IGNORED

Limited Run Games

Ugh I take back my defense of Special Reserve Games.

My order of three games finally landed here, and although "Tax" is covered on the order, import taxes have not been covered by them.
The taxes themselves aren't that bad, but the handling fee for the extra charge just about doubles that fee.

Shoddy practice, pretty much every other company offers duty paid shipping nowadays, and SRG's checkout process makes it appear like they do too. Glad I (hopefully) won't have to do business with them again.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Bill and Ted Retro Collection is reported to be delisted from the eshop on Jan 1st and “somehow” LRG “found” some more stock of their physical edition which just happen to pop up for sale on their site again over the past few days

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2023/12/bill-and-teds-excellent-retro-collection-is-about-to-be-delisted-on-the-switch-eshop#:~:text=If you've been considering,(thanks%2C Nintendo Everything).

Edited by LeatherRebel5150

19 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

The Bill and Ted Retro Collection is reported to be delisted from the eshop on Jan 1st and “somehow” LRG “found” some more stock of their physical edition which just happen to pop up for sale on their site again over the past few days

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2023/12/bill-and-teds-excellent-retro-collection-is-about-to-be-delisted-on-the-switch-eshop#:~:text=If you've been considering,(thanks%2C Nintendo Everything).

Hey, they could have jacked up the price but they are selling it for 10% off retail instead 

• 2 weeks later...

LRG sent an email today outlining that they partnered up with some other party to get your orders to you. Purple Dot. Now you’ll have the ability to split ship orders if one game in an order is ready and another is not. As well as all order tracking will shift to Purple Dot

Details

https://limitedrungames.com/pages/limited-run-is-partnered-with-purple-dot?omnisendContactID=647f99041a3d6b001927b318&utm_campaign=campaign%3A+Purple+Dot+Announcement+(659c1e62143b3087cdb304e9)&utm_medium=email&utm_source=omnisend

6 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

LRG sent an email today outlining that they partnered up with some other party to get your orders to you. Purple Dot. Now you’ll have the ability to split ship orders if one game in an order is ready and another is not. As well as all order tracking will shift to Purple Dot

That's good news..... if it doesn't mean their shipping prices are gonna get even higher again. Which they probably are 😬

1 hour ago, Sumez said:

That's good news..... if it doesn't mean their shipping prices are gonna get even higher again. Which they probably are 😬

Yeah... and what happened with this, customs are a killer of wallets:

https://limitedrungames.com/blogs/news/limited-run-shipping-initiatives-2023

"LRG EUROPE - COMING 2023

Finally, the most exciting change we’re making is implementing our European shipping branch to better serve our customers across the Atlantic. We’re partnering with GOE (Game Outlet Europe) out of Karlstad, Sweden, which will handle our warehouse and fulfillment operations. Alongside the new fulfillment center, Limited Run will launch a Europe-facing website around the same time.

We’ll have more details to share in the coming months, but you can expect our European operations to launch in 2023!"

tumbleweed GIF

• Haha 1

Well the Toplan Tiger shmup series is the first LRG title to catch my eye in over a year.

From pre-order to delivery, what are their turn around times like now? Back in the COVID days it was about one year.  Is it still the same?

Most of the orders I placed over the past couple of years have taken a year or longer to fullfill. But I actually ordered some things within the past half a year that have been shipped already, so it seems to have improved very recently.

I think it's very much a case-by-case basis however. I still have an order from summer 2022 that hasn't shipped yet.

• Wow! 1

13 minutes ago, Sumez said:

Most of the orders I placed over the past couple of years have taken a year or longer to fullfill. But I actually ordered some things within the past half a year that have been shipped already, so it seems to have improved very recently.

I think it's very much a case-by-case basis however. I still have an order from summer 2022 that hasn't shipped yet.

I'm curious, do you know anything about that 2022 order?  I know they don't ship an order until ALL of the items are in warehouse, so if you bundled, one item could be holding it up.  Still, you know what the hold up is?

I never expect anything to be fast with LRG.  I order it and I just expect it to arrive one day like an unexpected gift sent to myself rom the past.  It keeps me sane.  Still, I think 1.5 years sounds like a record to me.  Probably not, but that's sloooooow.

48 minutes ago, Sumez said:

33 minutes ago, RH said:

I'm curious, do you know anything about that 2022 order?  I know they don't ship an order until ALL of the items are in warehouse, so if you bundled, one item could be holding it up.  Still, you know what the hold up is?

I never expect anything to be fast with LRG.  I order it and I just expect it to arrive one day like an unexpected gift sent to myself rom the past.  It keeps me sane.  Still, I think 1.5 years sounds like a record to me.  Probably not, but that's sloooooow.

You can go into your account on LRG's website and look at your orders.  Within each order, you can check the status of each item.  From there, you should be able to determine which specific item is holding up the order.,

1 hour ago, RH said:

Rendering Ranger. 1.5 years definitely isn't a record, I've had at least three other orders last that long. Seems pretty standard 🙂 

14 hours ago, RH said:

Well the Toplan Tiger shmup series is the first LRG title to catch my eye in over a year.

From pre-order to delivery, what are their turn around times like now? Back in the COVID days it was about one year.  Is it still the same?

I have an order from Octopus that I just got a shipping email for today. It’s definitely picked up overall

I just got an email from LRG that my copy of Shadowrun Collectors Edition is arriving today - which is a step up since before all I got was a pretty worthless DHL tracking link.  This is a big step up since I like to get my stuff in as quickly as possible.

18 hours ago, RH said:

A big part of the wait time seems to be if you order the "regular" vs collector's edition. It seems like the extras for the collector's editions take far longer to produce than the actual game itself. Also, LRG will not ship any part of your order until everything is complete. So, even if say 4 out of 5 of your games are ready, they will wait however long until all of them are ready to go.

1 minute ago, avatar! said:

A big part of the wait time seems to be if you order the "regular" vs collector's edition. It seems like the extras for the collector's editions take far longer to produce than the actual game itself. Also, LRG will not ship any part of your order until everything is complete. So, even if say 4 out of 5 of your games are ready, they will wait however long until all of them are ready to go.

Oh, I'm aware.  I think I bought Billion Road with Axiom Verge 2, which was my last purchase.  I knew what happened but even though that was a game already in stock, they certainly did not split the order up.