IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Parodious DA!

BeaIank

1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

but u didn't invite me, your ole' pal jeevy......the one who prolly made @NESfiend laugh at my attempt to play a game lol.  

Its not even the playing because I havent played it and have no frame of reference on its difficulty. You just sound so dejected!

Edit: teaser for the kung fu fiends, @mbd39  @Bearcat-Doug

Highest first level score I can remember. Per usual, Im tremendous at point racking and not great on progress. But damn its fun to point rack this one

20220329_221131.jpg

Edited by NESfiend

Events Helper · Posted
7 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Its not even the playing because I havent played it and have no frame of reference on its difficulty. You just sound so dejected!

Edit: teaser for the kung fu fiends, @mbd39  @Bearcat-Doug

Highest first level score I can remember. Per usual, Im tremendous at point racking and not great on progress. But damn its fun to point rack this one

20220329_221131.jpg

that might just be me in general, I am pretty monotone 😆.  but I was probably especially more notably so because of the shmup.......

New twitch streamer, jeeves plays shmups lol.

3 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

@Gloves my i phone is doing the same thing.

2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Yeah phones be that way.

Yeah, I'm not complaining.  I assumed this was a phone problem since I take the photos oriented properly AND they show up oriented the way I want in my photo gallery, I just assumed it was something stoopid in the iPhone.

@Gloves is there a simple forum plug-in that might allow for minimal photo editing?  At least, 90/180/270 degree rotating?

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, RH said:

Yeah, I'm not complaining.  I assumed this was a phone problem since I take the photos oriented properly AND they show up oriented the way I want in my photo gallery, I just assumed it was something stoopid in the iPhone.

@Gloves is there a simple forum plug-in that might allow for minimal photo editing?  At least, 90/180/270 degree rotating?

You could edit the photo on the phone itself. I find I have the same issue, it shows "right" on my phone, then wrong on here (or elsewhere). Editing the photo fixes the issue, which tells me there's some metadata on the photos which tells the place you post to what "up" is, but your phone is translating it differently. Really the issue is on the phone end.

That said, I can look into some editing features/plugins, if any exist. Certainly!

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted

@RH @docile tapeworm Looks like there's actually already a discussion on the Invision forum about this; a new update on phones looks to be the culprit and Invision might push an update soon. If I see that come through I'll update the site right away.

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/466473-rotated-images-after-upload/#comment-2886657

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

Is this what they call a "cute 'em up"?  It's got octopuses and penguins and such. 

And how do we go about abbreviating that? C'mup? @Tulpa

C'mup makes me slightly less homicidal.

Parodius Da! is a game I want to like, but the slowdown on the NES/Famicom version is some of the worst. Konami could never get the hang of it. At least in Gradius II and Life Force you can use it to your advantage. This game and Gradius I, ugh.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Administrator · Posted
6 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Also, to note @Gloves.....

They stop being all roulettes after a certain point, i did make it a bit further than you, just not as high a score, so it makes it easier to get the shield etc. if u wish.

Ah nice, good job on that progress! 

I figure eventually it's not all roulette but by that point I'm kinda like "eh who needs em". 

14 hours ago, Tulpa said:

C'mup makes me slightly less homicidal.

Parodius Da! is a game I want to like, but the slowdown on the NES/Famicom version is some of the worst. Konami could never get the hang of it. At least in Gradius II and Life Force you can use it to your advantage. This game and Gradius I, ugh.

I can't agree more.  I like the idea of Gradius but the slowness is soooo slow.  I do like that since there are sprite limitations, you don't just hold down the fire button or tap it like crazy, except when you are properly aligned in front of the enemy.  Much different than bullet-hell.  But, yeah... this game is soooooo slow, even with the speed power-up.  In fact, the supposed speed boost didn't feel any faster to me. 😕