IGNORED

Limited Run Games

12 hours ago, Sumez said:

My own unlikely hopes:

Pizza Tower for Switch (unlikely they'd announce a physical at the same time they announce a port, probably)
Cruelty Squad (same thing)
Ghosts n Goblins Resurrection (another one of the best games ever made that's never had a physical release)
Post Void (console version digital release was published by a company that also does physical releases, but never announced any physical for it)

Much more likely ones:
Gravity Circuit
Bomb Rush Cyberfunk
Sea of Stars

Edit: webhead just reminded me of Super Cyborg as well! I've been wanting a physical of that for a decade or so, but with the recent Switch port that's actually a possibility now. 

Though ultimately I hope a better publisher gets those games, ideally an international wide release, LRG is always more realistic.

Someone needs to @ me when Ghosts n Goblins Resurrection gets a physical release.

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Editorials Team · Posted
On 6/26/2023 at 1:13 AM, Sumez said:

The game that got a physical release 15 years ago?

Not.on a handheld, and I ain't plugging my 360 in!

On 6/26/2023 at 3:04 PM, DefaultGen said:

Someone needs to @ me when Ghosts n Goblins Resurrection gets a physical release.

They've never signed Capcom

There's a first to everything. If Capcom were gonna do a physical for GnGR they would have done so by now, so one of those external publishers need to take a swing for it. Unfortunately LRG is the most likely contender, and they've been working with big companies like Konami before.

24 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

In for Castlevania, El Shaddai, Gex Trilogy, Tomba, Rise.of the Triad, Clock Tower, and maybe some new games pending reviews.

I saw about four things I wanted - I just skimmed through it though since I get really bored watching trailers for stuff I don't have the least interest in.  I will have to go through it again and write the titles down.

Another Crusade

Arzette: The Jewel of Faramore

Castlevania Advance Collection

Chicory

Clock Tower

Colossal Cave

DoubleShake

Dungeons of Aether

El-Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron

Gargoyles Remastered

Gex Trilogy

Jurassic Park

Jurassic Park Classic Games Collection

Jurassic Park: The Chaos Continues 

Karateka

Koumajou Remilia: Scarlet Symphony

Kyukyoku Tiger-Heli Collection

Midnight Fight Express

Odencat‘s Paradise

Plumbers Don’t Wear Ties: Definitive Edition

Rise of the Triad Ludicrous Edition

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Complete Edition

Rose & Camellia Collection

Shantae Advance: Risky Revolution

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Soundtrack Collection

Tomba!

This Way Madness Lies

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure what to make of that list.

Shantae as it's on GBA media I'd grab that since I have the GBC game, sucks it's them, so 9mo after sale it should arrive? 😛

Tomba I was never huge on, had it on PS before, but I'd grab that on Steam (sale)
Rise of the Triad, same but not PS, DOS game

Clock Tower, never had it, never bothered with the patched (eng) ROM, so I'd check that on PC too.  Castlevania handheld games bundle I already have on Steam so yay.

I'm not familiar with the others and I limit what new games I buy anymore, especially from LRG given fomo antics and delays but who knows.

On 6/25/2023 at 10:37 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

I'm gonna say:

• Castlevania Advance Collection
  • Quake II
  • Blade of Darkness
  • Something Star Wars
  • Sea of Stars

I'm going to hope against odds for:

• Star Ocean
  • Portals
  • The Last Remnant
  • Neon White
  • The Witness (why is this not ported? and why has it never gotten a physical?)

On 6/26/2023 at 10:51 AM, Sumez said:

My own unlikely hopes:

Pizza Tower for Switch (unlikely they'd announce a physical at the same time they announce a port, probably)
Cruelty Squad (same thing)
Ghosts n Goblins Resurrection (another one of the best games ever made that's never had a physical release)
Post Void (console version digital release was published by a company that also does physical releases, but never announced any physical for it)

Much more likely ones:
Gravity Circuit
Bomb Rush Cyberfunk
Sea of Stars

I realise that some of these were high hopes, but I'm a little shocked that across both of our lists, only the CV Advance collection was a hit. And that one was a given.

On 6/25/2023 at 8:37 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

The Witness (why is this not ported? and why has it never gotten a physical?)

Jonathan Blow hates physical media (for all sorts of reasons: money, environment, the futurism of digital distribution). He is super opinionated about technology and I am 100% sure we will never get a physical The Witness unfortunately. We did manage to get a budget PC release of Braid physically though.