IGNORED

Limited Run Games

1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

Good luck. The RetroZone version is listed for $2600 and the Flashback version is listed for $3500. I didn't see any other website releases listed.

I know I saw a Flashback release for $50 not long ago. I think people posting thousands for this are just hoping someone who doesn't know much but has a ton of cash decides this is the real deal...

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Good luck. The RetroZone version is listed for $2600 and the Flashback version is listed for $3500. I didn't see any other website releases listed.

If it is listed at that amount, but does not commonly sell for that amount, then it is not worth that amount.

Pretty much my way of saying that the sold samples are more the definite answer to how much they are worth. With those following the 'sold' numbers being the ones who will sell theirs rather quickly. 😉

The larger problem is the repeated attempts, and the dummies that perhaps even pay 3 figures for effectively warez, bootlegs, counterfeits, knockoffs.  Kind of creates the problem if you feed the troll.  It's possible this could have been popped on a NES cart, it was a choice not to, whatever the reason and likely just cost savings.

2 hours ago, FenrirZero said:

If it is listed at that amount, but does not commonly sell for that amount, then it is not worth that amount.

Pretty much my way of saying that the sold samples are more the definite answer to how much they are worth. With those following the 'sold' numbers being the ones who will sell theirs rather quickly. 😉

We were discussing whether you could get them for $50, not what they're worth. You can't buy from the sold samples.

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

We were discussing whether you could get them for $50, not what they're worth. You can't buy from the sold samples.

page thread GIF

And your response is why I find you to be egotistical, arrogant, condescending, and annoying. 😑

For beginners, your sudden claim contradicts the actual facts at hand. With this being the entire the actual conversation before I gave you a response:

On 5/13/2023 at 6:40 PM, avatar! said:

I know a few people released repros of Mr. Gimmick for the NES, you can probably find them on ebay and other places for around $50. At the end of the day, an official release by Sunsoft would have rocked, but I understand why they opted not to do so.

Take note that @avatar! is the only person in that conversation who has brought up the $50 mark.

11 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

With you saying "Good luck." (with me hearing "Good luck finding it at that price!") before you cite the amount sellers are asking for. Your response, at this point, contradicts your dismissal of what I had said. Because you did not convey anything beyond what sounds like you are saying this is the new value.

11 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

RetroUSB  Gimmick sells pretty consistently for $200-350

And finally, note that @RegularGuyGamer responds to you with a comment that I chose to agree with. Does he also bring up the $50 bit you have claimed? No. He is not saying that you can get that for $50, as you are claiming the conversation is all about, but what it is really worth.

Which makes your response to me not a lazy form of gaslighting, but just you being both arrogant and lazy. Because all I am hearing is that you cannot even put an effort with those who question your given statements. With it being an irony for me seeing that I have been backpedaling from the days I sounded like that! 😅

But seriously... I am literate. I do research. And I responded to what you said. So please, just stop. Thank you. 😩

Administrator · Posted

@FenrirZero I'm not sure what your issue is with him, but your response seems way over the top, argumentative, and inviting negativity into the thread.  There was no need for you to devolve to name-calling and continue on a diatribe against him for a comment in this thread.

Please take that elsewhere and/or try to be more constructive in the thread.

On 5/12/2023 at 1:34 PM, avatar! said:

The original Gimmick! used 3 additional channels for the music - this is only possible on the Famicom since the NES could not support that. So, an NES release would either not include the beautiful famicom music, which for many is the highlight of this game, or it would not be playable on the NES/clones.

The NES can play the expanded audio with mod or with the unit that plugs into the expansion slot.

I also had my copy of Gimmick made with the expanded audio for like $40 by an NA member, not including shipping. I threw it into a RetroUSB shell and printed my own label. They're on AliExpress for $20 shipped right now but INL has been making compatible boards for a decade now. It shouldn't be an issue getting a Gimmick repro at all. 

If anyone is paying over parte and assembly costs, they're doing it for brand name and not the game. The boards have been out since 2014. 

Edited by RegularGuyGamer

10 hours ago, spacepup said:

@FenrirZero I'm not sure what your issue is with him, but your response seems way over the top, argumentative, and inviting negativity into the thread.  There was no need for you to devolve to name-calling and continue on a diatribe against him for a comment in this thread.

Please take that elsewhere and/or try to be more constructive in the thread.

I'm saying this here because you also shot down one of my past requests, which contributed to the reason why I cannot be a Dragon Quest fan these days. If you need to know why, look up what long-term abuse can do to those with anxiety.

So you want to know my issues with him?

He had an issue with me saying that I have Asperger's, which I was diagnosed with on January, 2005. And instead of him looking it up so he could understand why I use that diagnosis, I wasted my time trying to make it clear that the diagnosis was still valid as long as was made before the DSM-5 was published in 2013.

Then there is everything he said to me when I brought up Square's Tom Sawyer. Nothing he said was a response to what I was saying. Nor did he even act like the game existed, as per the constant use of the book's title. At that point did I not only give up trying to be rational with him, I left both that talking point and my goals of getting the game behind.

And now? I have been reading everything this topic has to offer since page 1. By the time I got to his response, only one member brought up the thought that said game could be bought for $50. It was not him, as he stated that the current asking price was in the four digits. Another said otherwise, and I followed that reply with what I said.

I was ultimately told that the topic was something that he did not make it out to be. And he acted like what I said was something that was anything but the point I was making to him.

But seeing that you know him better than me, and you having the opportunity to just PM me about this (as opposed to take issue with what I said as a way to defend him), that is all I am going to say. Because I give up.

With one reason being that his response to what I said is considered gaslighting. It is one of the things I am still getting over, circa a long winded scenario in 2012. With the site's founder/owner letting the member do it because that member gave his site news and data (that, ironically, brought in fans like me).

Until then... I'll do you an obvious solid and make this my last reply on this forum until you are wiling to resolve this by getting to know me. Via PM. And I say that because your response is nothing new to me, but is still demoralizing to somebody like me. Especially since I care about VGS in a way you do not know.

So sorry to everybody for the rant... But... Yeah, I give up on thinking me returning would not be a mistake. 😑

• Sad 1

Moderator · Posted

Ok that’s a lot to unpack there for a post in LRG, so I’m just going to be brief.

Please don’t leave. Please be a Dragon Quest fan, especially wherever it relates to the Dragon Warrior games.

Please defend yourself when you feel someone isn’t actually engaging your conversation and is just saying what they want to say, but please do be civil even if you don’t like them. Especially if you don’t like them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

As much as i love Gimmick, I just had no desire to upgrade for a plush and a CD. I did like the pin but I can't justify that price tag for those extras. I wonder why they went for a plush instead of a steel book or something that didn't take up so much shelf space. 

Felt the same about turtles.  Damn did I want that mini arcade cabinet and the music, but that price tag was garbage.

On 5/15/2023 at 7:38 PM, FenrirZero said:

I'm saying this here because you also shot down one of my past requests, which contributed to the reason why I cannot be a Dragon Quest fan these days. If you need to know why, look up what long-term abuse can do to those with anxiety.

So you want to know my issues with him?

He had an issue with me saying that I have Asperger's, which I was diagnosed with on January, 2005. And instead of him looking it up so he could understand why I use that diagnosis, I wasted my time trying to make it clear that the diagnosis was still valid as long as was made before the DSM-5 was published in 2013.

Then there is everything he said to me when I brought up Square's Tom Sawyer. Nothing he said was a response to what I was saying. Nor did he even act like the game existed, as per the constant use of the book's title. At that point did I not only give up trying to be rational with him, I left both that talking point and my goals of getting the game behind.

And now? I have been reading everything this topic has to offer since page 1. By the time I got to his response, only one member brought up the thought that said game could be bought for $50. It was not him, as he stated that the current asking price was in the four digits. Another said otherwise, and I followed that reply with what I said.

I was ultimately told that the topic was something that he did not make it out to be. And he acted like what I said was something that was anything but the point I was making to him.

But seeing that you know him better than me, and you having the opportunity to just PM me about this (as opposed to take issue with what I said as a way to defend him), that is all I am going to say. Because I give up.

With one reason being that his response to what I said is considered gaslighting. It is one of the things I am still getting over, circa a long winded scenario in 2012. With the site's founder/owner letting the member do it because that member gave his site news and data (that, ironically, brought in fans like me).

Until then... I'll do you an obvious solid and make this my last reply on this forum until you are wiling to resolve this by getting to know me. Via PM. And I say that because your response is nothing new to me, but is still demoralizing to somebody like me. Especially since I care about VGS in a way you do not know.

So sorry to everybody for the rant... But... Yeah, I give up on thinking me returning would not be a mistake. 😑

I normally wouldn't waste my time replying but I have so many questions......

I had a problem with you saying you have Asperger's? When? How could I have a problem with that when I have very openly admitted that I also have Asperger's Syndrome (officially renamed to High Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder)? What you're saying doesn't make any sense.

I said something to you about Tom Sawyer? I've never played the game, I've never read the book, I have no basis participating in anything to do with a conversation about Tom Sawyer. What could I possibly have said?

I'm very confused.

Administrator · Posted
3 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I normally wouldn't waste my time replying but I have so many questions......

I had a problem with you saying you have Asperger's? When? How could I have a problem with that when I have very openly admitted that I also have Asperger's Syndrome (officially renamed to High Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder)? What you're saying doesn't make any sense.

I said something to you about Tom Sawyer? I've never played the game, I've never read the book, I have no basis participating in anything to do with a conversation about Tom Sawyer. What could I possibly have said?

I'm very confused.

Re: Tom Sawyer - you were recently confused about how the cover for the Japanese Famicom game could be considered racist (and you weren't previously aware that the game existed). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gloves said:

Re: Tom Sawyer - you were recently confused about how the cover for the Japanese Famicom game could be considered racist (and you weren't previously aware that the game existed). 

Oh, you're right. I wasn't mad about that, I have no problem with it. I mean, I still don't understand the racist part but it seems like I never will. How would anyone get offended over me not understanding something?

Anyway, I don't want to take away from the topic here too much, I got the answer I was looking for. We can carry on.

Thanks.

• Eyeroll 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got this from LRG --

Hello there!

As part of our work to improve shipping times and customer service, we’re working on a new initiative to keep our customers informed about how their purchases are coming along. At Limited Run, we believe that everyone should have a chance at their favorite game, so we’ve shied away from first-come-first-serve limited sales in favor of manufacturing enough games to meet the demand of the fans. Because of that, our items cannot go into manufacturing until the day after pre-orders end. We want to make sure that you know where your items are in that process at any given time, so we’re committing to send out updates 2, 5 and 8 months after your pre-orders close.

If you are getting this email, you pre-ordered an item that closed 8 or 9 months ago. We acknowledge that that’s a really long time to wait, even for something as cool as a Limited Run Collector’s Edition, and we’re sorry to keep you waiting. The good news is that you don’t have much longer, as most of our Collector’s Editions and other small items finish by the 9-month mark.

Read on to find out how things are going with your games:

Day of the Tentacle, Collector’s Editions

• Collector’s Editions - All components are either received, in production, or about to begin manufacturing. We expect this Edition to finish and ship in Q3 2023.

Frogun, Collector’s Editions

• All components are headed out to be kitted into the final product this week. We expect to have these in our warehouse in June, with shipping to start at the end of Q2 into the beginning of Q3.

DOOM 64, Collector’s Editions

• We're getting everything ready for the final product this week and should have it in our warehouse by the end of June. Shipping will start at the end of Q2 and go into the beginning of Q3.

DOOM Eternal, SteelBook, Special and Ultimate Editions

• SteelBook - This week, we are sending out all components to be assembled into the final product. Finished Steelbook eDITIONS are expected to arrive in our warehouse by the end of June and shipping will commence from the end of Q2 to the beginning of Q3.
  • Special - We’re waiting on receipt of two components which should arrive in June. Once those arrive, they will be sent off for kitting. They’ll be back in our warehouse for shipping in Q3.
  • Ultimate - A few components are still in the sampling phase, but we are looking to start manufacturing those missing pieces ASAP. Ultimate Editions are on track to ship as early as Q3.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II, Premium and Master Editions

• Premium -  The final two components for this edition are finishing manufacturing and will be en route to LRG shortly. After kitting, we expect these to ship in Q3 2023
  • Master - Only the mats and strategy guide remain, and these are currently manufacturing. We should be able to kit these and ship near the end of Q3 2023.

Phobos Dere .GB

• Manufacturing will complete within the next few weeks, and we should be shipping out of our warehouse in Q3 2023.

DoDonPachi: Resurrection & Espgaluda II, SteelBook Edition, Collector’s Edition and Arcade Cabinet

• Every component for these projects are complete, minus the box and final assembly.  The Arcade Peripherals are en route to our warehouse right now. We expect all of these items to ship to customers in Q3 2023.

Bub-O Escape!

• Final units are expected to arrive at our warehouse in June, with delivery to customers to commence in Q3.

Shantae PS5, Standard & Collector’s Editions + Statue

• Standard Edition - The PS5 version is en route from Sony and will be in hand soon. The PS4 version is still pending production with Sony.
  • Collector’s Edition- We’re still sampling components for this project. We are aiming to ship in Q3 2023.
  • Statue - We are still working on fine details with the creators to make sure that this statue turns out perfectly. We’ll have an update for you once it goes into final manufacturing.

Valis Collection 2, Collector’s Edition

• All components are complete and are on their way over to our kitting partner. Final units should be back to us in June for shipping in Q3. 

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap, Collector’s Edition

• The last component we’re waiting on (the USB) will be complete in June. The finished Collector’s Editions will ship in Q3. 

River City Girls 2

• Standard Editions - Switch and PS4 versions are currently shipping! Meanwhile, the PS5 version is waiting on a dev patch. The Xbox version has just begun manufacturing and will start shipping at the end of Q2 into Q3.
  • Classic - After the box and the game is complete, we can send the finished components to our kitting partner. We expect these to ship to customers in Q3 2023.
  • Ultimate - Our last component, the keychain, is finishing up this week! We’ll be able to kit these out after the Classic Editions are finished and begin shipping in Q3 2023.

Carrion VHS Edition

• Our final missing components are set to arrive in June, whereafter they will be sent for kitting. These will ship to customers in Q3 2023.

Enclave HD, Standard & Collector’s Editions

• Standard Editions - The physical builds for the game are still being worked on. The dev estimates them to be done near the end of June. Standard Editions should be in our warehouse and begin shipping mid-Q3.
  • Collector’s Editions - Components are being sampled and going into manufacturing, with completion slated around the same time that Standard Editions are complete. These will ship after the Standard Editions in Q3 2023.

Shadowrun Trilogy, Standard and Collector’s Editions

• Standard Edition - Switch and PS5 are currently shipping! The PS4 version has just arrived at our warehouse and will be added to our shipping queue shortly.
  • Collector’s Edition - Components are still in sampling, and we are on track to finish manufacturing towards the end of Q3.