IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Parodious DA!

BeaIank

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

but, i wanna be invincible kuz i suck lol

Honestly once you have an upgraded weapon and at least one option, the game becomes manageable. Once you have full options and especially if you went with Vic Viper using Laser, the game becomes almost trivial barring a few really tough spots.

Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Honestly once you have an upgraded weapon and at least one option, the game becomes manageable. Once you have full options and especially if you went with Vic Viper using Laser, the game becomes almost trivial barring a few really tough spots.

i find 2 speeds helps me, 3 is just absolute insanity

after the 2 speeds i get an option, if i could get that with the bomb, i wouldn't have to worry about the baddies on the bottom of the part with the crabs, but i can't manage......

Events Helper · Posted
10 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

@Jeevan I’m a 2 speed guy but you almost need 3

2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I go max speed so there are no surprises later on (trust me). 

well, i have played it nonstop with so many resets its not funny, i hate shmups, this one especially, i tried to give it a fair shake, but i just can't get it down......

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, docile tapeworm said:

1st stage is the hardest one

and it will have bested me, i am done, i can't do it anymore, i can feel my anger flowing through me so much so, that i really wanna just do something destructive, like buy a cart and shot gun it to death 😆

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
Just now, Jeevan said:

and it will have bested me, i am done, i can't do it anymore, i can feel my anger flowing through me so much so, that i really wanna just do something destructive, like buy a cart and shot gun it to death 😆

I have a CIB (minus manual...) PAL copy if you're interested. 😜

I also have a Famicom CIB but you ain't gettin' that.

2 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Aaaaaand that’s how the addiction starts, good luck bud. Take it one day at a time cause sounds like your hooked.

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, Gloves said:

I have a CIB (minus manual...) PAL copy if you're interested. 😜

I also have a Famicom CIB but you ain't gettin' that.

i will only destroy the original 😆

then i would have to get a shotgun.......

so really i can't do it, but i would pull an office space on it for sure!

Events Helper · Posted
6 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

My advice don’t go back and beat stage one…cause then you won’t be able to put it down and you’ll go out searching for more.

don't worry, i can't even beat stage 1 halfway, so getting more shmups is not a problem, i wont 😉  

I think i have some shmups in my collection in the form of n64 games, but those will be the only ones i own as far as i am concerned, and i don't play those 😉  

Events Team · Posted
7 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

I’m sure it will be no death rule. I’m just curious if I can ask about rule sets for future games to implement into practice runs now. @BeaIank 

Silver Surfer will require some further testing on my part before I define the final rule sets for it, since it is months away, but once I have it decided, I will let you know.
1 life only is a must there, though.

• Agree 1

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, BeaIank said:

Silver Surfer will require some further testing on my part before I define the final rule sets for it, since it is months away, but once I have it decided, I will let you know.
1 life only is a must there, though.

fyi, there is a spot where you can milk it and rack up an ungoddly score with just wigglinjg up and down 😉  i still hate shmups, but we ran that on a survivor game, and you can easily max out the score