IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Tournament Finals!

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Final standings posted. With this result, @BlackVega is our 2023 VGS NES WEEKLY CONTEST TOURNAMENT CHAMPION!
@Dr. Morbis  brings home the 2nd place.
And @PII finishes 3rd.
Congratulations for our top 3!

We will be back in 2024 for more weekly contest action!

* Note to self: never use Gold Metal Challenge 92 ever again. No one plays that.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BlackVega said:

Ah yes it was a crappy TV show (does anybody still watch TV???) where some seriuz byznyzmyn were arguing about retro video game prices. Thanks for reminding me the name, it was storage wars. I found the clip in question but I misspoke a bit, it went "you know what I will let it go for 5000 dollars....... or 5 dollars!!"

And the old classic

I still watch tv. I watch the local news almost every morning and I keep the tv on while I’m gone to keep Mr. Pickles occupied.

It's great to finally see the end results and the end of this tournament but there's tons of discrepancies. I think top 3 people are in the correct spots but I don't have a clue what happened to other peoples scores. For instance only top 3 people participated in Capcom and NESfiend didn't participate this round at all which is unfortunate so I don't know why he got points and his counter should stay at 6 from the 2nd round. This probably doesn't affect the top 3 places on the leaderboard but it is important to nail down who got the last place here

4 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I'm not too keen on multiple events sports games where you have to take a bunch of pictures. I probably would've played anything else.

Multiple pics can be a bit bothersome, particularly when one is strapped for space but those kind of sport games are always fun in my opinion.  Plus it gives everyone a chance to earn points for each separate event so if you're not too hot in a given category you can always focus on another.

22 hours ago, skinnygrinny said:

Probably not every week or very competitive but I’ll be playing. 
I didn’t want to skip the tournament this year but looking back I have had zero time to play games so it was for the best.

I guess I'll have to wait and see what the schedule looks like for next season.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
5 minutes ago, SuperJimtendo said:

Someone with the na archives. Didn't I get 2nd when we played it last?

You ranked 3rd apparently, but it was when Bea was still playing so it is like getting 2nd place.

https://archive.nes.science/nintendoage-forums/nintendoage.com/forum/messageviewe0dd.html?catid=31&threadid=176083

• Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted
10 minutes ago, BlackVega said:

Someone has these ancient archives that were somehow not burnt into pieces? So out of curiosity what were the top 3 spots for every year?

Archives from the time we were on NintendoAge (almost complete? There might be missing a few weeks) : https://archive.nes.science/nintendoage-forums/nintendoage.com/forum/messageview0d82.html?catid=31&threadid=168510

Archives since we're on VGS, you have to dig a little to find what you're looking for as I haven't took the time to put stuff in order yet : https://www.videogamesage.com/forums/forum/111-events-archive/

Have fun!

35 minutes ago, guillavoie said:

https://archive.nes.science/nintendoage-forums/nintendoage.com/forum/messageviewe0dd.html?catid=31&threadid=176083

This Vintage @JamesRobot Punkin is pretty damn Flash.

Also noticed that Bimmy_Lee singled out a certain someone for last place.  That is co-o-o-o-old blooded.

J.R. Vinpunk.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2017 was my best year! Not only was that the year that Kickle was turned into nightmare fuel, I had Two 3rd place finishes! Snoopy and Felix. If it wasn't for Bea and Tables having a blood feud at the top I could have made something of myself! Not really. I did have second place in 2016 during adventure island 2 though.