IGNORED

Limited Run Games

18 hours ago, Sumez said:

An upgraded(??) version of Trip World is something I'd never expected to see. Can't really pass over this one 😞 

The original is insanely expensive... just cartridges are hundreds of dollars 👾

Screenshot-from-2023-04-19-19-21-12.png

Edited by avatar!

Trip World is amazing, I couldn't double dip on that one in black and white again, but that DX release is tempting.

Retrobit involved at all, or this is where we are forced to buy from them like with Shantae?  I saw Hammerin Harry 1+2 are coming, they are retrobit which LRG will distribute but also Castlemania which likely means getting it notably sooner.  With how damn expensive Daiku no Gensan is now I'm tempted to drop the $100 on the double box as I've wanted to own them for years, might as well get fresh n' new in english.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Trip World is amazing, I couldn't double dip on that one in black and white again, but that DX release is tempting.

Retrobit involved at all, or this is where we are forced to buy from them like with Shantae?  I saw Hammerin Harry 1+2 are coming, they are retrobit which LRG will distribute but also Castlemania which likely means getting it notably sooner.  With how damn expensive Daiku no Gensan is now I'm tempted to drop the $100 on the double box as I've wanted to own them for years, might as well get fresh n' new in english.

Retrobit is not involved in Trip World. This is Limited Run doing it all in-house like they did for Shantae, Spanky’s Quest, Metal Masters, etc. They are working with Sunsoft and it sounds like LRG has an internal team making the changes to the original ROM to add color and so on.

Well I put up with them for Shantae, and not knowing it was retrobit at the time Avenging Spirit too which annoyingly took longer which is why I asked.  I don't buy a lot of games as I used to, stuff I want to play, and THOSE I want to play, especially Harry, Trip World DX is kind of a colorized pleasurable extra since I own an original.  I'm kind of over almost all pet projects, stupid fomo, and some other vanity garbage but that rare case something does drop I would legitimately want it I'll grab it, even if it has to be LRG or nothing.  I'm hoping I see my Valis Collection Vol2 sometime this year.

Trip World is one of the most hidden yet clearly not style "gems" of the old DMG that never annoyingly made it stateside.  Much like Twinbee and Parodius, they're in english, in England/UK, just no tin the USA.  Same with Trip World, quality release Japan and they got, we didn't.  The animation, detail, audio are on a high end tier for the device, Sunsoft really went all out.  The only thing it lacks, other than the final boss really, is difficulty.

It may even be little mermaid easy. 😉

4 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Trip World is one of the most hidden yet clearly not style "gems" of the old DMG that never annoyingly made it stateside.  Much like Twinbee and Parodius, they're in english, in England/UK, just no tin the USA.  Same with Trip World, quality release Japan and they got, we didn't.  The animation, detail, audio are on a high end tier for the device, Sunsoft really went all out.  The only thing it lacks, other than the final boss really, is difficulty.

It may even be little mermaid easy. 😉

It's part of that rarity lore like Mr Gimmick or Little Samson i think that's how most people know about it. I've been looking on and off to perhaps snap one up but that white JAP box never seems quite pristine there's always this layer of dirt on it. 

21 hours ago, cartman said:

It's part of that rarity lore like Mr Gimmick or Little Samson i think that's how most people know about it. I've been looking on and off to perhaps snap one up but that white JAP box never seems quite pristine there's always this layer of dirt on it. 

Yeah that I've seen, the stickers get bad too, mine has two triangles of like browning where those corners make it seem like it's home plate at a baseball field with the tip on the bottom center...sucks, but it cost me $50 over a decade ago which was then even cheap, now even more so ...so I tolerate it.

I have no idea why they didn't bother to notify, but the other day I had a black bubble bag surprise me in the mail and within was Valis Collection Vol 2 for Switch and they threw in a card too which I didn't pay extra for that matches it.

Currently have nothing left from them to wait on.  Though looking at the Hammerin Harry and Trip World DX info bombs days ago, and they control one, I may have to add something into the wait until next year list again.

10 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

This (SNES version) was the only game that made me call the Nintendo Power Hotline. I asked them how I call the boat to come rescue me and they laid out the 3 or 4 things I needed to do in order. I was amazed this person just had this information off the top of his head, or so I thought.

I also remember I got stuck by pushing myself behind an open door on the ship and had to restart the entire game because there's no save system. I played for days to get back to that point and I was curious if I could do it again and apparently I could. I had to play for days again after resetting a second time. I didn't want to try again.

11 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

This (SNES version) was the only game that made me call the Nintendo Power Hotline. I asked them how I call the boat to come rescue me and they laid out the 3 or 4 things I needed to do in order. I was amazed this person just had this information off the top of his head, or so I thought.

I also remember I got stuck by pushing myself behind an open door on the ship and had to restart the entire game because there's no save system. I played for days to get back to that point and I was curious if I could do it again and apparently I could. I had to play for days again after resetting a second time. I didn't want to try again.

The closest I ever came to completing the game was finishing all tasks including calling the helicopter.  I made it to the helipad, but before the game ends, you have to also collect every Raptor egg.  I was missing one and I searched all over looking for it, but I never found it.  I eventually turned the game off without finding it and technically, I've never beaten the game because of it.  

Despite the game being "open world," the tasks are pretty linear.  At one point in time, I was able to fly through the game pretty quickly since I had the route memorized, but I would certainly need a guide to do it again today.

Edited by TDIRunner

Jurassic Park (SNES) must have been hugely popular. i grew up with the NES version, and whenever people would come over, that was one that they'd always point out and want to play. Once we got going, they were disappointed. I have always assumed it was because they expected the SNES game (or a reasonable port) and what they got was something completely different.

1 hour ago, twiztor said:

Jurassic Park (SNES) must have been hugely popular. i grew up with the NES version, and whenever people would come over, that was one that they'd always point out and want to play. Once we got going, they were disappointed. I have always assumed it was because they expected the SNES game (or a reasonable port) and what they got was something completely different.

Dude.....Jurassic Park was the pinnacle of popular culture in 1993, dinosaurs in 1990 were what zombies are today. Everything was dinosaurs.

And you had Jurassic Park for NES? I don't mean to let the under-priced gem out of the bag but this was a 1993 release so I'm surprised to be talking to anyone that owned it. To put that in perspective, Little Samson was released in 1992 and that's considered a late release.

23 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

This is the first retro rerelease that LRG has done that I've had a lot of nostalgia for.  I used to play the SNES JP all the time.  It was one of my favorite SNES games.  I might consider that one depending on how they offer it (and the price).

I hope it's one Switch title with a compilation of all the Jurassic Park games and not like, one game on a cartridge and it's like 5 Switch releases in total. 

14 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

I hope it's one Switch title with a compilation of all the Jurassic Park games and not like, one game on a cartridge and it's like 5 Switch releases in total. 

I'm pretty sure that it will be one game per release, on cartridges for the original systems they were released for (NES, SNES, Game Boy).  Unless there is already a digital only compilation of the Nintendo JP games out there, I wouldn't expect anything like that.  

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Dude.....Jurassic Park was the pinnacle of popular culture in 1993, dinosaurs in 1990 were what zombies are today. Everything was dinosaurs.

And you had Jurassic Park for NES? I don't mean to let the under-priced gem out of the bag but this was a 1993 release so I'm surprised to be talking to anyone that owned it. To put that in perspective, Little Samson was released in 1992 and that's considered a late release.

oh, i remember JP being everywhere back then. My point was moreso that everyone seemed to have and love the SNES version, and there was always disappointment when they started playing the NES.
makes sense, i never had the SNES growing up ("you already have a Nintendo. why don't you get some neighborhood kids together and start a baseball game?") so my NES got a lot of mileage until i bought an n64 on my own.