVega said:

Also calling out other people IS specifically mentioned as being ILLEGAL on the other hand so this sort of situation should have never happened in the first place and is described as

"- If you suspect another participant of cheating, do NOT call them out in the contest threads.  Please send a PM to the contest organizers and we will review the score.  Posting accusations in the contest threads creates unnecessary drama and stress for all involved and will NOT be tolerated."

It is in fact mentioned TWICE

You know what?  I hadn't ever read that and I didn't even know this was an actual rule - that's entirely on me.  I should have pm'd the show runners instead of creating all of this drama, and I apologize for that.  However, you would still be in the same situation you're in now where you're having to prove yourself, because I still would have had concerns over your scores and would have reported them privately.  Please don't take this personally; you're a relatively new player (to me anyway) and your scores are exceptionally good to the point where they seem to defy the logic of some of the games at first glance.

If you have to prove your scores are real, what's the big deal?  If you've got the skills to get the scores you posted, then the truth will come out and you'll be crowned the champion, it's as simple as that.  If I had a time machine I'd go back and cancel all this drama, but I don't, so the best I can do is tell you that any serious qualms I have in future weeks will be sent privately to the show runners from here on out.

15 hours ago, BlackVega said:

I seriously can't grasp the magnitude of ignorance here where an accuser throws accusations at someone WITHOUT EVEN FACT CHECKING THINGS AT FIRST. You can literally fire up a console or an emulator and see that once you deplete all bullets you are left with a single one that always gets replenished once it is destroyed or goes out of screen, there is never a constant delay. Secondly whenever you have less than 50 bullets the game always gives you exactly 50 bullets whenever you finish a level. Literally both of these arguments CAN BE DEBUNKED AND PROVEN FALSE RIGHT THERE ON THE 1ST STAGE

After the accusing person has been proven FACTUALLY wrong he DOUBLES DOWN ON SHOWING IGNORANCE just by slamming an essay full of opinions about someone without literally any single fact whatsoever. Continuous aggression? DO you have something to hide? Why is it me, how about your scores then? Hmmmmmm very interesting, I wonder myself........🧐

Once again, you are correct, these facts can be figured out quite easily; the thing is, in a high score competition of Rolling Thunder that starts near the end of the game, why would anyone ever plan to go down to zero bullets to learn what happens?!?  Likewise with the 50 bullet bounce-back: why would you ever intentionally go below 50 bullets to see how the game reacts?  I didn't dissect the game like you did, and as a result, I didn't figure out the endless boss strat that you did; you're clearly thinking outside the box on a level far beyond where I'm at, and it got you an incredible score as a result.

I will say this though: if you're going to continue to break games to the point where what you're doing is counter to the intended rule set for that game, would you PLEASE ask one of the show runners if what you're doing is going to be okay early in the week?  With Rolling Thunder, they obviously allowed point-scumming because the game is timed, and you found a loophole by taking advantage of the one point in the game where time does not tick down.  I highly doubt they were aware of the fact that the boss was untimed, and there's a pretty good chance they would have modified the rules in some way had they been made aware of that fact at some point during the week.

Anyway, if you're scores are legit, then fear not, you'll be the champ.  Better to be an undisputed winner than to leave a lingering shadow of doubt...

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:
1 hour ago, the_wizard_666 said:

58 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Cabal is better 🙃

• Haha 1

@Dr. Morbis

any serious qualms I have in future weeks will be sent privately to the show runners from here on out.”

Oh boy. Please tell me this is a joke.

With Rolling Thunder, they obviously allowed point-scumming because the game is timed, and you found a loophole by taking advantage of the one point in the game where time does not tick down.  I highly doubt they were aware of the fact that the boss was untimed, and there's a pretty good chance they would have modified the rules in some way had they been made aware of that fact at some point during the week.”

Agree. Should have known that was a shady strat.

Edited by docile tapeworm
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

@Dr. Morbis

any serious qualms I have in future weeks will be sent privately to the show runners from here on out.”

Oh boy. Please tell me this is a joke.

With Rolling Thunder, they obviously allowed point-scumming because the game is timed, and you found a loophole by taking advantage of the one point in the game where time does not tick down.  I highly doubt they were aware of the fact that the boss was untimed, and there's a pretty good chance they would have modified the rules in some way had they been made aware of that fact at some point during the week.”

Agree. Should have known that was a shady strat.

There has been a lot of talk about making you a mod next year. Not playing that much, but still active and loved by all. Its a solid fit. May want to see if glovesie can up your inbox storage space

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Events Helper · Posted
2 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

You know what?  I hadn't ever read that and I didn't even know this was an actual rule - that's entirely on me.  I should have pm'd the show runners instead of creating all of this drama, and I apologize for that.  However, you would still be in the same situation you're in now where you're having to prove yourself, because I still would have had concerns over your scores and would have reported them privately.  Please don't take this personally; you're a relatively new player (to me anyway) and your scores are exceptionally good to the point where they seem to defy the logic of some of the games at first glance.

If you have to prove your scores are real, what's the big deal?  If you've got the skills to get the scores you posted, then the truth will come out and you'll be crowned the champion, it's as simple as that.  If I had a time machine I'd go back and cancel all this drama, but I don't, so the best I can do is tell you that any serious qualms I have in future weeks will be sent privately to the show runners from here on out.

Once again, you are correct, these facts can be figured out quite easily; the thing is, in a high score competition of Rolling Thunder that starts near the end of the game, why would anyone ever plan to go down to zero bullets to learn what happens?!?  Likewise with the 50 bullet bounce-back: why would you ever intentionally go below 50 bullets to see how the game reacts?  I didn't dissect the game like you did, and as a result, I didn't figure out the endless boss strat that you did; you're clearly thinking outside the box on a level far beyond where I'm at, and it got you an incredible score as a result.

I will say this though: if you're going to continue to break games to the point where what you're doing is counter to the intended rule set for that game, would you PLEASE ask one of the show runners if what you're doing is going to be okay early in the week?  With Rolling Thunder, they obviously allowed point-scumming because the game is timed, and you found a loophole by taking advantage of the one point in the game where time does not tick down.  I highly doubt they were aware of the fact that the boss was untimed, and there's a pretty good chance they would have modified the rules in some way had they been made aware of that fact at some point during the week.

Anyway, if you're scores are legit, then fear not, you'll be the champ.  Better to be an undisputed winner than to leave a lingering shadow of doubt...

have you seen @ZeldaFreak in action, the dude is a machine, ask any survivor player..........

Events Team · Posted
10 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

have you seen @ZeldaFreak in action, the dude is a machine, ask any survivor player..........

And you're never gonna see that from me again because it was miserable and stressful and I hated it, haha. I think I've said to you before that after Survivor, I'm pretty much done doing things that I'm good at, but don't actually enjoy doing at all. Doubt I'll ever participate in another contest like that ever again, I've had my fill.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

His first act was to unban @Richardhead.

ZreCgxw.jpg

That has to be one of the greatest moments in history.

also the fact you guys had the thought to document with screen shots warms my heart and is another greatest moment in history!

username was “edited byNintendoAge Moderator” 😂💀

Edited by docile tapeworm
  • Haha 2

Not sure if I'm in charge of saying this or I'm allowed to share "private info" but this info is going to come out eventually so without keeping any more suspense and if anyone is still wondering I went through the verification process with the contest organizers and I was confirmed and accepted so everyone please drop your swords and part ways. This discussion is over

• Like 3
  • Agree 1