IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Tournament Finals!

BeaIank

1 minute ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Hey man, you asked; you literally asked!  So there's your answer in that thread right there.  What kind of man are you?  Simple answer: the lowest of the low.

Lowest of the low….. ???

I can think of people that are much “lower” than me. I will start with pedo’s.

You’re up next. What kind of person do you think might be “lower” than me? 

1 minute ago, Richardhead said:

There are always 3 sides to these stories. Maybe even more.

Nice catch phrase, but it does nothing to absolve you of the actions you have taken in the past and the decisions you have made.  It's your life; why don't you spend some time trying to improve yourself rather than baiting someone on an internet forum who is leagues better than you in every concievable aspect?

Events Team · Posted

Okay guys, let's all calm down now, please Basil and Richard, no more bickery over this.

It is true that in the past, we always asked players to inform us in pm about suspicions of cheating and calls over other players etiquette etc., and we all have an example of why we were asking this in the first place. It usually ends up like this.

I will also mention that Bea and I (and let's add Bimmy here for the sake of history), as organizers of the contest (which would never exist in the first place without the players, let's not forget) have always had at heart to monitor the legitimacy of the competition, while trying to maintain an easy going, relaxed and friendly environment based around the honor system. This smooth ruling sometimes comes with a price here and there, as reasonable doubts and valid questioning come to the surface. I assure you that we will try to appease the mind of everyone after reviewing the situation regarding this tournament. Please give us the time to sort things out and everybody should be happy in the end.

As though this looks a bit extraordinary, I can say for myself, as I been involved in this contest for over 15 years now, that we've moderated a LOT of this kind of situations in the past, mostly off the board, and that there is nothing new under the sun and it is business as usual. We'll get through this and everyone will want to play in 2024.

Peace!

• Like 4
  • Love 3

On 12/12/2023 at 12:53 AM, Dr. Morbis said:

Seriously, I know it's not popular, but we should just bring back game room videos for the finals.  That Batman speed run competition was fun, as was Mega Man 2, and Castlevania... bring back the video evidence!  There's no where to run and no where to hide when everyone's actual skills are laid bare... 😛

They're definitely fun to watch, but I would be opposed to making over the shoulder videos a requirement. I don't have an equipment set up to even do it, but the amount of effort is so daunting that just thinking about it is making me tired. Even having to take a photo with my name on a piece of paper is pushing the upper limits of my commitment tolerance (I'm more of a screenshot guy).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/11/2023 at 7:51 AM, Dr. Morbis said:

Alright, I just threw the game in and purposely ran out of bullets, and what it does is give you one bullet back after a delay, then when you fire it, it gives you one more bullet after a delay again, and so on.  This replenishment does not happen at a fast enough rate to fight off the final boss's projectiles.  Furthermore, since it never increments you more than one free bullet, there is no way to fill up to "50" once you've used all your ammo, which would be depleted rather quickly in a drawn out battle with the final boss.

As such, the screenshots posted by BlackVega are literally impossible to accomplish without cheating if starting from 2-8, and probably impossible (due to the bullet inventory) no matter what level you begin on

I seriously can't grasp the magnitude of ignorance here where an accuser throws accusations at someone WITHOUT EVEN FACT CHECKING THINGS AT FIRST. You can literally fire up a console or an emulator and see that once you deplete all bullets you are left with a single one that always gets replenished once it is destroyed or goes out of screen, there is never a constant delay. Secondly whenever you have less than 50 bullets the game always gives you exactly 50 bullets whenever you finish a level. Literally both of these arguments CAN BE DEBUNKED AND PROVEN FALSE RIGHT THERE ON THE 1ST STAGE

After the accusing person has been proven FACTUALLY wrong he DOUBLES DOWN ON SHOWING IGNORANCE just by slamming an essay full of opinions about someone without literally any single fact whatsoever. Continuous aggression? DO you have something to hide? Why is it me, how about your scores then? Hmmmmmm very interesting, I wonder myself........🧐

7 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

He's usually okay actually, although there's been a few occasions. But yeah, sometimes he takes shit a bit too seriously.

A person who takes stuff seriously would definitely check first how the game works. I can only imagine the "very serious person" we all know who we are talking about didn't even make the slightest effort to do that and definitely preferred to destroy someone and pull out the karen card and call the manager with no ground and is now being destroyed with facts

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, guillavoie said:

Okay guys, let's all calm down now, please Basil and Richard, no more bickery over this.

It is true that in the past, we always asked players to inform us in pm about suspicions of cheating and calls over other players etiquette etc., and we all have an example of why we were asking this in the first place. It usually ends up like this.

I will also mention that Bea and I (and let's add Bimmy here for the sake of history), as organizers of the contest (which would never exist in the first place without the players, let's not forget) have always had at heart to monitor the legitimacy of the competition, while trying to maintain an easy going, relaxed and friendly environment based around the honor system. This smooth ruling sometimes comes with a price here and there, as reasonable doubts and valid questioning come to the surface. I assure you that we will try to appease the mind of everyone after reviewing the situation regarding this tournament. Please give us the time to sort things out and everybody should be happy in the end.

As though this looks a bit extraordinary, I can say for myself, as I been involved in this contest for over 15 years now, that we've moderated a LOT of this kind of situations in the past, mostly off the board, and that there is nothing new under the sun and it is business as usual. We'll get through this and everyone will want to play in 2024.

Peace!

Well said!

Thumbs Up GIF

6 hours ago, G-type said:

They're definitely fun to watch, but I would be opposed to making over the shoulder videos a requirement. I don't have an equipment set up to even do it, but the amount of effort is so daunting that just thinking about it is making me tired. Even having to take a photo with my name on a piece of paper is pushing the upper limits of my commitment tolerance (I'm more of a screenshot guy).

I agree. I'm not a tech guy at all and don't even own a computer, so the idea of trying to figure out how to take a decent video with my phone and upload it on here is literally beyond my skill level. These contests are supposed to be fun (It's not like we're playing for large cash prizes) so there's no reason for anyone to cheat since basically every player that posted suspicious scores in the past didn't stick around long anyway.

On 12/11/2023 at 4:04 PM, PII said:

Soooo, at first I thought maybe you had done this to create a "soft reset", maybe for a game like Batman Return of  the Joker, but it's sounding like it was just to not have to get up.  Just wanna make sure I'm clear...

I didn’t want to get out of my chair.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

I never went as far as too mod a controller or an NES, but I'm 100% the same way.

My setup is that I have my NES on a shelf and it's pushed back about half and inch instead of being flush.

I have a really long measuring stick that's about 4' long rather than the standard yard.  I have it setup so that it's propped up on that little shelf ledge and it rests right in front of the reset button, while the other side rests on the couch right by me.

To reset my NES, all I literally have to do is grab the stick, turn it so it's side is straight up, and then left the side by maybe 12" and it resets the NES.

The only problem with this setup is it slowly pushed the NES back so after about  50 resets, I have to push it forward by another half inch.  Other than that, it works perfectly.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2