IGNORED

Limited Run Games

On 6/1/2023 at 10:03 PM, avatar! said:

If you are getting this email, you pre-ordered an item that closed 8 or 9 months ago. We acknowledge that that’s a really long time to wait,

8-9 months? Seems very short for LRG's standard.

Where didn't I get a mail like that? 😕 

I guess in the effort for LRG to improve shipping, they’ve up the price of shipping. For two standard games it has been $5.40 for as long as I can remember or at least a long while. Now it is $10.20 for two standard games. Just shy of double. 

Edit: It may be an error, I’ll have to put in a support ticket 

Edited by LeatherRebel5150
  • Wow! 1
  • Eyeroll 1

12 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I guess in the effort for LRG to improve shipping, they’ve up the price of shipping. For two standard games it has been $5.40 for as long as I can remember or at least a long while. Now it is $10.20 for two standard games. Just shy of double. 

Edit: It may be an error, I’ll have to put in a support ticket 

Shipping has always $10.53 to Canada, you had it easy.

Look I get it sucks having to deal with the scummy import dues and the international shipping, but that is what it is, and we in the states get it back if we buy outside too.  But that said you mocking people here whining about LRGs egregious shipping over charging is pretty out of line.  What they're charging to mail something that weighs less than a pound in a box (ie: game gear adapter at $30) from one state to the next, or even 2000mi away from the source is inexcusably high.  You're suffering it too, on top of the added pain of the long distance mail and if the import office decides to suck and want even more.

Maybe it's the LRG buyout from the huge company, and if that's the case, you'd think an account that huge would have had perks not pains in dropping not raising the cost of shipping.  Clearly sponging and/or a bad contract is involved, but it just comes off as greedy like they're now full of their own hot air and enjoying the ride from the trail of suckers.

5 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Look I get it sucks having to deal with the scummy import dues and the international shipping, but that is what it is, and we in the states get it back if we buy outside too.  But that said you mocking people here whining about LRGs egregious shipping over charging is pretty out of line.

Or maybe whining about having to pay $10 to get something shipped that everyone else is paying $40 for is over the line 🤷‍♂️

• Eyeroll 1

On 6/11/2023 at 8:39 PM, Code Monkey said:

Shipping has always $10.53 to Canada, you had it easy.

On 6/12/2023 at 2:06 AM, Sumez said:

You guys are paying less than $23 for shipping? Next you're telling me they don't charge you 25% extra for import duties.

15 hours ago, Sumez said:

Or maybe whining about having to pay $10 to get something shipped that everyone else is paying $40 for is over the line 🤷‍♂️

First, I wasn’t complaining. I was pointing out a change from what I had historically seen before. Nothing in my original post was phrased as a complaint.

Second, I made an edit saying it may have been an error and put in a service ticket. I ended up seeing other people have a similar issue where the payment processing glitched up and screwed up shipping costs.

Third, by basic logic if they are raising prices domestically, that would lead you to believe they will be raising it on everyone else as well.

Fourth, ok so you guys had higher shipping costs to begin with, so I guess you win the “We have it worse, so you have no right to point out price increases!” award. Congrats 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2023 at 12:32 PM, LeatherRebel5150 said:

First, I wasn’t complaining. I was pointing out a change from what I had historically seen before. Nothing in my original post was phrased as a complaint.

Yeah no worries 🙂, I was just responding to Tanooki's unnecessarily aggressive comment on my post, so it wasn't directed at you.

• Like 1

I just got an order from them Friday - included was a coupon that said "It takes time to make cool stuff!"  and "We appreciate your waiting!"  It has a code for 5% disconunt on a future order. (I am going to save if for the next limited edition I get.)  The odd thing about it is that I ordered this game March 3rd - so it came with lightining speed by LRG standards.  

Editorials Team · Posted

I'm gonna say:

• Castlevania Advance Collection
  • Quake II
  • Blade of Darkness
  • Something Star Wars
  • Sea of Stars

I'm going to hope against odds for:

• Star Ocean
  • Portals
  • The Last Remnant
  • Neon White
  • The Witness (why is this not ported? and why has it never gotten a physical?)
  • Like 1

My own unlikely hopes:

Pizza Tower for Switch (unlikely they'd announce a physical at the same time they announce a port, probably)
Cruelty Squad (same thing)
Ghosts n Goblins Resurrection (another one of the best games ever made that's never had a physical release)
Post Void (console version digital release was published by a company that also does physical releases, but never announced any physical for it)

Much more likely ones:
Gravity Circuit
Bomb Rush Cyberfunk
Sea of Stars

Edit: webhead just reminded me of Super Cyborg as well! I've been wanting a physical of that for a decade or so, but with the recent Switch port that's actually a possibility now. 

Though ultimately I hope a better publisher gets those games, ideally an international wide release, LRG is always more realistic.

Edited by Sumez

I guess I'll throw in my list as well

* Portal collection as well (very unlikely)

* Project Diva Mega 39s (I think this ship has long sailed)

* Bear and Breakfast? (a physical is releasing in Europe soon)

On something that'll actually happen, I think their mystery 3DS game will finally be revealed, especially since VGP has also hinted their newest 3DS restocks will be arriving.