IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Rad Racer

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Welcome, speedy ones! It is time to decide who is the sportiest of all at the 2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest!
It is time for RAD RACER!

The rules are as follow:

• Choose whichever car you want
  • While the demo is running, press B 5 times then hold UP + RIGHT and press start to start at Snow White Line
  • Play until Game Over (be quick with your picture on the Game Over screen, the screen that shows the map of the course)
  • Highest score wins
  • Genre: Sports

May the fastest be the most sportiest player of 2023!

The contest ends Sunday, 09/03/23 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

• Like 1

Good rule set! My thumb thanks you.

EDIT: I actually prefer we start at Los Angeles Night Way because it's fun, and  it's where the high difficulty really starts to kick in. But let's see what others think.

Edited by mbd39

10 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Good rule set! My thumb thanks you.

EDIT: I actually prefer we start at Los Angeles Night Way because it's fun, and  it's where the high difficulty really starts to kick in. But let's see what others think.

I said the same thing in the Guardian Legend thread, but this works fine for me. Now that the rules are posted, I don't really have a burning desire to add another course.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I said the same thing in the Guardian Legend thread, but this works fine for me. Now that the rules are posted, I don't really have a burning desire to add another course.

I considered it, but that would be half of the game so I decided to go for just the 3 last stages to make it tough, but also quick to get a run in and repeat to fix small mistakes.
It will be a close week of competition.

9 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

I considered it, but that would be half of the game so I decided to go for just the 3 last stages to make it tough, but also quick to get a run in and repeat to fix small mistakes.
It will be a close week of competition.

Yeah, I got two runs in and I think there was a 21 point difference between the two so the scores should be close.