IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Tournament Finals!

BeaIank

4 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

The burden of proof should be on the accused

As a criminal defense attorney, this statement is making my head spin. Please, please, if you ever make it onto a jury, please read the jury instructions very carefully several times over. In first world countries, the burden of proof is always on the prosecution for obvious reasons. Its kind of a pillar of civilized society. God knows what jail cell @Bearcat-Doug and @docile tapeworm would be sharing right now without the heavy burden of proof placed on the state in criminal prosecutions. 

That nerdy sentiment aside, I really sympathize with the good doctor, @Dr. Morbis here. From janky photos to seemingly impossible feats, I have always wondered whats up with vega. He is either a savant who can break any game, but has trouble with taking simple photos, or someone who is having a lot of fun with us. And with his passion, which sometimes looks like rage, morbis is kind of the perfect target.

I honestly dont know and would feel terrible if it was all legit, but I get dr morbis calling it into question. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

I mean, why not?  If something smells fishy, it's probably fish.  The burden of proof should be on the accused, and personally, I'd rather know who my accuser confront me face to face.  That said, the good doctor is a hyper competitive dude IRL, and is very outspoken when he thinks he's been wronged, whether or not he actually was.  Honestly, short of people posting their full runs, he's always going to think shenanigans are involved when he gets beat by a wide margin.

I’m guessing he’s real fun at parties.

Being competitive doesn’t mean you have to hijack a contest thread with accusations of cheating, and to call people using emulators scum ( or something along those lines) is an absolute garbage thing to do. 
If he doesn’t  like an honor based forum contest, then maybe he shouldn’t play. Maybe it’s time to bow oot and do something else. 

I won’t play anymore of these games if he’s involved. The things he says leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It’s like shit talking but more personal.

I’m gonna have to go back through every contest thread for the year to see how many times I played all week long, just to have the doctor beat me by a few points or completely crush my score. 
I think he’s the real cheat. You know, since we are now calling people who are better than us cheats. 

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

ow it's cool that you posted an emulator video, but in this crazy age of deep-fakes and AI and TAS's and all that stuff you'll forgive me for not putting too much credence in your video, especially when a menu with words like, "config, tools, and debug" are staring back at me through the entire playthrough.

Lemme guess…. The kids and parents in school shootings are crisis actors…

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

As a criminal defense attorney, this statement is making my head spin. Please, please, if you ever make it onto a jury, please read the jury instructions very carefully several times over. In first world countries, the burden of proof is always on the prosecution for obvious reasons. Its kind of a pillar of civilized society. God knows what jail cell @Bearcat-Doug and @docile tapeworm would be sharing right now without the heavy burden of proof placed on the state in criminal prosecutions. 

That nerdy sentiment aside, I really sympathize with the good doctor, @Dr. Morbis here. From janky photos to seemingly impossible feats, I have always wondered whats up with vega. He is either a savant who can break any game, but has trouble with taking simple photos, or someone who is having a lot of fun with us. And with his passion, which sometimes looks like rage, morbis is kind of the perfect target.

I honestly dont know and would feel terrible if it was all legit, but I get dr morbis calling it into question. 

Yeah, my wording is pretty terrible.  I meant that he should be able to show how it was possible to do the feat.  Like valid concerns were raised, and he addressed the concerns by showing its actually possible.  Basically saying like there's no way I can get from one place to another in 20 minutes, but then he shows that there's a route that can absolutely get you there in time.

9 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Being competitive doesn’t mean you have to hijack a contest thread with accusations of cheating, and to call people using emulators scum ( or something along those lines) is an absolute garbage thing to do. 
If he doesn’t  like an honor based forum contest, then maybe he shouldn’t play. Maybe it’s time to bow oot and do something else. 

I won’t play anymore of these games if he’s involved. The things he says leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It’s like shit talking but more personal.

He's usually okay actually, although there's been a few occasions. But yeah, sometimes he takes shit a bit too seriously.

6 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

I’m gonna have to go back through every contest thread for the year to see how many times I played all week long, just to have the doctor beat me by a few points or completely crush my score. 
I think he’s the real cheat. You know, since we are now calling people who are better than us cheats. 

He actually plays the entire week as well.  He just chooses not to post his pictures until the end so nobody has a chance to beat him.  I personally don't like doing that.  I like discussing the strategies I use, and trying to help everyone get better.  Especially if I really like a game.  But then, I honestly don't care about winning or losing.

Frankly, if you enjoy playing the games, then keep playing.  You always have the option to mute him, and you'll still see his scores in the scoreboard. 

Oh, and for the record, the only reason I didn't play at all this year was because I looked at the game list and not a single one interested me.  If I'm gonna be playing for fun, I want to actually have fun playing 😆 

11 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

When you're "shit talking" someone for some sort of character deficit, it's usually a good idea to avoid exhibiting the exact same behaviour that you supposedly decry. 😉  And I've seen enough of your posts in the Everything Else forum over the years to know exactly what kind of "man" you really are...

16 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Fair enough.  I'll take some time to think about it over the winter and let you know in the spring what I decide.  The last thing I want to do is get in the way of your attendance in the NES weeklies...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Fair enough.  I'll take some time to think about it over the winter and let you know in the spring what I decide.  The last thing I want to do is get in the way of your attendance in the NES weeklies...

Oh please continue playing. We all know you have some more cheating accusations to throw around.😂

1 minute ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Naw man, if even one delicate flower were to wilt due to something I've written on the internet, I won't be able to live with myself...

You lose and call the better player a cheater and I’m the delicate flower ? 

Do you have a mirror? Do you have a black kettle ? Are you a pot ? 

I was really hoping to get a 9 paragraph post oot of you like you gave @BlackVega

Such a disappointment. 

Just now, Dr. Morbis said:

This kind:

Hmm…. What’s that have to do with anything? You acted like I was some sort of “man” that only you saw. I posted this for the whole VAGS to see. 
I can post more threads and comments i have made if you’d like. Maybe save you the trouble of proving what kind of “man” I am. 

Hey if we're jumping in and defending people.

Rich and I have had our differences. But he's a stand up dude and more often than not was the only light during some of my darkest days. More than willing to always offer help even if it puts him out. 

This thread is nearly as silly as REKT at this point. Imma send out a championship prize pack. Probably lurk some other threads and disappear into oblivion again. Maybe. 

Edited by SuperJimtendo
  • Like 3
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Richardhead said:

Hmm…. What’s that have to do with anything? You acted like I was some sort of “man” that only you saw. I posted this for the whole VAGS to see. 
I can post more threads and comments i have made if you’d like. Maybe save you the trouble of proving what kind of “man” I am. 

Hey man, you asked; you literally asked!  So there's your answer in that thread right there.  What kind of man are you?  Simple answer: the lowest of the low.

1 minute ago, SuperJimtendo said:

Hey if we're jumping in and defending people.

Rich and I have had our differences. But he's a stand up dude and more often than not was the only light during some of my darkest days. More than willing to always offer help even if it puts him out. 

This thread is nearly as silly as REKT at this point. Imma send out a championship prize pack. Probably lurk some other threads and disappear into oblivion again. Maybe. 

Goddammit!

Now we have to be friends again! 

IMG_6820.jpeg

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 1