IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Tournament Finals!

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted
2 hours ago, skinnygrinny said:

I appreciate where your coming from but the respect is that they still call me “skinny” it’s a bit of an inside thing but these guys know me very well and I’ll always be “skinnygrinny” no matter what the username might change to.

It is heart warming to see the skinnygrinny username back. This said, that NA mod pic James posted just reminded me how humorous the transition from '42 foot tapeworm' to 'docile tapeworm' actually was, hahaha!

• Haha 1

There was a point where Skinny was changing his username almost monthly. Typically with whatever bizarre trash talking he was using for the monthly challenge. The fact that he kept docile tapeworm for so long is a little surprising, to be honest. 

I'm also proud to say that I helped contribute to his avatar picture way back when. 😛 Though Gloves I think was the one who actually created it.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

I show everyone my SuperJintendo originals. Valuable pieces of art!

Photobucket recently Deactivated my old account and is currently deleting everything they had archived. So anything from the na era is gone other than those originals. 

All the comic panels and kickle shit. Only the few pieces that went to past winners and otherwise still exist. I didn't save anything. 

Those are all legacy level artworks. 

• Wow! 1

Hey, all of that business talk reminded me of something- does anyone remember that shitshow or where it was from? Let me explain- there was some sort of a shitshow where a guy came with broken NES or a few uncommon NES games and people were negotiating and arguing about the price and 1 dude raged with the line "hey you know what, all I can do is 10 million dollars.......or 10 dollars!!!"

3 hours ago, BlackVega said:

Hey, all of that business talk reminded me of something- does anyone remember that shitshow or where it was from? Let me explain- there was some sort of a shitshow where a guy came with broken NES or a few uncommon NES games and people were negotiating and arguing about the price and 1 dude raged with the line "hey you know what, all I can do is 10 million dollars.......or 10 dollars!!!"

By shitshow, you mean collectable or pawn show?

I remember Storage Wars had a dude find an NES and mistook the model number (NES-001) for the serial number.

Yeah, buddy, the very first NES ever produced ended up in the random storage locker you bought.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tulpa said:

I remember Storage Wars had a dude find an NES and mistook the model number (NES-001) for the serial number.

Yeah, buddy, the very first NES ever produced ended up in the random storage locker you bought.

That was the one I was thinking of too.

16 hours ago, BlackVega said:

Not sure if I'm in charge of saying this or I'm allowed to share "private info" but this info is going to come out eventually so without keeping any more suspense and if anyone is still wondering I went through the verification process with the contest organizers and I was confirmed and accepted so everyone please drop your swords and part ways. This discussion is over

Well the converasion has completely veered off into other directions, but I just want to add that I trust Bea and Guillavoie's judgement, so congrats on being the champ for 2023!  With the all-round skill set you've got and your professed love of NES/Famicom, I'm surprised you haven't been putting up these crazy high scores for years.  It would have been cool to see you giving your best against some of the all-time great tournament players from the NA era, that's for sure; you seem to be able to dissect these old games like no other...

On 12/14/2023 at 8:46 AM, skinnygrinny said:

Holy mackerel! Dang my life has changed alot and multiple times in those years. Wow. Remembering where I was when I first joined. Living in the mangroves 🤣

Are you playing next year? I think you and me might be the only members of the 10+ year club still active.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Are you playing next year? I think you and me might be the only members of the 10+ year club still active.

Probably not every week or very competitive but I’ll be playing. 
I didn’t want to skip the tournament this year but looking back I have had zero time to play games so it was for the best.

On 12/15/2023 at 2:43 AM, Tulpa said:

Ah yes it was a crappy TV show (does anybody still watch TV???) where some seriuz byznyzmyn were arguing about retro video game prices. Thanks for reminding me the name, it was storage wars. I found the clip in question but I misspoke a bit, it went "you know what I will let it go for 5000 dollars....... or 5 dollars!!"

And the old classic