IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Parodious DA!

BeaIank

Events Helper · Posted

@Gloves you have given me enough false hope that I have wasted the day away playing this sad excuse for a game 😆.  thanks again, but I just ain't got glove level skills to beat the bosses and talk to guide me through a game and still pull out a score that makes most of us wish it was our run lol

38 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Yo when did you catch up to my post count? The fuck, bro?

37 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

prolly when i bitched and complained about this damned game 😠

I just want to know how you two have so much more of those green + points when I have been on here since day one and I’m hilarious.

• Haha 2

Events Helper · Posted
13 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

I just want to know how you two have so much more of those green + points when I have been on here since day one and I’m hilarious.

I was day -1 😉.  but it's all about being selective in what you say and how u say it.  also werewolf games help lol.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
43 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

fuckin first level bro. pretty much same area i made it to before.  Your strategy seems better because i can get an option, but i just can't get down the fucking part where you curve around the damn terrain and drop down to kill the lower enemies and hide lol, anyway, i am not sold on shmups, but its mainly just cuz i can't get them down man.  I know you say learn the patterns on easy, but honestly that doesn't seem to help as i can't get patterns down and react to shots they fire.  So to me that seems counter productive, because its so random when you hit them and when they fire.  idk, maybe i just need ot walk away and come back fresh, but i really don't wanna come back, i wanna try to make it past the first level and never play this game again lol.  That being said, you obviously have a little practice with this game cuz you have 2 fuggin copies 🤣

It's not random, they shoot where you are at the time the bullet comes out. That's kinda the secret sauce to a basic shmup - you need to sit still until a bullet is about to hit you, then move. Waiting for that last moment before impact (or shortly before, we're not talking single frames here) will mean there's a whole queue of bullets all going to exactly the same place. Some enemies mix it up and shoot straight or whatever but in general that's the key is that you need to get used to moving out of the path of a series of bullets, rather than yourself moving all the time.

Also I have 3 copies - remember I also have the PAL version.

>_>

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, Gloves said:

It's not random, they shoot where you are at the time the bullet comes out. That's kinda the secret sauce to a basic shmup - you need to sit still until a bullet is about to hit you, then move. Waiting for that last moment before impact (or shortly before, we're not talking single frames here) will mean there's a whole queue of bullets all going to exactly the same place. Some enemies mix it up and shoot straight or whatever but in general that's the key is that you need to get used to moving out of the path of a series of bullets, rather than yourself moving all the time.

Also I have 3 copies - remember I also have the PAL version.

>_>

ya I get it, but I'm just saying, I just suck at shmups lol.

Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Oh I was day -1 too!!!

oh, well I was the 20th, u were the 21st so I have one extra day lol, although I don't think that really matters lol.  anyway, u should totally play werewolf with us 😏.  u would so hate it and get to post a lot like me lol.  jk, but if u ever wanna try feel free haha.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

I'm too frantic and scared to stay in one place at a time and then move, I'm usually constantly moving lol, prolly my downfall, I prolly make it way harder than it is, but it's just too frantic for me.

I used to play shooters by constantly moving my vessel. I still do but I have learned you have to play the projectiles.

• Agree 1

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, docile tapeworm said:

I used to play shooters by constantly moving my vessel. I still do but I have learned you have to play the projectiles.

fair, I just don't play shooters......

maybe u all should recommend some shooters that can get me used to shooters lol, then maybe I can be a tapeworm or gloves

Just now, Jeevan said:

oh, well I was the 20th, u were the 21st so I have one extra day lol, although I don't think that really matters lol.  anyway, u should totally play werewolf with us 😏.  u would so hate it and get to post a lot like me lol.  jk, but if u ever wanna try feel free haha.

Ya I just saw that you were here a day before me! Damn it! Lol I might play werewolf….nope, no , no I won’t I have no time for that.

• Haha 1

Just now, Jeevan said:

fair, I just don't play shooters......

maybe u all should recommend some shooters that can get me used to shooters lol, then maybe I can be a tapeworm or gloves

It actually “clicked” for me playing stinger. But I was just smashing my face into the grinding wheel literally willing myself to get better.

• Sad 1

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

The Hudson Shooting Watch is by far the best thing in that picture!  What's your record?  The best I ever did was 118 on mine...

Look closer, there are two Hudson Shooting Watches in the photo! 😉

My personal best is 135.

30 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Look closer, there are two Hudson Shooting Watches in the photo! 😉

My personal best is 135.

Where'd you get the Adventure Island/Takahashi one, or is it a sticker?  And that's a damn good score, assuming it's done legit - but you are clearly a shmup fan and they don't always have turbo fire....

Administrator · Posted
9 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Where'd you get the Adventure Island/Takahashi one, or is it a sticker?  And that's a damn good score, assuming it's done legit - but you are clearly a shmup fan and they don't always have turbo fire....

It's a legit score. 🙂

As for the AI Shooting Watch, it's from the 2007 re-release. Both Watches were actually gifted to me by a Nintendoage member a few years ago, shortly after I released the ShmupSpeed website. 

IMG_20220329_211504.jpg

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
3 hours ago, Jeevan said:

I was day -1 😉.  but it's all about being selective in what you say and how u say it.  also werewolf games help lol.

3 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

Oh I was day -1 too!!!

oh no. No I wasn’t 😞 

October 17th gang, rise up!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Watched that @Jeevanvideo. You can hear the hatred and frustration in his voice before he even starts playing. Im a gradius fan, but this looks way more difficult. Need to load it up on the flash cart and get a participation score in and will at some point.

What little time I got this week will be dedicated to kung fu warm ups. Maybe i can salvage a 4th or 5th. @mbd39and @Bearcat-Dougare grinding hard enough that each is now considered to be missing persons in their respective cities

• Haha 1