IGNORED

T-Pac's Ink-Tober 2023

T-Pac

…..damn it how can I make this difficult. I have to keep the tradition alive!

Player 1 & 2 from Space War

IMG_2257.jpeg.4cc306fcc555ca1b3eff0c64b78c3aa7.jpeg

You can cheat and look at other screenshots.

TECHNICALLY if vector screens still were popular and we made complex games with them today I could fit your sprite limit with an ultra complicated character, and still be 0x0px wide.

Bonus points if you make Nerves (Abadox) & Final Form God Kefka (FF6) playing the machine :V ... Bau (Abadox) not needed, but he's probably at home crying for Nerves to come back...

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Wow! 1

On 10/1/2023 at 9:04 AM, T-Pac said:

01 - Ryu from Ninja Gaiden [Nintendo Entertainment System - 1989]

@Sumez - I'm actually kinda glad you threw the Ryu sprite back at me. But you always pull out some great obscure stuff on your own, too, so you better make more suggestions!

I went for a slick 'Samurai Jack' feel here, which was probably a bit ambitious since I'm still out-of-practice doing long, clean lines with my drawing-pen. But I didn't mess up too bad after all haha.

[T-Pac]

image.png.4a475cba67affcb5ae23a1026388f04d.png

It's really amazing how you can take such a well known character and make it unique. It also gives me an idea! How about Simon Belmont?

543760_1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Graphics Team · Posted
22 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

…..damn it how can I make this difficult. I have to keep the tradition alive!

Player 1 & 2 from Space War

IMG_2257.jpeg.4cc306fcc555ca1b3eff0c64b78c3aa7.jpeg

You can cheat and look at other screenshots.

TECHNICALLY if vector screens still were popular and we made complex games with them today I could fit your sprite limit with an ultra complicated character, and still be 0x0px wide.

Bonus points if you make Nerves (Abadox) & Final Form God Kefka (FF6) playing the machine :V ... Bau (Abadox) not needed, but he's probably at home crying for Nerves to come back...

Sorry, dude - but I'm making everybody play by the rules this year.
Sprites only, 32x32 pixels or less.

You're an Astrocade guy, right? Maybe you can find me something good from there.

[T-Pac]

1 hour ago, T-Pac said:

04 - Nigito from The Wing of Madoola [Nintendo Famicom - 1986]

@AverageOliver98 I've never even heard of this game, but I love the sprites you pulled from it! This one reminded me of some kind of Power Ranger knight.

[T-Pac]

image.png.d62a5441ffec95fd79b71fc22f716aef.png

Awesome work! Before last week, I wasn't aware of The Wings of Madoola either, just saw the Spriters Resource page and thought 'This could be interesting'. (the same thinking behind last year's 'Incredible Wizard')

Events Helper · Posted

I don't know how to rip sprites etc.  But what about the octopus playable character from parodius da.  One of my favorite shmups.  If it was suggested or whatever in a previous year, then just ignore me......

image.png.01d5c325e795095dc5082827284ff833.png  

Best i could do was snip the gameplay i had up.......

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted
23 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

In celebration of knocking out the TG16 set how bout the star from the last game I got, Hero Tonma!

image.png.043da55a05c49c7c656e16c1fcbf00e1.png

Sorry if the sprites aren’t exactly to size!

14 hours ago, SNESNESCUBE64 said:

I couldn't think of anything so I nominate my boy but baby.

You guys are really pushing the rules here, but the last Baby Yoshi sprite is technically in the 32x32 pixel limit, and as far as I can tell, Tonma is exactly 32. So you get a begrudging pass haha.

I'll take this as an opportunity to do the same PSA I do every year, though:

I honestly appreciate all suggestions, but PLEASE try to keep them in the spirit of what I'm trying to do here: make fun original artwork of sprites that have NEVER been represented as cartoons before.
If you can just look at the box-art or do a Google search to see a drawing of the character you picked (or if the sprite is detailed enough to look like a cartoon already) - that takes a lot of the fun out of it for me.

Again - I'm happy to have the engagement with my annual silly doodle thread, but it can be frustrating when I get several suggestions that feel like "Hey, you draw? You should draw Sonic."

Let's be more creative here - pick stuff that has never ever been seen as anything but a barely-distinguishable sprite. (And a sincere thank-you to everyone who understands the prompt and submits unique stuff - you keep me motivated to keep doing this every year - shoutout to @Link and @AverageOliver98 in particular for really "getting it").

[T-Pac]

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, T-Pac said:

You guys are really pushing the rules here, but the last Baby Yoshi sprite is technically in the 32x32 pixel limit, and as far as I can tell, Tonma is exactly 32. So you get a begrudging pass haha.

I'll take this as an opportunity to do the same PSA I do every year, though:

I honestly appreciate all suggestions, but PLEASE try to keep them in the spirit of what I'm trying to do here: make fun original artwork of sprites that have NEVER been represented as cartoons before.
If you can just look at the box-art or do a Google search to see a drawing of the character you picked (or if the sprite is detailed enough to look like a cartoon already) - that takes a lot of the fun out of it for me.

Again - I'm happy to have the engagement with my annual silly doodle thread, but it can be frustrating when I get several suggestions that feel like "Hey, you draw? You should draw Sonic."

Let's be more creative here - pick stuff that has never ever been seen as anything but a barely-distinguishable sprite. (And a sincere thank-you to everyone who understands the prompt and submits unique stuff - you keep me motivated to keep doing this every year - shoutout to @Link and @AverageOliver98 in particular for really "getting it").

[T-Pac]

Apologies, skip mine if you want. I didn't follow the rules, I'll see if I can find something neat.

• Thanks 1

Administrator · Posted

I was worried my Benny Bookworm was too stylized already and not in the spirit of what you wanted.  The only saving grace I suppose is it's a very random character - although googling now, I can see there are other interpretations, maybe from other source material that the game actually pulled from.  Sorry about that!

These always impress me every year and thank you for doing them!

My request this year is one of the Ice Hockey player sprites. The RBI baseball pitcher you did a few years back was adorable and Id love to see your take on some more generic athlete sprites!download.png.17b7afb290f6a4061fee6613d3157fee.png

Edited by Kguillemette
  • Like 2