IGNORED

Limited Run Games

18 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

You could have bought it digitally on release and then bought the physical a couple years ago and had the best of both worlds.  Hell, the physical is constantly on sale so you could go get it right now and have a great time.  It's on sale right now as we speak in fact..

Just saying.

I'm not paying double price for a game from a company that can't get organized enough to release both at the same time.

Ideally they should give a discount on the physical version to anyone that bought the digital version, or provide the digital version for free to anyone placing an order for the physical. When I buy a DVD, the digital copy of the movie is often included for free. When I bought tickets to see Jay-Z live, I got a free copy of his latest album emailed to me.

Charging the same price for digital and physical releases is bullshit.

• Agree 1

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

I'm not paying double price for a game from a company that can't get organized enough to release both at the same time.

Ideally they should give a discount on the physical version to anyone that bought the digital version, or provide the digital version for free to anyone placing an order for the physical. When I buy a DVD, the digital copy of the movie is often included for free. When I bought tickets to see Jay-Z live, I got a free copy of his latest album emailed to me.

You already got the discount on digital Cup Head. It was only $20 retail as it should be.  And the physical is $30 retail.  That's only 50% more.  

That said, I didn't buy the physical new Monkey Island game because I don't like double dipping.  But I couldn't wait so I opted for the discounted $20 version knowing I probably would have been more satisfied in the long run if I waited for the physical for $35.

Still, both physical games are a good deal.  You're typically paying $60 for new games right out the gate.

18 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Not if people pay for it. Many people have no problem paying full retail for a digital copy, so of course companies are going to do this, and frankly I can not blame them. This is especially true for indie games, which often never have a physical release, or in the case of Cuphead the physical release happened over a year after the digital release. Every now and then I'll even see things like a digital copy of a game being sold for $29.99 while you can purchase a physical for say $19.99 -- not judging anyone, some people just prefer digital 🙂

Editorials Team · Posted
18 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Here you go.  Single dip.  Relatively dirt cheap for a physical.  Includes the DLC.  Fun times are a short click away.

Screenshot_20231005-114207.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, avatar! said:

Not if people pay for it. Many people have no problem paying full retail for a digital copy, so of course companies are going to do this, and frankly I can not blame them. This is especially true for indie games, which often never have a physical release, or in the case of Cuphead the physical release happened over a year after the digital release. Every now and then I'll even see things like a digital copy of a game being sold for $29.99 while you can purchase a physical for say $19.99 -- not judging anyone, some people just prefer digital 🙂

The game was released in 2017 and the physical version was released on Switch in 2022. It wasn't just more than a year.

7 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Here you go.  Single dip.  Relatively dirt cheap for a physical.  Includes the DLC.  Fun times are a short click away.

Screenshot_20231005-114207.png

Too little ........... too late. I can't discuss it with my friends, I can't see everyone playing it on Twitch, people aren't discussing it on forums. I'm just not interested anymore.

Editorials Team · Posted
12 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

The game was released in 2017 and the physical version was released on Switch in 2022. It wasn't just more than a year.

Too little ........... too late. I can't discuss it with my friends, I can't see everyone playing it on Twitch, people aren't discussing it on forums. I'm just not interested anymore.

You could play it for you.  Don't have to be dependent on other people.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Administrator · Posted
On 10/4/2023 at 8:33 PM, Code Monkey said:

I have to agree, it's a pretty ridiculous mindset to think that a digital asset that you don't even actually own could be worth anywhere even near to a physical copy of the same thing. 

Pretty.

Ridiculous.

6 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I can't discuss it with my friends, I can't see everyone playing it on Twitch, people aren't discussing it on forums. I'm just not interested anymore.

In my experience people are always up for discussing Cuphead. I'll happily share my thoughts on it again, it's a wonderful game. 

• Agree 2

19 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

If you're really into the most happening game and into Twitch, I fully understand your point of view. Myself, like what I suspect most people on here, well I love playing old games as much as the most recent popular game. Never really thought of games released in 2017 as being "old" -- when someone says an "old game" to me I think of more like NES, SNES, PS1, etc. Heck, I have a huge backlog of PS4 games to play and I don't consider those old 🙂

But of course different people different opinions and no judgement, just my perspective.

• 2 weeks later...

Right now, I am having a major issue with iam8bit

During their sale, I followed a direct link and placed an order of more than $100 which was charged to my credit card. Right after it was charged, I had fraud on the card and just got a new one (coincidence?)

At any rate, no biggie, but I never received the items I purchased and in fact had not heard from them. When I contacted them they said they had no record of the order, even though my credit card clearly says the merchant is iam8bit - I shared all of this with them.

I placed the order on Oct 3 and contacted them on Oct 7. All they said is they would look into it, otherwise it's radio silence. Right now, if anyone is thinking about ordering from iam8bit I would say DO NOT order from them. Maybe I'm just the unlucky customer, but I have to say their customer service seems pretty shitacular. They just do not seem to be bothered. I'll update later -- more than likely I'll just need to contact my credit card company and tell them they have not been responsive. Anyone else had or is having problems with them? I will say this, whenever I've had to contact LRG customer service, they have always been courteous and professional and WILL reply to you in a timely manner.

• Angry 1

50 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Right now, I am having a major issue with iam8bit

During their sale, I followed a direct link and placed an order of more than $100 which was charged to my credit card. Right after it was charged, I had fraud on the card and just got a new one (coincidence?)

At any rate, no biggie, but I never received the items I purchased and in fact had not heard from them. When I contacted them they said they had no record of the order, even though my credit card clearly says the merchant is iam8bit - I shared all of this with them.

I placed the order on Oct 3 and contacted them on Oct 7. All they said is they would look into it, otherwise it's radio silence. Right now, if anyone is thinking about ordering from iam8bit I would say DO NOT order from them. Maybe I'm just the unlucky customer, but I have to say their customer service seems pretty shitacular. They just do not seem to be bothered. I'll update later -- more than likely I'll just need to contact my credit card company and tell them they have not been responsive. Anyone else had or is having problems with them? I will say this, whenever I've had to contact LRG customer service, they have always been courteous and professional and WILL reply to you in a timely manner.

The few things I have ordered from them I have had no problem.  Did you set up an account with them?  Did they send an electronic receipt.  (These would be more proof that you did order it.)

Maybe they had an inquiry from the credit card company and just washed their hands of it by scrubbing the order,  Not right by any stretch of the imagination. 

What was it - I will be glad to keep an eye out for it since I sometimes come across odd games on my searchs.

Do you actually have a bank account transaction with your purchase from them? Usually when you authorize a credit card payment, you'll just make the money available and they aren't withdrawn immediately, so if there's been an issue since, that might easily invalidate it.

The one time I made an order with Iam8bit I got an order confirmation by e-mail as I'd think is standard from webshops. Like Tabonga said, surely that should be all the proof they need?

Edited by Sumez

18 hours ago, Tabonga said:

The few things I have ordered from them I have had no problem.  Did you set up an account with them?  Did they send an electronic receipt.  (These would be more proof that you did order it.)

Maybe they had an inquiry from the credit card company and just washed their hands of it by scrubbing the order,  Not right by any stretch of the imagination. 

What was it - I will be glad to keep an eye out for it since I sometimes come across odd games on my searchs.

Thank you, it was Cuphead. I did order from them previously, and had no problems. I never received an electronic receipt, which I found strange. I checked with my credit card and they even sent me a letter saying that the transaction had gone through, so I can only assume the error is on iam8bit

What really bothers me is that I did contact iam8bit, and they just seem to be brushing it off and not replying.

23 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Thank you, it was Cuphead. I did order from them previously, and had no problems. I never received an electronic receipt, which I found strange. I checked with my credit card and they even sent me a letter saying that the transaction had gone through, so I can only assume the error is on iam8bit

What really bothers me is that I did contact iam8bit, and they just seem to be brushing it off and not replying.

You should be able to at least get the money back on the card since they can't prove they sent it.  Sucks though since you didn't get the item.

Edited by Tabonga

• 2 weeks later...